Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

• Future Indy Castmember

Re: Amazing New Years Eve Countdown shows at Disneyland and California Adventure

Quote Originally Posted by Flickering Bulb View Post
    Kesha's an idiot, but i'd rather listen to Tik Tok in the countdown track than Bieber... ugh... *shudders*
    Same here. Espicially since I love Tik Tok. That song is catchy.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

Re: Amazing New Years Eve Countdown shows at Disneyland and California Adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Forbidden Eye View Post
    Same here. Espicially since I love Tik Tok. That song is catchy.
    Same.

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    CaptainEO,ATIS: Have you ever heard that rumor that Elvis is alive, and well, and owns a bakery in Seattle? Yeah, that's total crap. Now if you where to tell me Michael Jackson was alive, and well, and owns a MiceChat account in Las Vegas, that I would believe!

• LOL!!!!!!! (MC teen joke)

Re: Amazing New Years Eve Countdown shows at Disneyland and California Adventure (Mer

I was just watching that new HD video posted. And I was wondering if anyone else noticed the fact that ALL the fire on the WOC platform looked to be...well....working. lol
    The Original Teen Scene of MiceChat:
    fangalicious44 padgerfan monorailorange33 SS77 A113 animekiti4christ DapperJoshua Performerinwaiting MainStreetJake dmtnt55 MikeSkellington
    JungleCruiseFan Ckelef1 Incrediboy The Disneylander GummiBearsRock iskategoofy *disneyprincess* stevo505 Dragonfire Colorized DisneyLove littleactressann Kritter

• Future Indy Castmember

Re: Amazing New Years Eve Countdown shows at Disneyland and California Adventure (Mer

Quote Originally Posted by SS77 View Post
    I was just watching that new HD video posted. And I was wondering if anyone else noticed the fact that ALL the fire on the WOC platform looked to be...well....working. lol
    It appeared it was. It was working very well in Hellfire and the finale. Chernabog will still need some work done.

BTW are you referring to my video? lol

Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum

The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.

Yeah. Haha. I just said "that HD video" because I wasn't sure if I found it in this thread or another one. lol Great video though. I think its the best one out there right now.
    fangalicious44 padgerfan monorailorange33 SS77 A113 animekiti4christ DapperJoshua Performerinwaiting MainStreetJake dmtnt55 MikeSkellington
    JungleCruiseFan Ckelef1 Incrediboy The Disneylander GummiBearsRock iskategoofy *disneyprincess* stevo505 Dragonfire Colorized DisneyLove littleactressann Kritter

Finally I got my video uploaded. After some complications with my internet connections, I finally got it in.

This is in HD as well! Enjoy!

YouTube - New Years Eve Disney California Adventure (Paradise Bay)
    This video is the best! Thank you for posting it.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by disneyland55 View Post
    This video is the best! Thank you for posting it.
    Surely the best one yet, and I still heard a lot boo's when Justin Beiber song arrived from that vantage point, lol

I came across this video...

• Cars Land Rocks!

The new HD videos look great. Glad to see they are making DCA a place to want to go.

On a side note, I had to do some work at Universal on New Year's Eve. I saw they were charging $40 per car to park there. Luckily I didn't have to pay to park. Did Disney change their parking for New Year's Eve?
    Last edited by OC2Epcot; 01-02-2011 at 05:06 PM.

I think Disneyland need to renew there countdown and dynamics (Sleeping Beauty Castle) this year was the same thing and one of the Hosts (His name was OSCAR) that talked "spanglish" was TERRIBLE people in my area were like "boo" get him of the stage! His spanish was terrible. The DJ totally needs a new playlist and learn how to mix because he also didn't do a great job.

• Future Indy Castmember

[QUOTE=JMora;1056378241]Surely the best one yet, and I still heard a lot boo's when Justin Beiber song arrived from that vantage point, lol

QUOTE]

Did you hear me say "shoot me now" when that part came? LOL

Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by splash_mtn View Post
    I think Disneyland need to renew there countdown and dynamics (Sleeping Beauty Castle) this year was the same thing and one of the Hosts (His name was OSCAR) that talked "spanglish" was TERRIBLE people in my area were like "boo" get him of the stage! His spanish was terrible. The DJ totally needs a new playlist and learn how to mix because he also didn't do a great job.
    While there wasn't as strong of a reaction over in the area of the hub that I was in, I could tell that a lot of people were really getting irritated the third or fourth time that the Univision host came out to the point that a few nasty comments were being shouted out here and there. The master of ceremonies announced the DJ as being "World Famous" and I began anticipating some big name DJ like Tiesto or Mix Master Mike but unfortunately it was just some Dave Coulier lookalike with a macbook splicing tunes together with some somewhat decent beatmatching techniques.

Overall, despite the Univision takeover, cheesy wedding singer DJ, and numerous groups of people trying to encroach on other people's hard-earned camping spots the countdown at the castle was still as magical and as classy as it has always been in past years.

If the resort handed out comment cards after their NYE events I would suggest that for 2012 they scale back the amount of media coverage (regardless of the network covering it) to a more discreet and tasteful level, they incorporate some big name entertainment even if it means using only Disney Channel stars, and just have a better overall managing of the theme of the show itself as it unfolds throughout the night.

The DCA Pyro Show typically reuses the soundtrack used during that year's "Grad Nite Explosion!" show. This year followed suit.

• Goofy

i love univision. i wish i was there. i hope univision is there its so awesome for them to be there and i hope they do it again next year.

Did you hear me say "shoot me now" when that part came? LOL
    lol That was you?
    Quote Originally Posted by mrfantasmic View Post
    The DCA Pyro Show typically reuses the soundtrack used during that year's "Grad Nite Explosion!" show. This year followed suit.
    At first I thought it was the same exact soundtrack but it turns out that there are a few differences. Back in 2010 when the Grad Nites were going on I watched the shows on youtube a lot of times because it made me excited to finally be a senior. But thats not till 2012. Anyways, two out of many differences are the fact that there is no "Uprising" by Muse and the "ra ra ra ah ah ah....." intro from Lady Gaga's "Bad Romance" didn't play.

• Lightspeed to Endor!

So, here's the deal...

Disneyland fell short this year NOT because of the fireworks, but from the lack of lighting effects and the very limited design. In past years, the castle has been a wonder to look at during the party, and Tomorrowland Countdown Control would give periodic timing updates. Plus, there would be performers singing the song, "A Brand New Day" right before the countdown.

The Show however, was just as amazing as ever, and the confetti at the end gave it a wonderful touch. There is no fireworks display that matches the one on New Year's Eve, and looking at DCA's video, I think it's cool, and it's new, and it's creative, but in no way does it match the sparkle of Disneyland's.

DCA win for creativity, Disneyland win for overall dazzle and performance.

Disneyland's guests went crazy this year at the finale and it was just perfect. Though Fountains and Fireworks looked cool as well and fits with the DCA younger generation theme, it just doesn't have that extra special quality.

Disneyland needs to be careful, and step up the quality of its party performance.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast