• Minion

New restaurant idea for DTD or Toontown or Hollywoodland

I just thought of a cool idea for a restaurant that would utilize characters and would probably be very popular. Don't know if anyone has suggested this before:

House of Mouse

How cool would it be to go tothe House of Mouse for dinner where they have the penguins from Mary Poppins + Goofy as the waiters? Houie, louie, and douie as a band in between cartoon shorts (they would probably be AAs), an AA of Horace up in the control room that we can see. They could either have Mickey and Minnie as AAs or talking heads introducing the cartoons and special guest characters to come on stage. This could also be used as a character dining, but instead of the ones we normally see where it is the same characters all day every day, with this restaurant you would instead never know which characters were going to show up for dining, would be really cool if face characters not only came to you, but you could also request (for a little extra $) that the character actually dine with you (not having to pay for the character's meal of course). Plus, this would have the added bonus that you are always either watching a cartoon short, a live skit with some of the characters, or listening to the boys band!

What do you think, where would this fit best: DTD, Hollywoodland, or ToonTown?
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• Disney Fanatic

Re: New restaurant idea for DTD or Toontown or Hollywoodland

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan42 View Post
    I just thought of a cool idea for a restaurant that would utilize characters and would probably be very popular. Don't know if anyone has suggested this before:

House of Mouse

How cool would it be to go to the House of Mouse for dinner where they have the penguins from Mary Poppins + Goofy as the waiters? Houie, louie, and douie as a band in between cartoon shorts (they would probably be AAs), an AA of Horace up in the control room that we can see. They could either have Mickey and Minnie as AAs or talking heads introducing the cartoons and special guest characters to come on stage. This could also be used as a character dining, but instead of the ones we normally see where it is the same characters all day every day, with this restaurant you would instead never know which characters were going to show up for dining, would be really cool if face characters not only came to you, but you could also request (for a little extra $) that the character actually dine with you (not having to pay for the character's meal of course). Plus, this would have the added bonus that you are always either watching a cartoon short, a live skit with some of the characters, or listening to the boys band!

What do you think, where would this fit best: DTD, Hollywoodland, or ToonTown?
    I would love to see this in the hollywood section of DCA. In order to make it fit in with the new theme of Hollywoodland that takes place in the 30's they can show some of the older cartoons like the silly symphonies. There were 75 of them produced in the time between 1929 and 1939. They can also show some of the older cartoons that feature the fab 5.

Hollywoodland also has more room for improvement than toontown. There is the unused hollywood and dine that can be redone and this put there. I do not see this going in DTD because it would ruin the experience of seeing your favorite characters outside of the parks. The only place currently outside the park where you can see the characters is in the disney hotels for the character dining there.
    Last edited by kibia16; 01-07-2011 at 04:21 PM.
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.
    -Aristotle

Next Trip in 2012 to see the final product

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

This would fit best in Toon Town. And if Toon Town was in DCA, that's where it'd best fit.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

I came up with this too. I loved watching the show back in 2003 and I was watching the Mickey Mouse Revue on youtube and this concept came into my head. Great minds think a like I guess.
    And I would put it in Toon Town.

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    CaptainEO,ATIS: Have you ever heard that rumor that Elvis is alive, and well, and owns a bakery in Seattle? Yeah, that's total crap. Now if you where to tell me Michael Jackson was alive, and well, and owns a MiceChat account in Las Vegas, that I would believe!

• Disney Fanatic

You could also do a house of villains overlay for halloween.

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.
    -Aristotle

Next Trip in 2012 to see the final product

I've always thought House of Mouse would work fantastically well somewhere in the resort. It seems like such a slam dunk idea too. I wonder if the execs ever thought of this.

"How do I depreciate this rock?"

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

If you redo Toontowns "center" area you could add this as a new interactive attraction the only problem are the fireworks.