• Nerd

Starting at 10:30 am Disneyland will have limited access today - Special offer

Disneyland will be going to a limited access mode at 10:30 this morning. They will be offering a ticket to California Adventure with the ability to return in January and go to Disneyland on a different day.

If you are planning on going to the park today - be aware that it is extremely busy already and you may have difficulty later in the day even buying a ticket to DL.

Many who come to the booths to buy tickets complain that Disney isn't posting up to the minute info such as this on their web site. Does anyone know if Disney twitters any live action game changing info for guests?
    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

• Warm Hugging Anna

Re: Starting at 10:30 am Disneyland will have limited access today - Special offer

Lets put it this way Disneyland side will be close the rest of the week. I was there on Monday for a little bit got there at 4pm and they had close Disneyland and so I see that it may be close for the rest of the week and who knows maybe next week as well.

• Disney is home

Re: Starting at 10:30 am Disneyland will have limited access today - Special offer

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Hook View Post
    Lets put it this way Disneyland side will be close the rest of the week. I was there on Monday for a little bit got there at 4pm and they had close Disneyland and so I see that it may be close for the rest of the week and who knows maybe next week as well.
    Things tend to slow down starting tomorrow. While there is the possibility of Disneyland selling out tomorrow, the usual trend for New Years day isn't as busy as Dec 26-31st are. I don't expect Disneyland to be as busy as the rest of this week was. Sunday, will probably be busier than Saturday mainly because Cast Members can sign friends and family in again.

• What do u mean u people?

Quote Originally Posted by CMHusband View Post

Many who come to the booths to buy tickets complain that Disney isn't posting up to the minute info such as this on their web site. Does anyone know if Disney twitters any live action game changing info for guests?
    DL had on their Twitter page around 10am this morning that access was limited to Disneyland Park due to holiday attendance. They had that earlier in the week too on the high days. They wont post such information on the actual park website, as it's much easier, and faster, to communicate through the social media outlets.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • has a brand new mindset

Disneyland does have a twitter account and will put out information like that. Also good to follow on Twitter is Dateline Disney - and MiceChat, of course - for quality updates.
    I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you’d meet a kid,
    then 10 seconds later you’d be playing like you were best friends?"

• Disney is home

Quote Originally Posted by tinkermonkey View Post
    Disneyland does have a twitter account and will put out information like that. Also good to follow on Twitter is Dateline Disney - and MiceChat, of course - for quality updates.
    The quality part made me laughed.

• Minion

I just found a video on abc7 news
    In the beginning of the video the PeopleMover is mentioned
    SoCal theme parks experiencing Holiday boom | abc7.com

• ---------------

Quote Originally Posted by Donald1980 View Post
    Things tend to slow down starting tomorrow. While there is the possibility of Disneyland selling out tomorrow, the usual trend for New Years day isn't as busy as Dec 26-31st are. I don't expect Disneyland to be as busy as the rest of this week was. Sunday, will probably be busier than Saturday mainly because Cast Members can sign friends and family in again.

I think Sunday might be a little bit busier (not sold out) also for the fact that it's officially (by Disney's Calendar/website) the last day of Christmas time at the "Resort". HM fans will also want to ride the holiday version before it goes down for holiday removal.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• ---------------

Quote Originally Posted by Djov2 View Post
    DL had on their Twitter page around 10am this morning that access was limited to Disneyland Park due to holiday attendance. They had that earlier in the week too on the high days. They wont post such information on the actual park website, as it's much easier, and faster, to communicate through the social media outlets.
    You'd think the might put a link on the ticket page (or something similar) letting people know there is a site that has up to date info on ticket sale
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• What do u mean u people?

Well they don't want to "entirely" prevent you from coming to the resort. In their mind, there is still lots to do and see on DTD and around the hotels. Even though the park is restricting admission, and everyone else is saying stay away, Disney is the last voice that will be telling you to stay away.

• ---------------

Well they don't want to "entirely" prevent you from coming to the resort. In their mind, there is still lots to do and see on DTD and around the hotels. Even though the park is restricting admission, and everyone else is saying stay away, Disney is the last voice that will be telling you to stay away.
    I see your point and agree Disney wouldn't want to turn away business.
    However,
    on the flip side
    I wouldn't want to be that CM who has to deal with people saying: "What do you mean I can't buy tickets? What do you mean your sold out? My family came XXX miles to enjoy NYE in the park. What do you mean I should have checked the twitter account if I wanted know the information". The exec's don't have to hear it, it's the poor CM who's been paid peanuts who has to take the brunt of the anger from people.
    Quote by Al:
    -Al Lutz

• Nerd

The goal is to divert to California Adventure. For $76 bucks you could buy that ticket and come back to Disneyland another day in January. Not a bad deal as long as you didn't have your heart set on DL for that day.
    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

• Disney is home

Quote Originally Posted by CMHusband View Post
    The goal is to divert to California Adventure. For $76 bucks you could buy that ticket and come back to Disneyland another day in January. Not a bad deal as long as you didn't have your heart set on DL for that day.

In other words, a 2fer ticket during a non-2fer season.

• AKA: Indyiluvu

DCA > DL for NYE
    FIRST DLR TRIP - 1981

FIRST DLP TRIP - March 1997

FIRST WDW TRIP - May/June 2006

FIRST HKDL TRIP - 2016?

FIRST TDLR TRIP - 2017?

FIRST SHDL TRIP - 2019?