• California Adventurer...

Handicapped Parking?

Is there a specific place for handicapped parking at Disneyland in Mickey & Friends or somewhere else? Does it still cost the same? Thanks!

Re: Handicapped Parking?

All parking lots have handicapped parking. Trams from M&F and buses from Toy Story can accommodate wheelchairs and electric vehicles. In M & F you can park in Chip & Dale or near the elevators on any other level. Just show your handicapped placard to the parking attendant. I believe that the price is the same

The price is the same. Handicap parking in Mickey and Friends is on the 1st floor right next to the tram stop.

• ---------------

Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Nerd

All parking lots have handicapped. When you pull in, make sure the attendant knows you have a placard - they will put a little yellow slip of paper on your windshield that tells the other parking attendants to direct you to handicapped area.
    BEST Handicapped parking is at Toy Story lot - closest to buses and easiest to get on and off.
    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

• Warm Hugging Anna

When my family gose to Disney we always go in the Mickey and friends and we tell them that we have wheelchairs. They always try and get up to park on Chip and Dale but it is always fill up tell them you rather go up the floor to Mickey or Goofy or what ever they have open. It seems though when we go up we always get Goofy the most out of the other 4 floors. And we usely get to the park around 11am.

Just a warning for anybody that wants to use the handicapped spaces in the M&F structure: Right after you pass the toll booths for the structure, the parking lot workers will direct you to the left (near the tram station) the problem is that there are only about 100 handicap spots available on the first level, so when they direct you over there and there is no spots available...THERE IS NO WAY TO GET BACK TO THE STRUCTURE IF YOU CAN'T FIND A SPOT. You just drive around and around the same 3 rows of spots, or you can exit. Those are your only choices.

The workers just direct everybody with a handicap pass to the same area not knowing if any spaces are available. When you find out there isn't, you cannot drive back into the main structure to find another space. The way they have it laid out, you have to exit the structure, go down the street, and find a way to turn around and enter the structure again.

What I end up doing is driving in reverse and hoping that I don't get boxed in by anybody driving into that area of the parking structure. I back all the way up the wrong way so that I can try to park towards the back in the non-handicapped area. It will be frustrating, but you will have to drive against traffic if you want any chance of parking there. The traffic flow of that area is seriously screwed and I'm not sure why they haven't fixed it. The first couple of times I thought that maybe I just missed a turn somewhere, but I verified last week that they made a huge mistake in the layout. Good luck to all that try to park there.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by CMHusband View Post
    BEST Handicapped parking is at Toy Story lot - closest to buses and easiest to get on and off.
    Especially if you need to rent a wheelchair or ECV since the TS lot bus drop off is a few feet away compared to all the way on the other side of the esplanade where the M&F tram drops off.

• Warm Hugging Anna

Quote Originally Posted by jerry_13 View Post
    Just a warning for anybody that wants to use the handicapped spaces in the M&F structure: Right after you pass the toll booths for the structure, the parking lot workers will direct you to the left (near the tram station) the problem is that there are only about 100 handicap spots available on the first level, so when they direct you over there and there is no spots available...THERE IS NO WAY TO GET BACK TO THE STRUCTURE IF YOU CAN'T FIND A SPOT. You just drive around and around the same 3 rows of spots, or you can exit. Those are your only choices.

The workers just direct everybody with a handicap pass to the same area not knowing if any spaces are available. When you find out there isn't, you cannot drive back into the main structure to find another space. The way they have it laid out, you have to exit the structure, go down the street, and find a way to turn around and enter the structure again.

What I end up doing is driving in reverse and hoping that I don't get boxed in by anybody driving into that area of the parking structure. I back all the way up the wrong way so that I can try to park towards the back in the non-handicapped area. It will be frustrating, but you will have to drive against traffic if you want any chance of parking there. The traffic flow of that area is seriously screwed and I'm not sure why they haven't fixed it. The first couple of times I thought that maybe I just missed a turn somewhere, but I verified last week that they made a huge mistake in the layout. Good luck to all that try to park there.
    That is why when we go we always point to the CM that we want to go up cause we know that Chip & Dale handicap parking spots will be full. So we tell them we want up.

• ******** Gold Member

The Toy Story parking lot was recommended by a cast member and worked Great for my brother. Disabled parking is a very short distance from shuttle buses that then deliver & pick up closest to park entrances.