• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

2 year anniversary at DL-suggestions?

My boyfriend's and my 2 year anniversary is coming up on Dec. 19th (a Monday) and we're planning on visiting the park that day. He's a total brat when it comes to letting me pay for things, but he's also on a budget...so we might get to eat at the Blue Bayou, but maybe not. We did this last year, and it was most definitely nice, but if any of you had any romantic ideas for things to do in the park (and keeping in mind that I'm a poor college student), I would very much appreciate it

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Re: 2 year anniversary at DL-suggestions?

...please?

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

Go on Peter Pan's Flight, that was alwasys romantic with me and my girlfriend. I would also suggest to take some pics at Snow White's grotto during nightfall, that location is very romantic for couples.
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

• See you there!

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict
    My boyfriend's and my 2 year anniversary is coming up on Dec. 19th (a Monday) and we're planning on visiting the park that day. He's a total brat when it comes to letting me pay for things, but he's also on a budget...so we might get to eat at the Blue Bayou, but maybe not. We did this last year, and it was most definitely nice, but if any of you had any romantic ideas for things to do in the park (and keeping in mind that I'm a poor college student), I would very much appreciate it
    Sounds like you both care about each other quite a bit, afterall, been together two years, congratulations!

The first thing I would do is have a frank discussion about budget. Seems like you both like nice things, but seperatley may lack the funds to do the nicer things you want and enjoy. So, I would suggest what you each want to do, and discuss the possibility of sharing the expenses so you can enjoy the things you want. Relatiionships work much better with communicaiton.

As for romantic things to do:

1. I believe you are right, the IMHO the number one most romatic restaruant in DL has go to be The Blue Bayou. I hope you get to go there.

2. Go on a night when no Fantasmic and just enjoy strolling around the Rivers of America (maybe ride the Mark Twain) and maybe just stroll around New Orleans Square. (These are probably my favorite things my wife and I enjoy at DL). If Fantasmic is going to be shown, just enjoy the Rivers of America and New Orleans Square as you can. Whoops, just noticed DL open until 12:00 AM that day, so enjoy Rivers and NOS soon after sunset, then exit to less crowded areas. (Maybe do NOS and ROA more some other time.)

3. Go to the lower level of Hungery Bear Restaurant and just sit and watch the river and enjoy talking with each other.

4. Somebody else mentioned it, but just taking time to enjoy the area around the Wishing Well, something romantic about that place (to me) as well.

5. Maybe take time to enjoy the It's a small world" holiday Lighting Moment at 4:45pm

6. Go on IASW and snuggle (just snuggle! remember little kids present)

7. Go to the snow somewhere (Main Street, the Hub, where ever) something about the ambience of "White Christmas" playing and falling "Disney Snow".

8. Stroll Big Thunder Trail.

9. If you like DCA at all, there are some nice places to stroll and talk.

10. Maybe make it to DCA for the DEP (Disney's Electrical Parade).

11. Ride the train after dark, and maybe snuggle (again, just snuggle! families and little kids present and nobody wants to see excessive PDA)

Well, there you have it, ten, (well 11) romantic things to do at DLR. I realize that there may be time problems and conflicts with some of them, just pick what you like best.

Have a wonderful day and evening, you'll never have this time again, make sure to enjoy it and tell each other how much you car about each other.

But what ever you do (it's not what you do but who you do it with), just enjoy each other's company.

CU@DL

Andy
    Last edited by CUatDL; 11-21-2005 at 04:25 PM.

• A Pirate's life for me!

In addition to that wonderful list, grab a Dole Whip and find a quiet spot to munch on them while you enjoy each others company. Rivers of America sounds good.

• Crystalthecutie

Smile Re: 2 year anniversary at DL-suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict

aww that is so romantic

• See you there!

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMickey
    In addition to that wonderful list, grab a Dole Whip and find a quiet spot to munch on them while you enjoy each others company. Rivers of America sounds good.
    Duh? How could I forget about the Dole Whip. DL is the only place on the west coast (I know of) to get these w/o a trip to Hawaii.

Reminds me, put on my ToDo list:

Get a Dole Whip!

CU@DL

Andy

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

After a brief search on the web, I found out that the second anniversary is either cotton (traditional) or china (modern). Maybe there's something in that? And be creative! Buy matching t-shirts for cotton! Or better, get egg rolls, to represent china, at the egg roll cart in Adventurelan.....wait, sorry, I think that's WDW. Whoops.

No, really, china is like servingware, so if you are college student, there's little I can do with that, other then you guys get matching cups of hot cocoa while watching Fantasmic or something.

Just an idea. Something else to work with. Do let us know what you decide on.

Peace out!
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Talking Re: 2 year anniversary at DL-suggestions?

double post, dunno why it happened...
    Last edited by pineapplewhipaddict; 11-21-2005 at 04:00 PM.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Talking Re: 2 year anniversary at DL-suggestions?

Wow! What great posts!

Yeah, I'm really excited. You usually don't see a pair of teens last this long, but this guy is really special. I haven't met any other guy in this world who is as loving, caring, funny, smart and genuine as him, and he treats me so well, I love him so much! Probably gonna end up marrying him ^_^ Ah, but enough swooning!

I'll talk it over with my guy, and then I'll let you know what we've decided on as soon as I can.

Thanks so much for all of your help! Youe guys are the best ^_^