• =)

Searching for a certain World of Color video...

Hello! So, I've been going crazy, trying to find this video that I saw back in...probably August or so. I can't remember what site it was on, but it showed part of the World of Color orchestral recording sessions at Abbey Road, and it was NOT the "Behind the H2O" video that was posted on the Disney Parks Blog. Instead of showing them recording the "Night on Bald Mountain" sequence, it showed them recording the opening, and it was very interesting to listen to because all you could hear was the orchestra - no vocals, synths, or anything else that was added later. Barely recognizable if you're just listening casually. (I don't remember if it contained any other music.)

But I can't find this video anywhere now! I don't know if one of y'all posted the link or if I found it on my own...it's not in my browser history...no amount of searching on Google and YouTube is turning up the video I'm looking for. It's most frustrating! Soooooooo, if any of you happen to know the video I'm talking about - or if you stumble upon it in the future - I would enormously appreciate you posting the link.

And heck, if you have any other videos of the recording sessions, those would be great to see, too.

Thanks!

• We Go On.

Re: Searching for a certain World of Color video...

Ooh... That sounds nice, but I don't think I've ever seen it.

• =)

Yeah, it was a lot of fun for a nerd like me. I'm big on orchestral film scores.

Another thing - I think this is a screenshot from that same video, though I'm not 100% positive.

(For those who read sheet music, note that this "Opening" cue was written to go much longer than what we hear in the show. The part where we hear "each journey can hold a surprise" was supposed to lead into a passage marked Suddenly Faster in the music, just below and to the left of the center of the image.)

• =)

It's always the last place you look.

• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

Ooooh...nice, Data!!

• =)

Yeah, isn't a great video? Definitely worth watching in its entirety, especially if you're as into the music as I am.

• Celebrate Today

In this video, they put all the orchestral pieces together (watch from 4:35):
    YouTube - Making of World of Color fountain show at Disney California Adventure