Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Reimagined Paradise Pier Entrance

Hey Guys! I have been thinking up ideas for what I think should happen with the paradise pier area. Everything is looking good so far there are just some things I would like to add. I will be uploading a series of posts overtime displaying my ideas for the land. My first rendering depicts a newly imagined gateway to paradise pier featuring the new archway,the Paradise Pavilion (rethemed ariels grotto), and the new Treasures in paradise building. . In addition in the rendering under the bridge and around the lagoon a more natural rocky shoreline would be created. Themeing along the shore could include small sailboats tired to moorings and more. In the background you can also see flags were added to the screamin' coaster (don't worry more is done to the coaster, I will post that idea eventurally). Let me know what you guys think.
    Last edited by hawk671; 01-27-2011 at 09:58 PM.

• Minion

Re: Reimagined Paradise Pier Entrance

I like it

• Disney Fanatic

Looks great.
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.
    -Aristotle

Next Trip in 2012 to see the final product

• Decor Extraordinare

Looks like a rather large bridge. Would this replace the one there currently? I'm just having trouble placing this image in the park right now.

A great drawing and idea, none-the-less! Love the idea about having small boats or dinghy's tied off along a new rocky shore!
    "I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."
    --------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Kablary View Post
    Looks like a rather large bridge. Would this replace the one there currently? I'm just having trouble placing this image in the park right now.

A great drawing and idea, none-the-less! Love the idea about having small boats or dinghy's tied off along a new rocky shore!
    Dont worry the bridge would be the same size I just messed up lol.

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

That would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    CaptainEO,ATIS: Have you ever heard that rumor that Elvis is alive, and well, and owns a bakery in Seattle? Yeah, that's total crap. Now if you where to tell me Michael Jackson was alive, and well, and owns a MiceChat account in Las Vegas, that I would believe!

• Minion

Really nice job. For Paradise Pier to work for me, every inch of it needs to drip with the old-fashioned Victorian, wooden details. I'm disappointed that the fun wheel queue, carousel and this area are going to be left as-is. Hopefully, before too long, the funds will become available to redress these areas in the same style as Midway Mania, as you have illustrated.

You clearly have some skills as an artist. My one constructive criticism is that you've combined an architectural elevation/color study drawing (straight vertical profile) with a perspective drawing (3-D). Delete the bridge and the boat, and you'd have a fine version of the former, but if you're going to depict the drawing in three dimensions (as you've done with the bridge and the boat), you have to do so for all the buildings/objects so it makes sense visually.

Here's a WDI piece that clearly shows both an elevation and a perspective:

Again, great work and thanks for sharing.
    Last edited by RandySavage; 01-07-2011 at 08:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RandySavage View Post
    Really nice job. For Paradise Pier to work for me, every inch of it needs to drip with the old-fashioned Victorian, wooden details. I'm disappointed that the fun wheel queue, carousel and this area are going to be left as-is. Hopefully, before too long, the funds will become available to redress these areas in the same style as Midway Mania, as you have illustrated.

You clearly have some skills as an artist. My one constructive criticism is that you've combined an architectural elevation/color study drawing (straight vertical profile) with a perspective drawing (3-D). Delete the bridge and the boat, and you'd have a fine version of the former, but if you're going to depict the drawing in three dimensions (as you've done with the bridge and the boat), you have to do so for all the buildings/objects so it makes sense visually.

Here's a WDI piece that clearly shows both an elevation and a perspective:

Again, great work and thanks for sharing.
    Thanks for the advice! Don't worry I'll post my sketches for the area and see what you guys think!

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

The one thing that confused me was it looks like the bridge goes up and that made me concerned about people with wheel chairs. Took me a while that the bridge would still be flat. ':-D

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    CaptainEO,ATIS: Have you ever heard that rumor that Elvis is alive, and well, and owns a bakery in Seattle? Yeah, that's total crap. Now if you where to tell me Michael Jackson was alive, and well, and owns a MiceChat account in Las Vegas, that I would believe!

• Minion

The boat looks like it's heading towards a cave opening, which would be a nice idea for a dark ride in DCA.

The boat looks like it's heading towards a cave opening, which would be a nice idea for a dark ride in DCA.

• ---------------

Quote Originally Posted by bayouguy View Post
    So what your saying is, they could have utilized a lot more space by digging down deeper, build a show building and then install the shops and restaurants on top of that show bldg.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Quote Originally Posted by DLFreak71 View Post
    So what your saying is, they could have utilized a lot more space by digging down deeper, build a show building and then install the shops and restaurants on top of that show bldg.
    That be crazy talk! LOL

• Future Disney Imagineer

This is beautiful. All of Paradise Pier should look like this. I do agree that the East Paradise Pier Entrance is quite bland. I love the rock and plants under the bridge; Disney really needs that to add believability that this is a real lagoon.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • The Future is in RED?

Moving, somewhere in time...but mostly stuck in SoCal in the County of Orange

Nice piece.

Timekeeper
    Now the Tower of Sauron has fallen
    Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast