Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

A photo of the new Splash Mountain Logs

The new logs are totally new and redisgned, holds 6 or 7 people, and has a pull up seat in the back to allow wheelchair access...

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/...17174254/Large

There are also other photos of the logs...
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Disneyland Freak

Whats with all the trees at the end of the update?
    Joey AKA "dlfreak"
    www.mouseinfo.com

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive.
    If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
    Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

Create your own Virtual pet today!

• Banned User

what do you mean by "Pull up seat"?

• wasting time

Give him a break. He was probably drunk by then.

:devil:

J/K

• Disneyland Freak

I'm guessing the rear seat rises up to queue level for easier loading/unloading?
    Joey AKA "dlfreak"
    www.mouseinfo.com

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive.
    If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
    Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

Create your own Virtual pet today!

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dlfreak
    Whats with all the trees at the end of the update?
    That is a look at the Jungle Cruise, it is hard to make out, but the water is drained, and you can see that the water is only about 3 or 4 foot deep normally.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• OM NOM NOM

And what was the random pic of the TL skyway station? Some new activity back there? Perhaps? Maybe? Please?
    Make something Idiot-Proof, and someone will build a better Idiot.

• All you need is LOVE

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer
    The new logs are totally new and redisgned, holds 6 or 7 people, and has a pull up seat in the back to allow wheelchair access...

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/...17174254/Large

There are also other photos of the logs...

Thats cool a pull up seat. Thanks for the info.Not that i can ride it with my spinal cord injury but thanks.

• I was deleted.

Thanks for the photos! I liked the update. Last time I was there I saw them but didn't have the best timing with my camera as you did. I also didn't want to wait that much because it was near the end of my trip and I wanted to see what was actually open! I also loved the Jungle Cruise photos.

Anyone know what's going on exactly with SM?

• My Children's Father

Seeing the water-bag dummies all tied down makes me wonder if they've ever had one fall out of a ride vehicle. Now that would be photo ... or a video ... with narration like the Hindenburg disaster: "The log is coming over the crest of the hill ... a beautiful sight ... A WATER DUMMY FELL OUT OF THE LOG! A WATER DUMMY FELL OUT OF THE LOG! IT'S FALLING DOWN THE MOUNTAIN! CRASHING INTO THE BRIAR PATCH! OH THE HUMANITY!!!!

Seriously though, I'm glad that they have a log large enough to hold my family and my brother and nephew when they come out in November. Excellent photo op. Maybe we should name them "Farm Logs" in honor of our man Flint .... . Got 5 kids? No problemo .....
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

• All you need is LOVE

Thanks for the Photos

• Back home :-(

Please tell me that the dummies are sitting sideways just to test the ride and that we as riders don't have to sit sideways. I'm pretty sure that we wouldn't have to do that, but it would REALLY suck if we did. However, I'm liking the fact that it looks like two people can sit side by side together in the back. As for having new larger logs, I'm very happy that they've finally done this. Now I can actually get a group of friends on together.

I really like what they are doing to the Mark Twain... I think it looks fabulous!

With Innoventions, is stuff on the outside new? (Like the paint and lights) It's been a year since we were there and it looks different... however it might just be because of the tarps casting colors and shadows onto the walls.

And awww, the cats. Has anyone ever snuck in cat treats or food (other than cast members) to take them? I have a big soft heart for these guys (you should see how spoiled my cats are!!!) and I wish I could take them food and treats, you know?

Updates like these make me really love Matt - he's really shaping up DL back to it's original glory. The castle looks beautiful! I don't think I've seen it look this good for while (if at all!).

• Gloomy Day, probably rain

Quote Originally Posted by MegarooFifi
    Please tell me that the dummies are sitting sideways just to test the ride and that we as riders don't have to sit sideways. I'm pretty sure that we wouldn't have to do that, but it would REALLY suck if we did. However, I'm liking the fact that it looks like two people can sit side by side together in the back. As for having new larger logs, I'm very happy that they've finally done this. Now I can actually get a group of friends on together.

I really like what they are doing to the Mark Twain... I think it looks fabulous!

With Innoventions, is stuff on the outside new? (Like the paint and lights) It's been a year since we were there and it looks different... however it might just be because of the tarps casting colors and shadows onto the walls.

And awww, the cats. Has anyone ever snuck in cat treats or food (other than cast members) to take them? I have a big soft heart for these guys (you should see how spoiled my cats are!!!) and I wish I could take them food and treats, you know?

Updates like these make me really love Matt - he's really shaping up DL back to it's original glory. The castle looks beautiful! I don't think I've seen it look this good for while (if at all!).
    The tests do make it look like you'd have to sit funky but I think its just because they are so big. Good question tho.

Please don't feed the cats! Most of them are feral and I'm sure they live well on all the wild birds, rats, and mice that infect the park.

• Disneyland with Bob Ross

It was explained on another thread that the water dummies are alternated to balance the weight in the log. If they were upright they could have a tendancy to tilt one way or the other.
    When living in Vegas - Sin as the sinners do!

Find me on MySpace

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast