Thread: Snow?

• Reaver of Souls

Snow?

What's the deal with the snow this year? It looks like they're still running the "Remember..." fireworks (unfortunately), so what's the deal? A short holiday post script? Just one song and some snow? What's the deal?
    Honor those who fall under the sword.
    But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Re: Snow?

from the 11/14 press release:
    Disneyland’s 50th Anniversary entertainment includes the all-new nightly fireworks spectacular, “Remember… Dreams Come True,” the most elaborate pyrotechnics show in Disneyland history featuring an amazing new flight path for Tinker Bell. During the holidays, “Remember” will conclude with a touching rendition of “White Christmas” as a magical snowfall gently flutters down on Main Street, U.S.A., Small World Mall and New Orleans Square.

Enjoy!
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Reaver of Souls

Many thanks, ALIASd!
    Honor those who fall under the sword.
    But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

• Official Mice Chat person

How do they make the transition to the snow? At the end of the show does it suddenly "BANG!" start snowing with white Christmas playing in the background? Or does Julie Andrews come back and give a short spiel? Or does "the voice of Disneyland" give a spiel?

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Quote Originally Posted by Reaver
    Many thanks, ALIASd!
    A pleasure
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Who's your DaddyB?

They've canceled the D@&# fireworks due to 'high winds" so many times this past week I can't tell you how they do it. Every time I've gone, it's been canceled!

I would like to say that ever since the first time I watched the show, I've waited for the "white christmas" guitar music to start and snow to start falling. There's something about the ending to R...DCT that to me must be very similar to the ending of the original fireworks show.

I couldn't quite tell because the crowd was so noisy voicing their displeaure over the cancellation of the show, but after they do the final announcement about the high winds, I DO think that Julie Andrews comes on and says something, and then it starts to snow. Whether that happens after the end of the actual fireworks show, I don't know.
    ---------------------------------------------

a walk around the park... Star Tours, Nemo, Fantasyland, Frontierland, DCA... and more!

• ºoº Tom ºoº

Quote Originally Posted by Disneylandrocks55
    How do they make the transition to the snow? At the end of the show does it suddenly "BANG!" start snowing with white Christmas playing in the background? Or does Julie Andrews come back and give a short spiel? Or does "the voice of Disneyland" give a spiel?
    Saturday after canceling the fireworks they launched into what I can only assume is the additional music for the snow which was introduced by Julie Andrew but it was impossible to tell what she said over the load grumblings of thousands of guests lined up Main Street, who shut up moments later as a flurry of bubbles easily distracted the hurd of cattle who scattered across the park with in the chaos of the pseudo snow.

• 0 to 200 mph in 1 second!

Last night, a few minutes before the show was scheduled to start, there was an announcement that the show might be cancelled. Several minutes later, "White Christmas" and the snow suddenly started. It would have been nice had there been another announcment, and maybe one Christmas song to sort of set the stage before the finale.

• Queen of Sarcasm

They have Julie Andrews saying additional commentary and then snow starts falling. Last night I stood in front of castle in the walkway for GC. The people were upset the show was cancelled but were happy it still was snowing. Everyone was happy except for the one guy who stood behind me the entire time. Just a bitter man in general. He was upset because there was a churro cart right next to him and the smell made him sick. Then he got irrate that the fireworks show was cancelled and on top of it he was livid when the snow started because it was not real snow. It is Disney and we should make it really snow or else not advertise snow and then have it raining bubbles. The whole time I had to stand there and listen. Then after the show stopped he said I assaulted him with my flashlight. Thankfully by then the people around him had enough and told him to shut the trap and this nice lady said if he did go to City Hall and complain it was okay because they whole time he was harrasing me I was very courteous to him and she was stopping by herself to let them know.