Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• "The Musical Quil"

Grand Canyon Diorama & Primeval World

Do we really need the glass to separate us from the Grand Canyon & Primeval World diorama? I apreciate that it is addressed but I have not yet gone back-in-time without being interrupted by conductors over the PA, reminding folks to reframe from taking flash photography.

If the glass were removed, wouldn't it feel more intimate, save on cleaning costs and time, and lower the complaints of outside distractions like photography? The low wall can remain keeping folks out of the display should the unfortunate evacuation take place.
    DJ JARVICIOUS
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Electro | Hip-Hop | Top 40 | Funky
    www.Facebook.com/DJJarvicious
    www.SoundCloud.com/DJJarvicious
    Instagram / Twitter: @DJJARVICIOUS

• Senior Minion

Re: Grand Canyon Diorama & Primeval World

I think there would be too much stuff (popcorn, soda cups, whatever) thrown into the Grand Canyon, and back into the time of the dinosaurs for it to be worthwhile.

Angry Re: Grand Canyon Diorama & Primeval World

I was on POTC last year when the teenagers in front of us threw coins as hard as they could during the treasure scene. When I called them on it, they shrugged and said, "Sorry! It's a tradition!" Grrrrrr.

I can only imagine the damage done to the dioramas if they remove the barrier because the passengers on the train are much closer to the displays than the boat's passengers are on POTC.

• Miracle:(n) Kings win Cup

Thousand Oaks, Staples Center, Disneyland

Also, would the exhaust or steam or whatever the by-products of the locomotive damage the sets? Just wondering...

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by Wotan View Post
    I think there would be too much stuff (popcorn, soda cups, whatever) thrown into the Grand Canyon, and back into the time of the dinosaurs for it to be worthwhile.
    I have to agree.
    Plus with it being outdoors (yes your in a "tunnel"...but it's still open to outside elements) I think you have a greater chance of things blowing in, more dust etc.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Nutty guy from Canada

I tend to agree that removing the glass would cause more trouble than its worth.

This was the first thing I saw were I really felt the Disney magic for the first time and made me fall in love with the park back in 2008 when my wife and I were on our honeymoon and first trip to the resort so I would hate to see an attempt to improve it end up ruining it.

As for the flash photography.... Well, it is to dark but I find that a decent HDD camcorder can handle the dim light and will give you a pretty good image that you could probably pull screen caps from.

Go to the 3:50 mark and you'll see what I mean. That was taken in February 2010. I was on the wrong side of the train but next time I'm going to try sitting on the closer side.
    The Chadwick's Online Photo & Video Galleries
    DLR: 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
    DCL: Alaska Cruise Aboard Disney Wonder 2013
    Planned Trips: DLR November 2014, WDW March 2017

Very Happy Disney Vacation Club Member Since 2010
    270 Points at The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa

• Mischievous Mouse

I think we need the glass to stop the inconsiderate few from damaging/defacing the displays. Sad, but true. It seems to have gotten worse over the years!

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Cleaning costs would skyrocket as coins and other objects were "introduced" into the scene. I wonder too if the glass is there so that a consistent temperature and humidity can be maintained to preserve the mural while keeping away exhaust from the train and the dust/debris that might blow in with the trains.

• Closed Account

I think all the previous posters answered the question pretty thoroughly.

• I'm not really here

It's not the glass that is the cause of the "flash photography" issues... it's the flash photography itself. Removing the glass would not make the flashes any less intrusive in the dark spaces. There would still be warnings to not take flash pictures... please.

And I 2nd everything said about them being trashed without the glass there.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

How about they just spend some money to fix the dinosaur's tail at the end. That has been broken for what seems like a year now. If you want to improve the guest experience then it should be kept in good condition, not be easier to take photos of.
    My signature is NOT larger than my post, nor should yours be!

• Queen Elsa

What about the Splash Mt. sceen is that glass like the Primeval world or not.

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Hook View Post
    What about the Splash Mt. sceen is that glass like the Primeval world or not.
    Yeah, that is glassed in as well.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• "The Musical Quil"

I like to imagine behind the glass the moving parts are making horrible screeching noises at almost an unbearable level. Just for a laugh of course.

It's unfortunate we cannot trust the general public to respect the property of others. Sad really
    DJ JARVICIOUS
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Electro | Hip-Hop | Top 40 | Funky
    www.Facebook.com/DJJarvicious
    www.SoundCloud.com/DJJarvicious
    Instagram / Twitter: @DJJARVICIOUS

One big reason is to avoid damaging the stuffed animals. Once those animals are damaged, Disney definitely won't purchase more stuffed animals because that would probably lead to bad publicity.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast