Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Where can premium AP members park for free?

I noticed on the Disneyland website that it specifically mentions Mickey and Friends parking structure but then it also mentions that you can park for free at any other pay-at-entry parking area. Does anybody know if this includes the Pumbaa parking lot as it appears to be the closest to the main gate? Thanks.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Re: Where can premium AP members park for free?

Pumbaa is not always open. The Toy story lot is father away but the trams taking you to the park are quick and easy. Best of luck.

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by halfmonkey View Post
    I noticed on the Disneyland website that it specifically mentions Mickey and Friends parking structure but then it also mentions that you can park for free at any other pay-at-entry parking area. Does anybody know if this includes the Pumbaa parking lot as it appears to be the closest to the main gate? Thanks.
    Driving Directions | Disneyland Resort

From that site:
    " Upon arrival, Disneyland Cast Members will direct you to a parking location. Depending on availability, you may be redirected to an alternate Disneyland Resort parking facility.
    Learn more about parking information and transportation to and around the Disneyland Resort. "

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disn...UngatedFAQPage
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Disney is home

One place I will tell you where an AP can't park for free, is the Downtown Disney Parking lot. Of course Downtown Disney visitors can park for free for the first 3 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by DLFreak71 View Post
    Driving Directions | Disneyland Resort

From that site:
    " Upon arrival, Disneyland Cast Members will direct you to a parking location. Depending on availability, you may be redirected to an alternate Disneyland Resort parking facility.
    Learn more about parking information and transportation to and around the Disneyland Resort. "

Disneyland&reg - Annual Passholder FAQ
    I saw that already. That's why I'm asking the question.

• DLR Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by halfmonkey View Post

Passholders are generally always granted access to Mickey and Friends. When other lots are open, AP's are usually permitted to park there, but it is not guaranteed. For example: if Pumbaa is open, but the park is expecting the lot to be at or near capacity, it is likely that an AP will be turned away from the entrance, and redirected to M&F.

Quote Originally Posted by RiversOfAmerica View Post
    Passholders are generally always granted access to Mickey and Friends. When other lots are open, AP's are usually permitted to park there, but it is not guaranteed. For example: if Pumbaa is open, but the park is expecting the lot to be at or near capacity, it is likely that an AP will be turned away from the entrance, and redirected to M&F.
    Interesting. Good to know. Thanks for the insight. I think we might try to go again during Martin Luther King weekend on Sunday. Hopefully, the crowds won't be too crazy.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

I hesitate to bring this up because generally the lines are shorter....but we usually get there early and use the alternate entrance to Mickey and Friends off of Magic Way. I think as a rule we usually save about 1/2 an hour and buzz right through with only one or two cars in front of us. No one has ever given us any grief about parking in Mickey and Friends.

• DLR Cast Member

If the Magic Way entrance is open, then all are welcome to use it. But honestly, it depends on the direction you're coming from. If you're heading south, the main entrance is usually faster than Magic Way. Also, the Magic Way entrance is only open certain times and on certain days. You won't know it's open until you get there. Having done bother numerous times, Magic Way gives the illusion of being faster, but isn't necessarily. It just depends. I myself wouldn't suggest that anyone seek it out for its own sake.

• California Adventurer...

On the topic of AP's and parking, someone I know has free parking with their AP, but they aren't coming with me next time. Can I still use their pass for free parking? I know you are SUPPOSED to have the person in the car, but how closely do they check? Not meant to break rules, just dont want to pay the $15

Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    On the topic of AP's and parking, someone I know has free parking with their AP, but they aren't coming with me next time. Can I still use their pass for free parking? I know you are SUPPOSED to have the person in the car, but how closely do they check? Not meant to break rules, just dont want to pay the $15
    We were there on Tuesday, having parked at Mickey and Friends and I can say that the guy turned the pass over and looked at the picture and then looked at me so I would say they do check.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    Is there something not contradictory about this post that makes sense?

I've always seen them look at the picture on my AP AND at me before letting me in the parking garage. And I'm sure you wouldn't want to risk having your friends Premium AP confiscated, by you using it, if they weren't with you in your car.

Ap's with parking AND a pass that is not blocked out, can park at any parking lot that is open except the downtown Disney parking lot. it doesn't matter if the park is near capacity.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

If the Magic Way entrance is open, then all are welcome to use it. But honestly, it depends on the direction you're coming from. If you're heading south, the main entrance is usually faster than Magic Way. Also, the Magic Way entrance is only open certain times and on certain days. You won't know it's open until you get there. Having done bother numerous times, Magic Way gives the illusion of being faster, but isn't necessarily. It just depends. I myself wouldn't suggest that anyone seek it out for its own sake.
    Good point here. It really only works well coming up from Ball Rd. If you're coming the other way, it can be reeeeeally bad.

• Circle of Ancients

This is not true ... AP's can park in any open lot whether it's M&F, Pumbaa or Toy Story. Even in the last AP newsletter there was a note in there to "Try out the new Toy Story lot".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast