Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Lightbulb What Disney should do with monsters inc ride....

I have an idea that would go along with the 1920's hollywood theme. They should make a steamboat willie dark ride. Instead of the current cabs you could travel on boats and watch the classic cartoon take place through animatronics and cutouts. Does anyone else like this idea or have an idea of there own?
    WALTER ELIAS DISNEY COMMUNITY OF TOMORROW- WEDCOT

• We Go On.

Re: What Disney should do with monsters inc ride....

I definitely think it would be better than monsters. Everyone's been talking about just ripping it out and putting in a Great Movie Ride, but I think that idea should be reserved for DHS. Truth is, DCA needs some well done smaller attractions before they can kill a bug's land, and this is a great step in that direction.

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

Move Autopia to the remaining parking lot in Cars Land and that will free up a lot of space for a few attractions in Tomorrowland. Maybe put in a Monsters Inc. Ride N Go Seek while keeping some things from the current ride. This would also free up space in Hollywood Land. As Incrediboy said they could put in a Great Muppet Movie Ride. They could also connect the Muppet Vision Building to the Muppet Movie Ride building for more room. They could also take some scenes from Muppet Vision and put them on the GMMR. And for the GMMR to fit the theme it would only be the Muppets remaking movies from 1920-1940s. Maybe throw in a 1950s movie in there?
    (A little off topic) I think they should put in a Great Movie Ride in California Adventure. I was thinking in the building that previously housed Hollywood N Dine. Just make it bigger for the ride to fit with some scenes in the ride changed to other movies. That or when the Resort Preview Center has run it's course put it in the Carthay Circle Theater? I know I'm gonna get bashed for that idea but it's a theater, people want to see movies in a theater so let's create a new meaning to that, and if the building can be made large enough it could hold a Great Movie Ride.
    Last edited by CaptainEO,ATIS; 12-30-2010 at 11:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    CaptainEO,ATIS: Have you ever heard that rumor that Elvis is alive, and well, and owns a bakery in Seattle? Yeah, that's total crap. Now if you where to tell me Michael Jackson was alive, and well, and owns a MiceChat account in Las Vegas, that I would believe!

• Disney is home

I honestly like the ride and I believe the kids that come to park do too. I'm all for changing the exterior though.

• Senior Minion

I could be mistaken, but isn't a "Monsters 2" in pre-production? If so, all they may do is "plus up" the ride to include some new parts.

It'd be nice if they could expand it into the old "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire" building.

• Nutty about Disney parks

Upgrade the facade and animatronics. It will do the ride wonders!
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

• 10 Year Annual Passholder

It seems like if they want a consistent theme in that land, a lot has to change. They are changing the land that Monsters Inc. is in to Hollywoodland, which I believe is themed to the 20's, so really none of the attractions fit that theme except for maybe the Tower of Terror, but even that is themed to 1939. So, I feel like this land is going to be a bit of a hodgepodge with not a completely consistent time frame unless they make a lot of changes.

^Art by me!^
    Check out my
    Flickr page for a selection of my Disneyland Resort photography (and more)! {new photos 9.13.14}
    You can purchase a selection of my photos as well as clothing and stickers designed by me at my RedBubble page.
    Visit my
    Tumblr blog for another way to view and share my photos.
    Radiator Springs Racers ride count: 19

• DLR Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by Donald1980 View Post
    I honestly like the ride and I believe the kids that come to park do too. I'm all for changing the exterior though.
    I happen to agree. While I favor plussing, I generally like the interior just like it is. But the exterior should be totally redone, imo.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEO,ATIS View Post
    Move Autopia to the remaining parking lot in Cars Land and that will free up a lot of space for a few attractions in Tomorrowland. Maybe put in a Monsters Inc. Ride N Go Seek while keeping some things from the current ride. This would also free up space in Hollywood Land. As Incrediboy said they could put in a Great Muppet Movie Ride. They could also connect the Muppet Vision Building to the Muppet Movie Ride building for more room. They could also take some scenes from Muppet Vision and put them on the GMMR. And for the GMMR to fit the theme it would only be the Muppets remaking movies from 1920-1940s. Maybe throw in a 1950s movie in there?
    (A little off topic) I think they should put in a Great Movie Ride in California Adventure. I was thinking in the building that previously housed Hollywood N Dine. Just make it bigger for the ride to fit with some scenes in the ride changed to other movies. That or when the Resort Preview Center has run it's course put it in the Carthay Circle Theater? I know I'm gonna get bashed for that idea but it's a theater, people want to see movies in a theater so let's create a new meaning to that, and if the building can be made large enough it could hold a Great Movie Ride.
    Ummmm..... well. That's quite a lot to ask, and for no real gain, If you're seriously suggesting this.

Sure kids like Monsters, heck grown ups do too, but at the end of the day, rides close and get replaced all the time. It happens. Monsters (sequel coming or not) has never been popular enough to deserve this ride. If it was a Disney film sure, but Pixar should at least limit its placement of attractions to their hit movies. There's no doubt in my mind the ride couldn't be replaced with something much stronger. The Muppets deserve an attraction far better than the 3D show. They've stood the test of time. As for a Muppets replacement in the theater, Phiharmagic works to me, but I get the complaints that it doesn't quite fit the theme. I feel though that as long as the facade does, you can get away with the the film itself being a little off. Personally I only want to see this brought here, if they switch it to 2D. I HATE seeing classic characters done in that soulless animation.

• Minion

I would love to see the exterior change! Other then that maybe some plusing when the sequel comes out other then that its a fun enough ride! If I had my total way I would want an up grade to like the hide and go seek version or some other new story using the characters!

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
    Sure kids like Monsters, heck grown ups do too, but at the end of the day, rides close and get replaced all the time. It happens. Monsters (sequel coming or not) has never been popular enough to deserve this ride. If it was a Disney film sure, but Pixar should at least limit its placement of attractions to their hit movies. There's no doubt in my mind the ride couldn't be replaced with something much stronger. The Muppets deserve an attraction far better than the 3D show. They've stood the test of time. As for a Muppets replacement in the theater, Phiharmagic works to me, but I get the complaints that it doesn't quite fit the theme. I feel though that as long as the facade does, you can get away with the the film itself being a little off. Personally I only want to see this brought here, if they switch it to 2D. I HATE seeing classic characters done in that soulless animation.
    I'm not getting rid of Monsters, I'm moving it to Tomorrowland. I would put PhilharMagic in the FL Theater. I'm not taking out anything but Muppet Vision, where some elements from that would be incorperated into the GMMR.
    Quote Originally Posted by KEBSD View Post
    It seems like if they want a consistent theme in that land, a lot has to change. They are changing the land that Monsters Inc. is in to Hollywoodland, which I believe is themed to the 20's, so really none of the attractions fit that theme except for maybe the Tower of Terror, but even that is themed to 1939. So, I feel like this land is going to be a bit of a hodgepodge with not a completely consistent time frame unless they make a lot of changes.
    No, it's being rethemed to 1930s Hollywood.

CaptainEO,ATIS: Have you ever heard that rumor that Elvis is alive, and well, and owns a bakery in Seattle? Yeah, that's total crap. Now if you where to tell me Michael Jackson was alive, and well, and owns a MiceChat account in Las Vegas, that I would believe!

• Banned User

Monster's doesn't belong in Tomorrowland. I admit I'm not a fan of this movie, but still it's contemporary, it doesn't fit. Philharmagic doesn't fit Fantasyland either really. Toon Town would be the best fit if they had room, but Hollywood could do it too.

... Pixar should at least limit its placement of attractions to their hit movies.
    Monsters Inc was a hit. $525 million worldwide sounds like a hit to me.

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

Monster's doesn't belong in Tomorrowland. I admit I'm not a fan of this movie, but still it's contemporary, it doesn't fit. Philharmagic doesn't fit Fantasyland either really. Toon Town would be the best fit if they had room, but Hollywood could do it too.
    I know Monsters doesn't fit in Tomorrowland, but it doesn't fit anywhere else either, so I just put it in Tomorrowland since that's where Comedy Club and Ride N Go Seek are at Florida and Tokyo. I believe that PhilharMagic fits in Fantasyland very well. Donald looses Mickey's Magic Hat and has to find it by traveling through Disney Movies - Beauty and the Beast, Fantasia, The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, Peter Pan, and Aladdin. Most of those movies belong in Fantasyland. I don't believe PhilharMagic fits in Hollywood Land since it's themed to 1930s Hollywood, when all the movies in PhilharMagic were made in the 1940+.

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Make the exterior look like a 1920's taxi cab manufacturing plant (with hints of monsters inc. building blended in). There would be a door (with a little red bulb above) to show you that you are entering the Monstropolis Taxi Cab manufacturing co. Make the whole entire que into one like Roger Rabbit and show characters in the que from the movie that didn't make it into the ride (George, Ted etc.) building and working on the cabs you are going to ride in.

Enter the terminal with an actual monster working in the ticket booth and ta-da.

An ugly, horrible description of my idea.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast