Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Steamboat Willie Meet and Greet

Just got back from a DLR trip tonight. It was extremely crowded so I ended up just going to a bunch of meet and greets. The one I was most interested in was in Mickey's house, because he was dressed as Steamboat Willie. I've been going to the parks forever now and have never seen this while visiting him. Is this rare or have I just been at the parks the wrong time? I will post a picture later if I can

Re: Steamboat Willie Meet and Greet

It's a regular thing. You can catch him at his house in 1 of 4 costumes. Either his regular outfit, Steamboat Willie, Sorcerer Mickey, or Band Concert.

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

I wanna see a picture. I've never seen him in his Steamboat Willie outfit.

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    CaptainEO,ATIS: Have you ever heard that rumor that Elvis is alive, and well, and owns a bakery in Seattle? Yeah, that's total crap. Now if you where to tell me Michael Jackson was alive, and well, and owns a MiceChat account in Las Vegas, that I would believe!

• Minion

this is normal. ive got the other 3 but still waiting for the steamboat.
    i like this place because i don't know what to expect.

• Disney Fan & Musician

Ooh, I've been wanting to get that one for a while! Is it on a schedule? :0
    Follow me on --> Twitter (@soda)

• Minion

I've only seen Mickey in his Steamboat Willie costume in his house in Toontown. I'm pretty sure it's just the luck of the draw.

• A Weather Eye Open

every group that gets let through the doors out of the film room into the library will meet Mickey in a different costume. So it's only a matter of minutes between each group, and you could try asking to wait to see mickey in the specific outfit you want. it would be like asking for a specific row on a ride.

they might not accommodate though because acknowledging that it would be possible to have a choice of 4 outfits in a matter of minutes kind of ruins the illusion that there is only one mickey there at a time.
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

• A Suitcase & A Dream

Quote Originally Posted by twobluestripes View Post
    every group that gets let through the doors out of the film room into the library will meet Mickey in a different costume. So it's only a matter of minutes between each group, and you could try asking to wait to see mickey in the specific outfit you want. it would be like asking for a specific row on a ride.

they might not accommodate though because acknowledging that it would be possible to have a choice of 4 outfits in a matter of minutes kind of ruins the illusion that there is only one mickey there at a time.
    Yeah if you ask, you should try to be discreet as not to ruin the magic for anyone else, especially since most of the people in Mickey's house are kids.

• TinkerBell's BFF!

it also depends what time you visit the house. Through the Mirror (traditional) and Fantasia (sorcerer) both start at 10am. Band Concert starts at 11am, and Steamboat starts at noon. All 4 stay open until the house closes, but if you visit his house before noon, you will definitely not get Steamboat Willie.
    Last edited by ifoceanscollide; 12-28-2010 at 09:11 PM. Reason: because

• TinkerBell's BFF!

Also, if you do ask for a specific room, don't be surprised if you're told no. We load whatever room is currently ready for guests at that time, and it's a huge hassle to hold people while we wait for a specific room to come up in the rotation.

•   
    • Minion

This is awesome I actually didn't know there were options for mickey in his house. I have seen sorc mickey in that show that used to be at DCA. As for Steamboat willie I know he is on the Mark twain during fantasmic that's the only time I thought he was ever out. I need a picture with him now that i know it;s possible

• "CA - CA! RAWRRR!"

I've only gotten him once! I always get regular Mickey or Band Leader Mickey.

Quote Originally Posted by imagineerthat View Post
    Yeah if you ask, you should try to be discreet as not to ruin the magic for anyone else, especially since most of the people in Mickey's house are kids.
    We've done this. My friend is a HUGE Steamboat Willie fan and wanted to get a picture this past summer. The first time we visited Mickey's House, she asked if Steamboat Mickey was around today and the CM gave her a weird look and ushered us in to meet Mickey in his tux.

The second time around I suggested we ask a different CM in a more fun way. She asked the CM if there was a way she could wait to see if Mickey was filming in his Steamboat Willie costume today? This CM was much more tuned in to the request and told us to wait over to the side for a few minutes. She was able to accommodate us and even suggested we go in last to have a few extra minutes with Mickey. We knew this was something she didn't have to do so we left a compliment for this CM at City Hall saying that "she made an extra effort to make our day special".

A tip: the time we lucked out was during the evening. It seems like, if you're hoping to get a request fulfilled, try going to Mickey's house when it is not busting at the seams with people.

• Queen Elsa

After so many times trying to get Streamboat Mickey (that is what I like to call him.) I did finally got him. To me he is the hardest one out of all the Mickey's that I have met. Here is what he looks like.

Awww man! I thought he'd have the hat and still be completely in black-and-white, I think his colored and modern face ruins the effect.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast