Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Amazing New Years Eve Countdown shows at Disneyland and California Adventure (Merged)

We decided to take the less crowded route this year and spend our New Years Eve at California Adventure. It was a really great evening in spite of the cold.

Although California Adventure cut nearly all New Years Eve decorations and special party areas this year, they did put on an AMAZING countdown show on the World of Color lagoon using the fountains and setting up a launch area behind the California Screamin' coaster. Gives you a good idea of just what might be possible with the World of Color technology in the future.

Of course, my iPhone gave out before the show did, so the last minute including the finale were lost, but you get the idea of what a great show this was.

They did some fireworks in the Hollywood section too for the ElecTRONica folks, but I don't have video of that yet (post yours here if you captured it).

MiceChatter, James Uvence, posted a great video of the Disneyland fireworks.

So, what do you think folks? Which park had the better countdown show?

Happy New Year everyone!!!!

-Dusty
    Last edited by Dustysage; 01-01-2011 at 11:29 AM.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Future Indy Castmember

Re: Amazing New Years Eve Countdown shows at Disneyland and California Adventure

I'm uploading my countdown video from Paradise Bay.

I'll say that DCA had the better countdown show with the one they did at Paradise Bay. To use WoC fountains and fireworks? Genius!

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

• Minion

Re: Amazing New Years Eve Countdown shows at Disneyland and California Adventure

i say DCA had a better count if i had to choose to be at one of the two it would be DCA

It's a music Celebration
    Come on, come on, come on
    Strike up the band,
    Feel the beat, what a great sensation
    Come on, come on, come on
    Move and clap your hands,
    Get into the Spirit
    Let everyone hear it,
    So come on, come on

• I'm not really here

If I were choosing one to go to, I'd go DCA. That was incredible looking. Mixing fireworks with the WoC infrastructure was genius. Looks like it was an amazing show.

Thanks for the video Dusty.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• DCA FTW!

Was at DCA last night, one great show, needed a better countdown tho, whats up with them being a minute behind? o.0

The Disneyland video posted, what happened to the video screens they had setup this year in that video? I was there around 9 and saw video screens, two of them, on left and right. Those towers with the mickey balloons weren't there, did those just show up? If not I think that vid is old.
    Everybody's got a laughin' place-
    trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it.

Well of course since this year was DCA's first year at Paradise Lagoon, id say DCA. I love the background music, more of a dance party and all in where Disneyland keeps it traditional and all. DCA is and was trying to attract the younger guests and older guests. And they did a swell job id say. All I have to say is the Walt Disney World Resort can compare to or Disneyland Resort here in Anahiem! Great video Dusty and myself! Happy New Year!!

• keh!

i'm gonna say that the best show was definitely at DCA. i was there and it was incredible what they did with the countdown. great job, disney!

DCA had an amazing show! I think they did an awesome job for there first time doing it in the lagoon area! tell you it beats WDW. and the disneyland video is old, there celebration is the same as every year.

looks awsome i could not o but they had the whole party for both parks live on one of the Spanish channels from 9pm till after midnight.

I was actually surprised that they showed the countdowns for several countries and loved it that they concentrated on Anaheim this year.

• Fireworks Finatic!

Was at DCA as well, had no idea they'd do that much pyro form behind the coaster. Just thought it'd be from the extra little platforms that were floating in the bay. Even the pyro from ElecTRONical was pretty cool. Had a lot going off over there. Must explain whey they really did not have much else going on in the Park. Budget went to pyro! Not a bad thing!

Talking World of color on crack!!!

First of all happy new year!!!! Thought I would just share this with you ..And question do you guys think this is the future of world of color? Would you like to see world of color add fireworks?

http://www.youtube.com/DreamImagineCreate

Home of Miniature Disneyland

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Re: World of color on crack!!!

As wonderful as that would be, I think Anaheim would have a problem with the additional noise and pollution.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Banned User

This was great for a one time. But I think large part of WOC's elegance is its foundational substance of WATER. For NY, sure. Go for it. Same with the club music, which was a lot of fun, but at the end of the day, the beauty and emotion of the show remains in the original form.

• Addicted to MC since '08

Hey OP, could you post the YouTube link to the video? I'm on an iPhone 4 but the embedded video doesn't show up.

Thanks!

• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

Here's the Hollywood Firework scene from Esplanade that I recorded. The Electronica firework scene is on the right side of the screen so intense starting at 16 seconds into the video.

My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast