Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• Disney is home

Re: In defense of the Princess Fantasy Faire

Quote Originally Posted by HatAndMouse View Post
    ^ I'm glad to hear that. The last few times I've been they've only been at PFF. PFF does have it's merit if you want to be guaranteed to meet princesses instead of taking your chances being at the right place at the right time (although you can always just ask at the info booth.) Maybe they need to keep both options going, but the theater itself needs a real show or something else worthwhile.
    I agree it needs a real show at the theatre, but at the same time PFF does have a great side to it and has a lot of positives. I would love for Disney to keep both options (princesses at both the castle and PFF) and wouldn't mind if they found a new place for PFF that allowed the theatre to be used as it's true self.

• Quiet As A Mouse!

It's a Secret........... Sssssssshhhhhhhh!!!!!!

The Princesses are out around the castle on occasions when they are available. There are mostly found at PFF.
    I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"

• Knight that says Nee!!

I hope the fact that they have returned to doing SOME m & g times at the castle is a sign that PFF will be ending soon.

• Disney is home

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy Daddy View Post
    I hope the fact that they have returned to doing SOME m & g times at the castle is a sign that PFF will be ending soon.
    The princesses have been around the Castle at least since Summer if not longer. With that, I doubt this means anything will be changing. While I am all for having to wait in a long line at PFF for a Princess to go away, there are some that prefer waiting in line because it helps avoid disrespectful guests.

• Knight that says Nee!!

Quote Originally Posted by Donald1980 View Post
    The princesses have been around the Castle at least since Summer if not longer. With that, I doubt this means anything will be changing. While I am all for having to wait in a long line at PFF for a Princess to go away, there are some that prefer waiting in line because it helps avoid disrespectful guests.
    You're welcome to be all for waiting in a long line...personally it doesn't affect me as both my children are not "into" princesses now. I just know that back when my daughter was into her princess phase, the PFF would have made things difficult due to the lines. It is a shame that the majority of properly mannered people have to deeal with long lines and have to hope that the three princesses behind the big wall are actually ones they want to meet by the time they get to the front of that line because of a minority of mis-manered guests. Despite that being held up a few times in this thread, I don't think ill-behaved guests were the reason behind the creation of PFF.

Anyway, my reason for wanting it to finally end is simply so that the space can be used for something else. Hopefully something my particular family demographic would be interested in.

• Disney is home

You're welcome to be all for waiting in a long line...personally it doesn't affect me as both my children are not "into" princesses now. I just know that back when my daughter was into her princess phase, the PFF would have made things difficult due to the lines. It is a shame that the majority of properly mannered people have to deeal with long lines and have to hope that the three princesses behind the big wall are actually ones they want to meet by the time they get to the front of that line because of a minority of mis-manered guests. Despite that being held up a few times in this thread, I don't think ill-behaved guests were the reason behind the creation of PFF.

Anyway, my reason for wanting it to finally end is simply so that the space can be used for something else. Hopefully something my particular family demographic would be interested in.
    I didn't realize it till you responded to my comment that I left an important word out of my comment, which changes what I was trying to prove. Below is what the comment was suppose to say with the word "not" added.

The princesses have been around the Castle at least since Summer if not longer. With that, I doubt this means anything will be changing. While I am all for "NOT" having to wait in a long line at PFF for a Princess to go away, there are some that prefer waiting in line because it helps avoid disrespectful guests.
    I definitely do not prefer to wait in a long line for Princesses, which is why I don't. With the Royal Coronation and Princess Story Time at PFF, it allows you to see the Princesses without having to wait in long lines.

I am all for the space to be used as a show again, but at the same time there are a lot of positives about PFF and there is a lot of magic making there. Look at the eyes of each child when they get to dance with the Princesses or listen to each Princess tell her story. Just because something isn't magical to you or "your particular family" doesn't mean it's not to someone else or even the majority. Everyone has different likes and dislikes and everyone finds Disney magic in different ways.

I definitely do not prefer to wait in a long line for Princesses, which is why I don't. With the Royal Coronation and Princess Story Time at PFF, it allows you to see the Princesses without having to wait in long lines.
    I forgot about the stories. There are a lot of witty lines in them relating to the movies. I'm not sure the younger kids pick up on it but a few people smile here and there.

• Knight that says Nee!!

I didn't realize it till you responded to my comment that I left an important word out of my comment, which changes what I was trying to prove. Below is what the comment was suppose to say with the word "not" added.

I am all for the space to be used as a show again, but at the same time there are a lot of positives about PFF and there is a lot of magic making there. Look at the eyes of each child when they get to dance with the Princesses or listen to each Princess tell her story. Just because something isn't magical to you or "your particular family" doesn't mean it's not to someone else or even the majority. Everyone has different likes and dislikes and everyone finds Disney magic in different ways.
    I just thought you were one of those rare people who LIKE lines.

I am very aware that everyone has their own likes and dislikes. Here on MC however I can only speak for myself (and for my family) and so I did so. For us (and any like us) the PFF is not interesting and so it is a whole small section of the park that we have not gone to in a long time.

• Disney is home

I just thought you were one of those rare people who LIKE lines.

I am very aware that everyone has their own likes and dislikes. Here on MC however I can only speak for myself (and for my family) and so I did so. For us (and any like us) the PFF is not interesting and so it is a whole small section of the park that we have not gone to in a long time.

I agree and understand. The main and really only reason I brought up the whole idea of "what I like and dislike won't be the same as someone else" is because people on here (micechat) tend to forget there might be others that like what they don't like or just because something isn't pleasing to my eye doesn't mean it's not pleasing to others or maybe even the majority.

• "I Break Things"

My complaint is that they never seem to stagger the main princesses... I have little girls so we've stood in that line on many occasions... and it was always a real "all or nothing" hit or miss sort of scenario. My wife and I always felt that the individual character lines were a better deal because the child can then pick which princess they would like to meet instead of "luck of the draw". I also felt the various backdrops are a bit "sad"... it reminds me of something you would find at a local Sears portrait studio.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Quote Originally Posted by Faint of Hearts View Post
    I'm in favor of scrapping the Fantasyland Theater for an attraction of some kind or even a condensed version of what WDW is getting in their Fantasyland expansion.
    This is the best direction for that piece of land, it would increase capacity add an attraction and still have the Princess influence.

The area around IASW has always felt distant from the rest of fantasyland. If it is too costly to create large show buildings in and around the old motorboat cruise area i still think that it would be the perfect spot for a couple of the proposed meet and greet themed lands that WDW is/was suppose to get. The areas lush landscaping and secluded corners could be easily transformed into areas like the tinkerbell meet and greet

The Fantasyland theater area would then benefit from being completely demolished and re-purposed for a Beauty and the Beast attraction that included plenty of trees and shade areas that would transition nicely into a new pathway linking a future frontierland expansion

At the same time the toontown train station should be relocated and put within the frontierland expansion. It would make more sense to have a steam train stop within frontierland than toontown or fantasyland.

The problem with PFF at the moment is that its geared to much to one demographic in a large piece of land that used to get filled with people of all ages to watch some good fun family shows
    Last edited by Baloo; 01-12-2011 at 08:30 PM.

• Sock Puppet

It seems like Disney could use the meet and greets a little more creatively. Or at the least more... gender neutral?

I'm in favor of scrapping the Fantasyland Theater for an attraction of some kind or even a condensed version of what WDW is getting in their Fantasyland expansion.

I'm probably just still really jealous that they get a bunch of Beauty and the Beast stuff though.

hi! i will agree with you on this.. the meet and greets could use a bit more flair

• Minion

I'm probably just still really jealous that they get a bunch of Beauty and the Beast stuff though.
    I know I am, I want at least the Be Our Guest Restaurant or a Beauty and the Beast dark ride
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

When we were having our picture taken with Reindeer Pluto my mom was complaining about the way character greets are being done, his handler told us that the reason we don't really see characters wandering the park and the reason they set up places like Princess Fantasy Fair and Pixie Hollow is because the characters were getting attacked and not like mauled by fans kind of attacked, they're being physically and verbally abused by guests. Has anyone heard anything else about that?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by corkythomas View Post
    When we were having our picture taken with Reindeer Pluto my mom was complaining about the way character greets are being done, his handler told us that the reason we don't really see characters wandering the park and the reason they set up places like Princess Fantasy Fair and Pixie Hollow is because the characters were getting attacked and not like mauled by fans kind of attacked, they're being physically and verbally abused by guests. Has anyone heard anything else about that?
    Well, it would be believable that girls were mauling Jack Sparrow, Hercules, Indiana Jones, and Tarzan when they were available, as it is believable that guys would mall Jasmine, Ariel (mermaid version), and if Tink were a walk around she would have been too lol, so I can see how this way those characters that could be attractive, depending on what people are into, would be much safer with this style
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast