•   
    • Minion

Cellarhound's notebook - 11/20/05 (Sorry this is long)

Ok, it took me 9 months to get back to the park, since I skipped most of the summer festivities due to time and budgetary restraints...

But I finally made it out to the park. I didn't take any pictures or anything... because it was just me... Sorry... But I did make a few notes...

- Space Mountain -

I hit the park at about 10 am, and already there where crowds... Wow, because last year when half of the attractions where closed or under referbishiment, the park was empty...

First thing I did was head over to Space Mountain's FastPass machines... Which already where at 4-5 pm. By 1 pm the machines where turnned off, making some folks look down the hallway and say "Oh, Space Mountain is closed"

The long hallway seems to be a bad design to me... because essencially the Que really starts at the stairs way back behind "Honey, I Shrunk the Audiance's Expectations"... I understand why it has to be there so people won't line hop.

There was a lot of shade in the Que line... Excellent, I remember back when there wasn't... Also there is an area that seems to be fenced off where the landing pad was for jet packs. I guess they aren't finished with the decor yet...

Excellent job once people got inside the building with the Space Station motef. I was disappointed not to see a cockpit in the launch bay module... the guy in there with the lcd eyes really freaked me out as a kid...

The ride inside was all I remember and more... It has got to be the best coaster ever built IMHO... I mean yeah, you are going to get bigger, you are going to get more ride time, you are going to get more loops and stunts... And people know this, which is why it is the longest wait in the park doubling the 45 min average for Indy...

--- Today, I mean, Tomorrowland ---

Attractions that need to be replaced:

Innoventions (I thought they where upgrading this attraction, but they really did downgrade it... Who wants to go to Disneyland to play with Computers? I can do this at home thank you... I can think of a 1000 better things to put in this building including an IMAX 3D theatre presentation of space exploration)

HISTA ("Honey I Shrunk the Audiance's Expectations")

Club Buzz (Retheme this PLEASE! Get a DJ, open up the dance floor...)

Orbitron (It is finally working and spinning "-whoopdeedo-")

Attractions that need to be refurbished:

Star Tours (Digital Projection, please... get with it...)

Attractions that need to be returned:

PeopleMover (Everytime I see the state of that empty track, it makes me mad... )

Lunching Pad (Mmmmm - Space Myst)

Attractions that need to be added:

Something needs to go where the motorboat cruise was... It is just empty space wanting something...

There needs to be a table service restaurant in this side of the park...

--- Haunted Mansion Holiday ---

For some reason it doesn't seem as good this year as it was last year... They tweeked some things about it, and the cheque line... The sound track didn't seem to be working for me... I could have been at the wrong part of the loop, but it wasn't as magical as last year...

--- Pirates of the Carab Chip Cookies ---

POTC had a longer wait... A word to the wise when having people board, think about putting larger people in the middle of the bench... I know there are a lot of people, and I am a single rider... But the boat was listing...

OH, and they actually did something to the ride that made everyone get wetter, or is it just me?

--- Parade of Dreams ---

Kudos to Steve Davison on this one... The puppets on these floats are amazing... Particularly on the lion king float... The expressive ness of simba was amazing... Wow, I mean, Wow...

I don't understand the show stops however... They seemed ill timed with the speed of the parade... It seems like it takes for ever to get this parade down the street...

--- Christmas Parade ---

Desperately needs to referbish the floats... you can see the speaker holes, and it is getting difficult to read the text upon them...

Snow flakes on roller skates? Not my first choice... How about roller blades that look like ice skates? Yeah, that is better...

--- Checking out Hollywood Studios ---

I went over to look at the new gates in DCA at the Hollywood Backlot... Nice! You can't tell that MuppetVision 3D is open however... I would have Sweetums by the doorway and moved Scully's meet and greet elsewhere...

They fensed off the front of the Animation pavilion...

Off Topic - What is going on behind the curtain at Golden Dreams? Hmm... Probably nothing...

I really liked DCA's tree, it was very nice... Not nearly as grand as DL's, but nice....

That's it for now... I will try to write more later...
    Last edited by cellarhound; 11-21-2005 at 11:23 AM.
    Check out my other blog:

• Iron-Clad Allie

Re: Cellarhound's notebook - 11/20/05 (Sorry this is long)

Can't wait to ride Space Mountain, especially after that awesome review. The sooner Innovations, HISTA and Club Buzz are replaced the better. I actually like Orbitron. I wholeheartedly agree with you on the refurbs, returns and additions!

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior
    Can't wait to ride Space Mountain, especially after that awesome review. The sooner Innovations, HISTA and Club Buzz are replaced the better. I actually like Orbitron. I wholeheartedly agree with you on the refurbs, returns and additions!
    The problem with the Orbitron is that there is no production supporting it... And the thing that I like least about it is that it so much reminds me of the Rocket Jets that used to be there... It is almost as if they just took the plastic shell off and added satalite dishes...

Either put back the Rocket Jets, because the mechanism is clearly still there, or change the orbitron to make it more active and do differant kinds of movement...
    Check out my other blog:

As Mr. Tom Morrow puts it: innovations + inventions = innoventions

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by wrs28220
    As Mr. Tom Morrow puts it: innovations + inventions = innoventions
    As Mr. Cellar Hound puts it: Innoventions - Asimo = Best Buy
    Last edited by cellarhound; 11-21-2005 at 11:21 AM.
    Check out my other blog: