World of Color... RAIN?

Will WOC still go on if it is raining?!?!? We are going tomorrow and I'm really excited to see it. I really hope they don't close it!! :/

• Closed Account

Re: World of Color... RAIN?

There have been numerous threads on this. Several in the past weeks.

But, to answer your question - no, it is not cancelled because of rain. It is a water show.

I'm sorry, I'm new to this website!!

• LOL!!!!!!! (MC teen joke)

Like its been said, WOC will not be cancelled but on a different topic, WELCOME TO MICECHAT!!!
    The Original Teen Scene of MiceChat:
    fangalicious44 padgerfan monorailorange33 SS77 A113 animekiti4christ DapperJoshua Performerinwaiting MainStreetJake dmtnt55 MikeSkellington
    JungleCruiseFan Ckelef1 Incrediboy The Disneylander GummiBearsRock iskategoofy *disneyprincess* stevo505 Dragonfire Colorized DisneyLove littleactressann Kritter

Thank you!!!!!

• Knight that says Nee!!

Welcome to Micechat! Rain wont stop WoC or even the fireworks usually unless high winds accompany the rain. Have fun!

• Banned User

This doesn't mean, however that low crowds BECAUSE of the rain won't call for later shows to be cancelled because enough people don't wanna watch in the rain. Best to plan on seeing the 1st show.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
    This doesn't mean, however that low crowds BECAUSE of the rain won't call for later shows to be cancelled because enough people don't wanna watch in the rain. Best to plan on seeing the 1st show.
    that's extremely weird.
    I went to DL in 09 during an earthquake at night. all the rides closed down and everyone was leaving the park since everything was shut down for the night. But they still showed their fireworks.

Quote Originally Posted by DannyLand View Post
    that's extremely weird.
    I went to DL in 09 during an earthquake at night. all the rides closed down and everyone was leaving the park since everything was shut down for the night. But they still showed their fireworks.
    Fireworks are different than WOC. Fireworks, once loaded, have to be shot. They cannot be reused. WOC is a canned show that doesn't have to be run. That's why, even if Fantasmic gets cancelled, they have to shoot the pyro load...even if it's after park clears.

• Workin to live,lovin life

I was gonna ask about Fantasmic! today too. What usually causes that show to be cancelled besides Thunder and Lightning?

• Minion

they oly cancel world of color if it had high wids and thunder lighting and but rain woldt cancel the show
    I have a problem with dyslexia, but if you will please bear with me, I would love to participate in the conversations here at MiceChat. Thanks for your understanding! - Matthttp://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo[URL=http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDisneylandfan4ever?feature=mhumfeature=mhum#p/u"]http://www.youtube.com/user/matt4mickey123?feature=mhum#p/u[/U- Mattșoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șo[disneyland repctive of the wedsday show dca eathen brithday 282 by mickeyfan4ever1234, on Flickr

• Not a Minion

Quote Originally Posted by VL1000 View Post
    Fireworks are different than WOC. Fireworks, once loaded, have to be shot. They cannot be reused. WOC is a canned show that doesn't have to be run. That's why, even if Fantasmic gets cancelled, they have to shoot the pyro load...even if it's after park clears.
    In the event fireworks gets cancelled midshow, they still fire off the remaining shells when winds die down after park closes?

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by ryanvalle View Post
    In the event fireworks gets cancelled midshow, they still fire off the remaining shells when winds die down after park closes?
    No that does not happen.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Ummmmm, No View Post
    There have been numerous threads on this. Several in the past weeks.

But, to answer your question - no, it is not cancelled because of rain. It is a water show.
    It's not just a water show.
    World of Color is a new nighttime show at Disney California Adventure, part of the Disneyland Resort in Anaheim, California. The entire show cost $75,000,000 USD to design, manufacture and build, premiering on Friday June 11, 2010 as part of "Summer Nightastic!". Designed by Walt Disney Creative Entertainment, the show has more than 1,200 fountains and includes lights, water, fire, fog, and lasers, with high-definition projections on mist screens.
    World of Color - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Wouldn't want you correcting anyone with incomplete information. You're welcome.

• Mischievous Mouse

Originally Posted by ryanvalle

Quote Originally Posted by Ummmmm, No View Post
    No that does not happen.
    I've never heard of that.. why couldn't they used the "loaded FW" the very next day? Do they go stale that quick?

?

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney