Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Exclamation Disneyland Gridlocked - Record Crowds

Disneyland Resort could reach 100,000 guests by the end of the day and stopped ticket sales before noon today. That's HUGE traffic folks.

Here's what Al has to say about it:
    Recent rains have played havoc with a historically over-crowded week for Disneyland. Today's sunshine and warmth have sent in-park attendance at Disneyland well over the 50K mark, and DCA is headed towards 25K inside the park this afternoon. Ticket sales were halted by mid-day and frustration levels are high. Total daily attendance for both parks combined on Monday could top the 100K mark, smashing a record, and it's miserable under those conditions. Try to plan your visit this week for a rainy day like Wednesday, when crowds will still be big but at least at safer levels.
    If you can postpone your visit, do so. If you can't stay away from the parks, avoid Main Street during parades and prepare for massive crowds by Fireworks time. Both parks will be extremely crowded.

Attractions such as Tiki Room, Innoventions, Captain EO, Tarzan's Treehouse, and Tom Sawyer's island offer low wait times, with Pirates, Haunted Mansion, and Small World usually having moderate lines on busy days. Use Fastpass for other attractions.

What are your busy day tips?
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Parking Lot > DCA

re: Disneyland Gridlocked - Record Crowds

Wow. That is insane. My tips? Don't go. Stay out of the sea of humans.

Godspeed to anyone from MC that is there.

Thanks for the update, Dusty. My girlfriend and I were actually planning on going later.

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

8O
    That's amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    CaptainEO,ATIS: Have you ever heard that rumor that Elvis is alive, and well, and owns a bakery in Seattle? Yeah, that's total crap. Now if you where to tell me Michael Jackson was alive, and well, and owns a MiceChat account in Las Vegas, that I would believe!

• Nutty about Disney parks

I wonder if someone on here does go...they should bring back pics!

I went yesterday and it was pretty bad as well, but still manageable,--especially with all of New Orleans Square closed down, and Thunder Mountain and Jungle Cruise closed for a great deal of the day. With some of the biggest people eaters closed, yesterday was insane as well. Critter Country is usually not crowded since its tucked away, Pooh never has a wait. The castle walk thru is a nice break from crowds as well.
    Last edited by MactheMan; 12-27-2010 at 02:09 PM.

Wow, I love Disneyland, but it's almost impossible to enjoy the day when it's so crowded that you have to shuffle a few inches forward at a time instead of walking.

Best busy day tip: Enjoy yourself, your at Disneyland.

And I thought Christmas day was bad! It was pretty packed but you could still move around. And yesterday, the crowds seemed a little bit lighter than Christmas day. Even though NOS was out, the wait times for SM and Indy were 85 minutes. BLAB was running about 30 minutes, as it usually is, until it was shut down. I've seen longer wait times on non-holiday weekends.

• Adventures with Duffy

If people would go knowing that it will be busy, they wont be able to do all they want to do but its Disneyland so enjoy it. Things would be better. Its when people get tired, hungry, pushy and so on is what makes the day not so nice. I hope the next few very busy days is nice for those that go. What does help is going back to a hotel room in the afternoon to relax and get away from the crowds. For those who don't have hotel rooms, find a place in the parks, DtD or the hotels where your not getting pushed. Hang there for a few hours, people watching is fun. If you can do this your day will greatly improve.

• Workin to live,lovin life

Wow. I'm thankful that Anaheim is a hop skip and a jump away from where I live (approx. 90 mins away depending on traffic), but I can't imagine how it would be for someone that made a whole vacation out of visiting the Disneyland Resort. I too don't like when people are pushy and tired with the huge amount of crowds. Not to mention when people block walk ways.

I've been spoiled by taking a weekday or two off from work and going on a Tuesday, or Wednesday. I feel like the amount of people on a middle of the week day is what it may have been like in the 70's on a weekend... just speculation. Can anyone confirm that?

Maybe it's also because I prefer to go at a "stop and smell the roses" pace whenever I visit Disneyland.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Janell View Post
    What does help is going back to a hotel room in the afternoon to relax and get away from the crowds. For those who don't have hotel rooms, find a place in the parks, DtD or the hotels where your not getting pushed. Hang there for a few hours, people watching is fun. If you can do this your day will greatly improve.
    Great idea, but check with the front gate employees before leaving the parks to find out what the reentry situation is. Once the park reaches maximum capacity, you will not be able to reenter, even if you have a hand stamp. Passholders should also ask if they need to obtain a hand stamp on busy days!
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Circle of Ancients

I think the rain last week didn't help either. I'm sure a LOT of people postponed visits to the park from last week to this week. Last Wednesday was absolutely awesome in the park, not a lot of rain and not a lot of people.

Tips for busy days:

• Drink lots of water! Staying hydrated will give you more energy and less irritable when you have to deal with families and strollers and long waits and attraction downtimes.
    • Speaking of downtimes, when its busy there are a lot more chances for attractions to go down (either from being overworked or guests not behaving on the rides) so be flexible. Don't go "just for Space Mountain"...If Space Mountain is closed, try Captain EO Tribute and maybe it'll be back open when you're done.
    • Wear comfortable shoes, you're going to be standing a LOT!
    • Try things you might not normally try. Have you ever ridden the Disneyland Railroad all the way around? Have you ever tried to go up int eh wheelhouse of the Mark Twain Riverboat? How about a Dole Whip and a sit in Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room? Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough, Innoventions and Winnie The Pooh are all great options for fun family time.
    • Stay away from the Monorail! It's only faster if you're willing to wait 45 minutes in line for it. In the time you wait you could have already walked to your hotel.
    • Don't be surprised by the parade or fireworks. If your in Adventureland during the parade, DON'T try to get to Tomorrowland. Try Tarzan's Treehouse or Pirates of the Caribbean. If you must get to the east side try the Disneyland Railroad.

Hope this helps!

I've been there on busy days and yesterday didn't seem too bad. Granted it was a bit chaotic due to the power outtage but overall I thought it could have been a lot worse. I was thinking about going to DLR on New years eve but after reading this I'm starting to think it might not be a great idea...

• Always Happy<3

I am planning on spending new years eve at the park. We are headed down there after 5pm when i get off work. Hopefully it wont be too bad. What do you all think? :/

we rented out a room too to stay out there and not drive back at late hours.
    Always let your conscience be your guide.
    -Pinocchio

Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast