Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Armchair Imagineer-er.

Goofy's Sky School, you aren't needed here.

Well, this isn't a very in depth or detailed idea, but it's really all i have in mind for this right now.

Let me know what you think! It would be two stories and basically fill the space taken by GSS.

Please throw in some ideas!

Dark ride?

Trackless?

Add a loop? :P

The bottom line is that GSS really dose not fit with the theme of a turn of the century sea-side amusement park.
    @Monorailorange

•   
    • Dept. 41 and Club 55

Re: Goofy's Sky School, you aren't needed here.

You are forgetting that all things flying was huge in the first part of the 20th century. The Wright Brothers, Charles Lindberg, the Zeppelins, were big news. The Sky School concept fits right in.

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

I don't know, I'm not a big fan of Fun Houses so before I can say anything I would like to learn more about it.

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    CaptainEO,ATIS: Have you ever heard that rumor that Elvis is alive, and well, and owns a bakery in Seattle? Yeah, that's total crap. Now if you where to tell me Michael Jackson was alive, and well, and owns a MiceChat account in Las Vegas, that I would believe!

• Senior Minion

I think a fun house attraction could be a good fit for that location. But I completely understand why they'd try to keep it GSS around for a while. DCA needs the capacity it adds, and it's fairly popular and already there. Until funds are available for something great, this is a reasonable short term solution.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Closed Account

So... it's a Funhouse.

That's it? What makes this a Funhouse that is specific to a 'turn of the century sea-side amusement park'?

Let me ask you this - how does a New Orleans Mansion sit next to a whimsical mountain with a waterfall?

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Ummmmm, No View Post
    Let me ask you this - how does a New Orleans Mansion sit next to a whimsical mountain with a waterfall?
    Wrong question.

The question is, why was a toon-based fantasy attraction put between New Orleans Square and the North American woods, a talking toon fish put in Tomorrowland, and a talking toon puppet toy put in Frontierland?

Answer: because nobody at Disney cares or understands enough about theming to say "no" to Marketing and Consumer Products. Neither, apparently, do the vast majority of customers who jam the gates. So why should the rules that apply to Armchair Imagineers be any different?
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

I'm all for a "haunted funhouse" ride be kinda unique don't see to many of those types of rides any where. Maybe make it interactive like the Monsters Inc ride in Tokyo.

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    Wrong question.

The question is, why was a toon-based fantasy attraction put between New Orleans Square and the North American woods, a talking toon fish put in Tomorrowland, and a talking toon puppet toy put in Frontierland?

Answer: because nobody at Disney cares or understands enough about theming to say "no" to Marketing and Consumer Products. Neither, apparently, do the vast majority of customers who jam the gates. So why should the rules that apply to Armchair Imagineers be any different?
    Hahahaha.

Wow! Are you misinformed or what!

Neither Marketing or CP initiated that creation or development for any of those attractions. If you have an issue with their placement (and clearly, you do!) take it up with the various Imagineers involved.

I know you like to make everyone on here think Marketing runs the show, but it's just plain not true.

• Armchair Imagineer-er.

Quote Originally Posted by Sosai X View Post
    You are forgetting that all things flying was huge in the first part of the 20th century. The Wright Brothers, Charles Lindberg, the Zeppelins, were big news. The Sky School concept fits right in.
    It's just so geared to aviation it seems as if it would fit in Condor Flats.

Ummm, no:

I see what you are saying. I feel that that side of the pier should be dedicated to the silly symphony characters of that time period, so showcasing unknown, or unused characters in the parks like, horrace horse collar (ect. ect.) in the Fun house would make it more specific to a turn of the century sea side amusement park and the area around it.
    Last edited by Monorailorange33; 12-31-2010 at 09:33 AM.
    @Monorailorange

A Funhouse would be GREAT to see and do again, but there would be very little chance of Disney lawyers allowing such a thing to be built. Some of the gags that were used in Funhouses of years past could be conceived as dangerous now.

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by Monorailorange33 View Post
    The bottom line is that GSS really dose not fit with the theme of a turn of the century sea-side amusement park.
    Why not? Hast thou forgotten Kitty Hawk, NC? Well, Kill Devil Hills, NC actually. December 13, 1903... two brothers from Dayton, OH make the first successful powered flight in history. The Wright Brothers chose this site on the sand dunes by the sea on the outer banks of North Carolina for its consistent winds. Sea breezes are very consistent and provided ideal locations for flight testing in the early days of flight. Goofy's Sky Skool fits the Paradise Bay time period perfectly. As human flight was such a big deal in those early days, why not have it at the local amusement park? It makes sense, fits the them, location and time period. I see no problems here at all. In fact, this fits the theme better than just about anything else.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

I'd rather see the empty Maliboomer slot filled before I see more one for one exchanges like Goofy's Sky School. I don't mind if that coaster stays for another 10 years if it can match the eatery area around it at least color scheme wise.
    "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by Jspider View Post
    I'd rather see the empty Maliboomer slot filled before I see more one for one exchanges like Goofy's Sky School. I don't mind if that coaster stays for another 10 years if it can match the eatery area around it at least color scheme wise.
    The issue here is that the removal of the Maliboomer was part of the makeover to help with theme, but a new use for the pad was not. I'm sure they have plans for it, but they are working their way through the various stages of the approval process.

MM/GSS needed to either go or have a theme change as well. Removing it drops capacity and right now that's a bad thing, so it made more sense to do a theme change. I'm sure it will match surrounding color schemes and blend very well into the general pier area. They have barely begun on it and really haven't done anything in earnest yet. Patience. All will be well.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Ummmmm, No View Post
    I know you like to make everyone on here think Marketing runs the show, but it's just plain not true.
    Riiiiight -- it wasn't Consumer Products that overrode John's shutdown of the Tinker Bell Movie, nor did they make him shill it in that gushing promotional video. And of course, CP didn't have anything to do with the greenlighting of Carsland.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by Monorailorange33 View Post
    It's just so geared to aviation it seems as if it would fit in Condor Flats.

Ummm, no:

I see what you are saying. I feel that that side of the pier should be dedicated to the silly symphony characters of that time period, so showcasing unknown, or unused characters in the parks like, horrace horse collar (ect. ect.) in the Fun house would make it more specific to a turn of the century sea side amusement park and the area around it.
    And that would be a great direction to go on - but, why use characters children and young adults won't recognize?

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast