Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• Minion

Re: In defense of the Princess Fantasy Faire

Quote Originally Posted by Raindown View Post
    I've seen Beast and Phillip randomly, but nothing regular like Aladdin.
    None of these 3 were there when I was in february, whats worse is that shortly after i got home was when BatB came out on dvd & blu-ray, so I'm guessing Beast was utilized more around then. What do you think will be the fate of Rapunzel and Flynn? Will she move there too, and will he also be shafted? I am so sick of the princes being shafted as soon as their special meet and greet is over (Naveen, Beast, Prince Philip, Prince Charming, etc) I also agree that Mulan needs to go, and Pocohontas needs to come in. Can they do something like this for the Disney Heroes: Aladdin, Hercules, Tarzan (who used to be seen near his tree house with Jane and Turk), Beast, Naveen, FLYNN.... you know this gave me an idea, look for a new thread started by me soon......
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• Minion

I have no problem with the concept of a princess meet and greet! matter of fact I think it is a must! but using the theater for this is wasting that space! Disney has put on amazing musicals there and should still be doing so! A meet and greet area can be put just about anywhere and be successful! I think Disney needs to refocus the theater into a theater and get a stage production back in there!

• I'm not really here

My issue with PFF is that it removed the princesses from the lands. They were no longer walking around and interacting with guests in the actual Fantasyland area. On our last trip, they were out again. We saw Aurora, Belle and Cinderella spend 30 minutes with a group of girls (and some boys even) by Snow White's Wishing Well. It was a lot of fun to watch them all interact with all the kids and even adults. A place like PFF is not necessary to have this interaction. In fact, it felt much more real and natural this way because you didn't have to stand in a line. It just sort of magically happened by the moat of the castle, a much more magical, charming and beautiful setting than PFF could ever dream of being. That is my reason for disliking PFF... it trades a magical, surprising moment in a real setting for a fake setting, in a show format with a time limit because you're in a receiving line.

And I too have to agree that the live shows added so much to the area. The Snow White show they did before it became PFF was phenomenal and I wish they would do these again.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Queen Elsa

Right I got nothing against Aladdin but Phillip is my favorite out of all the Prince infact the last time I ever saw him out was back in 2007. I have meet all the Prince before but Prince Eric. I wish Disney just have the Prince out all the time and not just for the parades. Like someone said there is boys that would like to have there time with there Prince just like girls like to have there time with the Princess. If Disney brings out the Prince more and do more mercides [ms] with the Prince like closes and other things like I have seen with the sword and sheld of Prince Phillip I can see it sale if they have say a mask like Beast or a hat like Snow White's Prince. Have a jacket that looks like Prince Charming and Prince Eric stuff like that.

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    The Snow White show they did before it became PFF was phenomenal and I wish they would do these again.
    It was good. Didn't it like halt showing then then come back for like a year, albeit a long time ago? The stage they use for the coronation is pretty much the same but without the dwarfs' cottage in the middle.

• Always Dreaming

Personally, while I expected to like the Princess Fantasy Faire, I've come to resent it.

It used to be that the princesses would be out and around and you'd only have to wait a few minutes to meet them and could decide who you wanted to see. Now you wait for an hour with no idea which princesses you'll see. Waiting an hour to see characters that you're not too fond of is a disappointment, and none of my friends want to wait that long, so I don't often get pics with the princesses like I used to.

If anything, I'd like the layout changed so that you can pick who you see and so the line isn't so long. I'd also like the princes to come out more often; I used to see Prince Phillip pretty often, but in the last few years I haven't seen him. I've seen the Beast once about 4 years ago, possibly longer. I've only seen Prince Eric in Tokyo.

Also, it seems like in the PFF the princesses are more rushed. It irritates me to no end when the faces act like just because you're older they can take a quick picture and move right along. I used to get some interaction before (not as much as little kids, but some) and now they basically take a picture and say bye.

I may be 23, but I like to be treated like a person too!

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by aurorahermione View Post
    I may be 23, but I like to be treated like a person too!
    Agreed... and I'm 31. lol.

I also don't like the random nature of the PFF. I understand their reasoning for doing it and wanting to centralize it and all... but it just isn't very good.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    My issue with PFF is that it removed the princesses from the lands. They were no longer walking around and interacting with guests in the actual Fantasyland area. On our last trip, they were out again. We saw Aurora, Belle and Cinderella spend 30 minutes with a group of girls (and some boys even) by Snow White's Wishing Well. It was a lot of fun to watch them all interact with all the kids and even adults. A place like PFF is not necessary to have this interaction. In fact, it felt much more real and natural this way because you didn't have to stand in a line. It just sort of magically happened by the moat of the castle, a much more magical, charming and beautiful setting than PFF could ever dream of being. That is my reason for disliking PFF... it trades a magical, surprising moment in a real setting for a fake setting, in a show format with a time limit because you're in a receiving line.

And I too have to agree that the live shows added so much to the area. The Snow White show they did before it became PFF was phenomenal and I wish they would do these again.
    Great points. Right now, the princesses at PFF are "in hidding", you can't see them visiting with others while you are standing in line. That's one of the advantages with characters more out in the open. Even the Pooh meet and greet area is more in the open, and Ariel (prior to Tink's Pixie Hollow), used to be visible to all waiting in line. Watching the interaction of the characters, even with other guests, is fun to see, and a lot less boring than standing in a line like PFF.

Then, as others have pointed out, it's not an effect use of space. For the record crowds that decend on DL, more in the way of entertainment is needed. And right now they have a theater facility that is not being used. Of course seating would need to be added back to the area but it's still a viable facility for shows and large crowds. Right now DL is nearly void of live entertainment shows. But this facility could fill that void.

Not to mention, there is a new meet and greet facility for Disney's newest princess right in Fantasyland. The themeing there was relatively wel done. Compare that to the photo locations at PFF, and those are rather plain and simple. Other open space is available in Fantasyland additional for meet and greets, and the theater could once again be used for entertaining additional guests.
    Last edited by Aladdin; 01-09-2011 at 07:43 PM.

• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

They need to remove Princesses Fantasy Faire period. The wait time are always long. They should allow all the princesses to roam the parks and interact with all the guests. Disneyland need to utilize that area for some form of Mini Musical Broadway show such as: The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, and etc.

Tokyo Disneyland has a lot of shows offering.

My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy Daddy View Post
    PFF means (often) a long wait in line to see 3 princesses and you just have to hope they are the 3 your child is interested in.

I prefered it the old way and also it would free up that area to do something else.
    I agree 100%! I loved catching the princesses out in front of the castle before PFF. I find it much more thrilling to "spot" a character out and about than to wait in line at a predetermined venue. That's just sooooo predictable.
    As for theming you can't get better theming than Sleeping Beauty Castle and I don't think I ever waited in line more than 10 minutes for a princess. The attendants and the characters were always very friendly and interactive I daresay even more so than at PFF. For example, a few years ago for my friend took her daughter to Disneyland for her 4th birthday. That night they found Sleeping Beauty and Snow White by the wishing well. Since they were nearly the only one's there the princesses were able to chat with her and sing happy birthday to her in their beautiful soprano voices. I'm not saying they can't sing happy birthday at PFF but it was almost like they were there JUST FOR HER on her special day (not just greeting the next person in line). You can't get more personal and magical than that!
    PFF just seems forced and unimaginative and the wait time is horrendous! But it DOES sell makeovers and I guess thats what really counts.
    I would love to see less structured meet and greets and more walk-around characters throughout the park!

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    Great points. Right now, the princesses at PFF are "in hidding", you can't see them visiting with others while you are standing in line. That's one of the advantages with characters more out in the open. Even the Pooh meet and greet area is more in the open, and Ariel (prior to Tink's Pixie Hollow), used to be visible to all waiting in line. Watching the interaction of the characters, even with other guests, is fun to see, and a lot less boring than standing in a line like PFF.

Yes! Thank you! Part of the experience is watching the characters interact with the other guests. You don't get this at all at PFF.

• formerly very helpful

Even though I started this thread as a positive reaction to PFF, I will admit that it has flaws, and the points people make are valid.

• Disney is home

I'm noticing a lot of people using past tense when they talk about meeting the Princesses in front of the castle, but they currently can still be found around the castle. They have been doing this at least since Summer.

• Disney is home

Quote Originally Posted by HatAndMouse View Post
    Yes! Thank you! Part of the experience is watching the characters interact with the other guests. You don't get this at all at PFF.
    Actually you do, I haven't been to PFF since the Summer, but after the Royal Coronation, the 3 princesses would meet and sign autographs with all of the guests that stayed. I loved seeing this.

I'm glad to hear that. The last few times I've been they've only been at PFF. PFF does have it's merit if you want to be guaranteed to meet princesses instead of taking your chances being at the right place at the right time (although you can always just ask at the info booth.) Maybe they need to keep both options going.
    The Coronation is never happening when I am there. I think it only plays on certain days or busy seasons. =( That actually sounds pretty cute, but the standard meet and greet is just that-standard.
    Last edited by HatAndMouse; 01-09-2011 at 08:48 PM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast