Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How long will the holiday decorations stay up this year??

I would like to visit early next week....

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Re: How long will the holiday decorations stay up this year??

Quote Originally Posted by coachnancy View Post
    I would like to visit early next week....
    The Disneyland calender says Sunday (Jan 2) to be the last day for the Christmas season at Disneyland. You might see a few things as they take it all down. It is normal (years past) for Sunday (after New Years Day) to be the last day.

Park Hours & Calendar | Disneyland Resort

This is odd: Mon Jan 3rd shows the Christmas parade ("A Christmas Fantasy") to run along w/ fireworks ("Believe...In Holiday Magic")

The Haunted Mansion is closed starting Monday (Jan 3rd). Looks like it opens Jan 14th (http://disneyland.disney.go.com/cale...ult/2011/01/14). That's pretty quick.

small world goes down Tues Jan 18.
    Splash is down too
    http://disneyland.disney.go.com/calendar/#/default/2011/01/18

**All information is subject to change without notice**
    Last edited by DLFreak71; 12-29-2010 at 04:08 PM.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DLFreak71 View Post
    This sunday will be the last day for the christmas season at disneyland. You might see a few things as they take it all down.

This really bummed me out when I first saw the date on the calendar. I'm sure they look at the calendar and leave the decorations up a certain amount of weeks each year, but typically, the first full week of January coincides with the second full week off from school for many kids in the area, i.e. If New Years day were on a Monday, the decorations would be up for the rest of the week. As New Years is on a Saturday this year, the kids go back to school, and the decorations automatically come down. I really wish they had left them up one more week this year. Even if they didn't run the parade & Fireworks, it would have been fun to keep the sound track and decorations up a bit longer.

January always seems like such a downer. The lights all disappear, the parade goes away, and the construction walls go up all over the park.

On the bright side, the crowds go away, so I guess it depends on how you look at it.

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

With as many times as this question gets asked during the season, it would be cool if a sticky could be done it
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Minion

i think when the decor comes down thats when the 2fer starts.

• Minion

The holiday season officially ends on Sunday but the decorations aren't going to all come down overnight. It took weeks to put them all up and will take just as long to take them all down.

seeing that they are having record crowds maybe they should consider expanding the season another week

• LOL!!!!!!! (MC teen joke)

Yeah, I love the Christmas decorations. And my friend is visiting in a week and a half. Oh well. lol
    The Original Teen Scene of MiceChat:
    fangalicious44 padgerfan monorailorange33 SS77 A113 animekiti4christ DapperJoshua Performerinwaiting MainStreetJake dmtnt55 MikeSkellington
    JungleCruiseFan Ckelef1 Incrediboy The Disneylander GummiBearsRock iskategoofy *disneyprincess* stevo505 Dragonfire Colorized DisneyLove littleactressann Kritter

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by F!an View Post
    The holiday season officially ends on Sunday but the decorations aren't going to all come down overnight. It took weeks to put them all up and will take just as long to take them all down.
    What's funny is that website says Jan 2nd, but the calendar shows everything in full swing (minus Haunted Mansion) on Jan 3rd. (link posted on post # 2)
    Quote by Al:
    -Al Lutz

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by F!an View Post
    I agree that everything won't down all in one night, but I'm always surprised at how much faster it all comes down compared to when it goes up. I think they have to be more meticulous when putting everything up, i.e. making sure it's straight, replacing bulbs, etc, but when it comes down, I think they just schlep it back stage and take their time at that point putting it back into storage. Just a theory. I was shocked last year when the Halloween stuff was gone literally almost overnight. I think last year the garlands went first, then the tree, and then everything else disappeared. I think Main Street returned to normal in about 3-4 days.

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by Mac Daddy View Post
    I agree that everything won't down all in one night, but I'm always surprised at how much faster it all comes down compared to when it goes up. I think they have to be more meticulous when putting everything up, i.e. making sure it's straight, replacing bulbs, etc, but when it comes down, I think they just schlep it back stage and take their time at that point putting it back into storage. Just a theory. I was shocked last year when the Halloween stuff was gone literally almost overnight. I think last year the garlands went first, then the tree, and then everything else disappeared. I think Main Street returned to normal in about 3-4 days.
    I build Santa's house at work.
    It takes at least 30+ hours to put it up.
    It only takes 4 hours to take it all down.
    It's amazing how long it takes (if you care about how it looks) to put something up
    and within hours, all that hard work easily comes down.

(behind the red/white tree, the wall (secret) moves so Santa can seem to just appear in his "house". That leads to a hidden dressing room for Santa behind his "house".)
    Last edited by DLFreak71; 12-29-2010 at 03:57 PM. Reason: http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/hs016.snc6/166605_181150021912343_100000520398204_557424_1237885_n.jpg
    Quote by Al:
    -Al Lutz

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

If someone goes to the park daily (normal occurrence), it would be cool if they photographed each day to show how quickly disney does the holiday removal.
    Quote by Al:
    -Al Lutz

• Nerd

Quote Originally Posted by DLFreak71 View Post
    I build Santa's house at work.
    It takes at least 30+ hours to put it up.
    It only takes 4 hours to take it all down.
    It's amazing how long it takes (if you care about how it looks) to put something up
    and within hours, all that hard work easily comes down.

(behind the red/white tree, the wall (secret) moves so Santa can seem to just appear in his "house". That leads to a hidden dressing room for Santa behind his "house".)
    Yep. It can take 4 or 5 hours to prepare Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner and 15 minutes to eat it, LOL.
    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Blog Entries

I'll be headed back in this morning for a few more shots in the rain. I'm guessing that most of the decorations will still be up as they are running the parade today and the park hours are still 8 AM - midnight. So....I'm going out on a limb and suggesting that most of the holiday decor won't start coming down until tomorrow....with the DCA letters, etc. I'm also hoping the holiday sound loop is still going as well. Either way, something tells me the crowds will be much lighter today.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Blog Entries

I'm in the park now. The garlands are down on main street but the tree is up and the holiday sound track is going. Not too many folks here today.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast