Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

• I love my family!

Re: Amazing New Years Eve Countdown shows at Disneyland and California Adventure (Mer

We sat infront of TSMM right next to the turkey leg hut so we were able to see all three shows which was an incredible experience.

The DL fireworks were incredible, the finale went on forever, in direct contrast the backlots fireworks didn't last long, there was no "show" just the midnight launches that lasted a short time.

But, the WoC show was awesome! Should have started sooner, having the DJ come out with 10 min to go was a little akward, so although not perfect it was trully a experience with the fountains and fireworks all around us, what a show!

Now two other points, one bad and one good.

I'll start with the bad, I don't know whose idea it was to book the Univision telecast, but I would have preferred that the area in front of the castle would have stayed English first, now I'm not racist in any way, my wife and most of my friends are Hispanic. I was just suprised and taken off guard when it happened, some warning would have been helpfull.

We may have ended up in front of TSMM but we started the day camping out in front of the castle, which we have done before, things just got a little to chaotic in that area this year and we were forced to move our family to a better location.

Finally, a giant thumbs up goes to the tram CM's, we got to the tram stop around 12:30AM and I expected a total mess, but we found was the easiest tram experience EVER! we went from tram stop to car in less than 10 mins. Great job guys you really made the end of our night as easy as possible, thank you!

Overall great night, my son was awake for his first midnight new years celebration(he's 3)And he was treated to an amazing show for staying awake.

If you've never been to the resort for NYE, you should definitly try and be there atleat once, there's nothing like it.

• Minion

Re: Amazing New Years Eve Countdown shows at Disneyland and California Adventure (Mer

Quote Originally Posted by 1313Imagination View Post
    , but from the lack of lighting effects and the very limited design.
    DCA win for creativity, Disneyland win for overall dazzle and performance.
    Disneyland needs to be careful, and step up the quality of its party performance.
    i looked thru youtube and the past had better crazy lighting on the tree. really nice. and nice garlands. YouTube - Main Street USA at Disneyland
    lol lol DL playing the six flags theme song. YouTube - Disneyland New Year's Eve 12.31.08
    and just realized the fireworks got canceled for 2 years in a row. first due to wind n second was just fog.

• Future Indy Castmember

Quote Originally Posted by SS77 View Post
    lol That was you?

At first I thought it was the same exact soundtrack but it turns out that there are a few differences. Back in 2010 when the Grad Nites were going on I watched the shows on youtube a lot of times because it made me excited to finally be a senior. But thats not till 2012. Anyways, two out of many differences are the fact that there is no "Uprising" by Muse and the "ra ra ra ah ah ah....." intro from Lady Gaga's "Bad Romance" didn't play.
    LOL that was me that said it! I didn't think the camera would've picked that up but it did!

Yeah, I reviewed the Grad Nite Explosion 2010 video and it's pretty much similar. Another note is that Tik Tok is reduced as well in the countdown show.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

• I love my family!

Quote Originally Posted by DannyLand View Post
    and just realized the fireworks got canceled for 2 years in a row. first due to wind n second was just fog.
    Actually, they had the fireworks the fogged in year, you could hear them, you just couldn't see them, not even the flashes

The fog was so thick that night, you couldn't see the Matterhorn from in front of the castle.

• Banned User

Dunno if anyone has posted this but it's NYE at the elecTRONica section...

Who's getting bored with same music (CD)? I guessing that Mac is just on playlist "replay?" LOL

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Thank the Lord Sir Didymus and I walked by Grizzly and saw they were still giving out fastpasses for World of Color. lol

• LOL!!!!!!! (MC teen joke)

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdshiftCM View Post
    Actually, they had the fireworks the fogged in year, you could hear them, you just couldn't see them, not even the flashes

The fog was so thick that night, you couldn't see the Matterhorn from in front of the castle.
    I was there for both years. lol Here are two pictures I took on the really foggy New Years Eve. lol

The Original Teen Scene of MiceChat:
    fangalicious44 padgerfan monorailorange33 SS77 A113 animekiti4christ DapperJoshua Performerinwaiting MainStreetJake dmtnt55 MikeSkellington
    JungleCruiseFan Ckelef1 Incrediboy The Disneylander GummiBearsRock iskategoofy *disneyprincess* stevo505 Dragonfire Colorized DisneyLove littleactressann Kritter

• Koubu Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdshiftCM View Post
    Finally, a giant thumbs up goes to the tram CM's, we got to the tram stop around 12:30AM and I expected a total mess, but we found was the easiest tram experience EVER! we went from tram stop to car in less than 10 mins. Great job guys you really made the end of our night as easy as possible, thank you!
    It seems like no one ever gives the tram and parking CMs their due. They gush over Toy Story Lot and its buses (still a smart move by George Kalogridis) but they complain about Mickey and Friends and its trams. People will, of course, mention that the lines for the Mickey and Friends toll booths were long, yet it's not very likely the toll booth CMs are the ones fumbling for change or having a worn out credit/debit card. While my dad's handicap placard means parking in Chip 'n Dale, the CMs who park guests actually park guests pretty fast. And the tram CMs keep people moving. It may not seem that way when the parks are busy. We usually go in the summer. Of course we avoid the trams after the fireworks, but other than that, it seems an empty tram is ready to pull in as a full tram pulls out. The longest wait I've had for a tram is to board the 3rd one to leave. The experience of Mickey and Friends and the trams isn't as bad as some people say it is. The two things you should look out for is if they're using both loading areas on the Downtown Disney side of the tram stop or if they're the loading areas on the opposite side to load trams.

• California Adventurer

Happily inside Disney California Adventure ... or at the nearest theme park I can find.

Here is my video of the COMPLETE 2011 New Year's Eve Countdown Ceremony and Fireworks -- with an upclose-and-center view of Sleeping Beauty Castle.

This video was shot at a prime viewing spot in The Hub: "in between" the Partners statue and Sleeping Beauty Castle. Some friends and I enjoyed a fun day of 16-hours camping out in shifts and socializing with other equally die-hard Disney fans to get this spot on one of the busiest Disneyland days of the year.

In this video, the New Year's Eve "Fantasy in the Sky" Fireworks Spectacular is preceded with appearances by Mickey Mouse wearing a tuxedo, Minnie Mouse dressed in a shiny gown, host Lauren, DJ Clark, 2009-2010 Disneyland Resort Ambassadors Quinn Shurian and Danielle DuBois, and 2011-2012 Disneyland Resort Ambassadors Jolie Hales and René Torrico.

Happy New Year, MiceChatters!

Yes, I do LOVE Disney California Adventure. Disneyland is not so bad either ;-)

• See my photography regularly in MiceChat's "In The Parks" updates, published each Friday.
    • Follow my theme-park adventures on Twitter at http://twitter.com/ThemeParkTimes

• LOL!!!!!!! (MC teen joke)

I have a question. Did anyone manage to take up-close pictures of the pyro barges that were in the bay for New Years Eve?
    The Original Teen Scene of MiceChat:
    fangalicious44 padgerfan monorailorange33 SS77 A113 animekiti4christ DapperJoshua Performerinwaiting MainStreetJake dmtnt55 MikeSkellington
    JungleCruiseFan Ckelef1 Incrediboy The Disneylander GummiBearsRock iskategoofy *disneyprincess* stevo505 Dragonfire Colorized DisneyLove littleactressann Kritter

Personally, I'm back and forth with the DCA music. I like the fact that they used newer and currently popular music, but it was still jarring hearing that anywhere in a Disney theme park, and especially when they've worked so hard for the rethemeing of Paradise Pier.

Anyway, does anyone have or can get the source audio for this show? Or at least piece something together yourself? I love the mix, but the "comments/cheering" (read: booing at Justin Bieber, not that I don't agree, but it bugs me anyway) get in the way. A track list, perhaps at least? Thanks if you're able to help out!
    I don't care if I've only made a handful of posts, I should no longer be a "New Member" after almost three years!

• I love my family!

Here Is a video I took that foggy night, you can see the fireworks off the castle and you can hear the pops from the fireworks but thats all.

It was funny and sad at the same time, we started camping at 11am to get that spot and missed one of the best reasons to be there.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567