Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Mischievous Mouse

Favorite aspect of Disneyland Railroad. Favorite time?

I just love riding the DLRR, if I lived near the park and visited much more often I'd probably spend a major percentage of my time just riding around the park. So relaxing and, such a nice break from the hustle and bustle of the rest of the park, it's a unique sanctuary of the whole place. I think NOS has the distiction of being my favorite stop and depart station. Mainstreet station is the very best place to start the journey.

Do you have a favorite story? One time we road it for a while, while it was raining, that was quite special, another was one late late night trip with noone else on the car... that was very cool!!

Do you have a favorite story?
    Last edited by Sorcerer's Apprentice; 01-07-2011 at 10:34 AM.

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

• Minion

Re: Favorite aspect of Disneyland Railroad. Favorite time?

we always pretend like we are taking the railroad for mini vacations! leaving mainstreet going on a trip to toontown! My kids think its fun! Plus when I am sick of being in toontown its a good way to move things along!

• Miracle:(n) Kings win Cup

Thousand Oaks, Staples Center, Disneyland

I went through a 3-month time where the DLR was my therapy. I was confused on which direction to take my life, and I needed time to step away from 'my world' so I could get as much of a non-baised look into my life as I could. I would head to the parks at about 6/7pm and stay until 11/12:00 at night.

There is no better time for me than sitting alone or with my girlfriend on the RR with a box of popcorn and a Coke at night. Whenever I would go to the parks alone, many times the RR would be the only attraction I rode. I would ride until they made me get off (usually because of the removal of the train off the line or closing). I am most at peace enjoying this attraction.

• Miracle:(n) Kings win Cup

Thousand Oaks, Staples Center, Disneyland

When my brother was 3-7 years old, he was fascinated with trains and dinosaurs. Imagine his excitement when both of his loves were combined into one experience.

"I want to ride the Dinosaur Train!" Between the countless trips on the DLRR and Casey Jr., my brother loved Disneyland.

• Banned User

As a kid, it was all about the Dinosaurs. We usually did the grand circle tour as the very last ride of the day before going home. Now my favorite thing is jut hearing the conductor spiel when I get there, and feeling like I'm "home"

• Johnny and Me!

I had an interesting experience on the RR during my Grad Nite. After hitting some attractions in Tomorrowland, I boarded a train to relax for a while. It was so relaxing that I fell asleep.

I love going through Splash Mountain and waving. Sitting above Small World is cool too. I like looking down at the park from up high, very pretty.

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

I like seeing the dioramas and looking down in Splash Mountain. On my last trip it was about closing time at DL and we just got off Splash and headed to the New Orleans Square Station. It was fun taking the last trip around the park on the train.

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    CaptainEO,ATIS: Have you ever heard that rumor that Elvis is alive, and well, and owns a bakery in Seattle? Yeah, that's total crap. Now if you where to tell me Michael Jackson was alive, and well, and owns a MiceChat account in Las Vegas, that I would believe!

• Minion

I like seeing the Haunted Mansion before entering the tunnel

• We Want The Redhead

As the train was my first ever attraction at Disneyland, it holds a very dear place in my heart. I can also recall several romantic rides late into the evening with the woman who became my wife and mother to our daughter.
    Thinking of the railroad, make me feel wistful, and dreamy. It may be my single favorite attraction.
    First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
    First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
    BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

• враг народа

Blog Entries

On the 50th Anniversary my dad and I decided to skip out on the merchandise and take advantage of being in the park an hour early. We ended up boarding the train at Tomorrowland and it just so happened to be that it was full of characters, as it was the train going out to Main Street, USA to open the park. It was great getting to interact with the characters, who were excitedly pointing out the sites of the diorama too, and then getting to be there to welcome everybody to Disneyland, USA on its 50th birthday.

• formerly very helpful

I love the Critter Country leg, as you go past the Hungry Bear restaurant, and through the trees, by the river, I really feel like I'm going through the old frontier. I tend to imagine what it must have been like 150 years ago.

• Banned User

My favorite aspect of the railroad is this....
    It somewhat showcases Walt, everyone or most Disney fans know he had a love for trains, having the railroad around is a tribute to him, Disneyland as a whole was his creation and his work is everywhere but the railroad and his apartment stand out the most, in my opinion, lots of guests ride it thinking "its just another attraction" but theres more to it than that, whenever I see it pulling up to the station I think of the opening day brodcast Walt and Mickey pulling into the main street station.... thats my aspect on it, its a homage to him more than anything

• Minion

my favotr thing about the disneyland rail road is getting to expraice sitting up with conducter that was asmose
    I have a problem with dyslexia, but if you will please bear with me, I would love to participate in the conversations here at MiceChat. Thanks for your understanding! - Matthttp://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo[URL=http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDisneylandfan4ever?feature=mhumfeature=mhum#p/u"]http://www.youtube.com/user/matt4mickey123?feature=mhum#p/u[/U- Mattșoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șo[disneyland repctive of the wedsday show dca eathen brithday 282 by mickeyfan4ever1234, on Flickr

• formerly very helpful

I agree with you, StarTours1. Walt's connection certainly brings a real special meaning to me for the railroad.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast