survived dlr on 12/27 and 12/28

So my wife and I went, having not been there in about 8 years, with our two kids which was the first time for them. ...all, I can say is, WOW! There was a bunch of people there but we expected it to be crowded and considering all the people, I think dlr did a good job of keeping people "busy" by bringing out all of the characters and managing the fastpasses, etc. There were the usual long wait times for the main attractions but some of the others rides weren't too bad considering that the park was maxed out.

We ended up getting annual passes so we'll def be going back. We may even be going as soon as MLK weekend. (BTW, anybody have any idea how the crowd is during this weekend?) The kids loved it. Riding on some of the rides really brought back memories of my childhood. For example, when we rode on Autopia, I remembered riding on it with my parents and now it's flipped to me riding with my kids. Hopefully, some day, my kids will have the same fond memories as I did with them. "happy tear"

We were originally going to go on 12/30 and 12/31 but changed our mind because we thought the crowd would be extremely bad and now that Wed is rained out, I'm sure many people will be trying to make up for lost time. Maybe, when the kids get older, we'll try and go back for New Years but for a 22 month old and a almost 3.5 year old, it might be too much.

Looking forward to def going back many more times especially to take advantage of our (pricey) prem annual pass.

• Blew By You

Re: survived dlr on 12/27 and 12/28

Me and my daughter went on Tuesday, 12-28-10. It was rather crowded but not as weird or crazy as I would have thought. We were mainly in Fantasyland but ventured to Tomorrowland, Frontierland and Adventureland. There was only one bad experience for the whole day and unfortunately concerned a CM at the M&F structure. But for most of the day, we experienced a very good time. And Mr. Toad's hell was still frozen. What gives?
    So to the survivors, here's a toast to our survival and grit, and to all, have a good New Years.