Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 88
  1. #46

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Bothell, Wa
    Posts
    3,418

    Re: In defense of the Princess Fantasy Faire

    Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan42 View Post
    Well, it would be believable that girls were mauling Jack Sparrow, Hercules, Indiana Jones, and Tarzan when they were available, as it is believable that guys would mall Jasmine, Ariel (mermaid version), and if Tink were a walk around she would have been too lol, so I can see how this way those characters that could be attractive, depending on what people are into, would be much safer with this style
    However I must say that I was too young when Ariel was a mermaid to feel that way, I just loved getting a picture with her cause she was a heartwarming character, anymore I would probably hit on her if there wasn't a handler near (which there isn't when face characters are out walking, they are on their own out there, but now Ariel's hair seems uch darker red then it used to (although it also looks more natural now so I can't complain lol)



    JK, I kid, I kid
    Trips coming up:

    May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

  2. #47

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    477

    Re: In defense of the Princess Fantasy Faire

    Quote Originally Posted by corkythomas View Post
    because the characters were getting attacked and not like mauled by fans kind of attacked, they're being physically and verbally abused by guests. Has anyone heard anything else about that?
    It happened/s.

  3. #48

    • Quiet As A Mouse!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    It's a Secret........... Sssssssshhhhhhhh!!!!!!
    Posts
    2,065

    Re: In defense of the Princess Fantasy Faire

    Yeah, like it or not, but PFF and Pixie Hollow are for the safety of the characters and the other guests. This way, any situations can be easily controlled.
    I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"

  4. #49

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    196

    Re: In defense of the Princess Fantasy Faire

    Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan42 View Post
    However I must say that I was too young when Ariel was a mermaid to feel that way, I just loved getting a picture with her cause she was a heartwarming character, anymore I would probably hit on her if there wasn't a handler near (which there isn't when face characters are out walking, they are on their own out there.



    JK, I kid, I kid
    I know walk around characters like Capt. Hook, Baloo etc. don't have attendants but I don't think I've ever seen a princess without at least one attendant to direct guests and manage the line (just like the characters on Mainsreeet). The princesses at the castle were definitely set up more like a meet and greet than just random character sightings (at least last time I saw them there) so there has to be a little more structure. I guess I just like that type of meet and greet better than the super structured, long-lined, predictable ones like PFF or even Mickey's House. I would rather see Mickey and the rest of the gang out on Mainstreet any day than wait in lines at Toontown.

  5. #50

    • With The Brain Of A Bird
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    155

    Re: In defense of the Princess Fantasy Faire

    Quote Originally Posted by HatAndMouse View Post
    I know walk around characters like Capt. Hook, Baloo etc. don't have attendants but I don't think I've ever seen a princess without at least one attendant to direct guests and manage the line (just like the characters on Mainsreeet). The princesses at the castle were definitely set up more like a meet and greet than just random character sightings (at least last time I saw them there) so there has to be a little more structure. I guess I just like that type of meet and greet better than the super structured, long-lined, predictable ones like PFF or even Mickey's House. I would rather see Mickey and the rest of the gang out on Mainstreet any day than wait in lines at Toontown.
    I guess this is straying from the topic just a hair, but wasn't it made a Union rule about 20 years ago that any character walking around the park was to have an escort to keep them safe?
    "Anything's possible at Disneyland." - Walt Disney, 1965

  6. #51

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Salt Lake
    Posts
    1,950

    Re: In defense of the Princess Fantasy Faire

    Quote Originally Posted by The Disney Ninja View Post
    Yeah, like it or not, but PFF and Pixie Hollow are for the safety of the characters and the other guests. This way, any situations can be easily controlled.
    This is very true! I just think there is a better location then the theater!

  7. #52

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    477

    Re: In defense of the Princess Fantasy Faire

    Quote Originally Posted by HatAndMouse View Post
    I know walk around characters like Capt. Hook, Baloo etc. don't have attendants but I don't think I've ever seen a princess without at least one attendant to direct guests and manage the line (just like the characters on Mainsreeet). The princesses at the castle were definitely set up more like a meet and greet than just random character sightings (at least last time I saw them there) so there has to be a little more structure. I guess I just like that type of meet and greet better than the super structured, long-lined, predictable ones like PFF or even Mickey's House. I would rather see Mickey and the rest of the gang out on Mainstreet any day than wait in lines at Toontown.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahorse View Post
    I guess this is straying from the topic just a hair, but wasn't it made a Union rule about 20 years ago that any character walking around the park was to have an escort to keep them safe?
    They don't always get a host.

  8. #53

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    180

    Re: In defense of the Princess Fantasy Faire

    Disney Princesses are fine, but particularly on crowded or rainy days in the park I think it would be a better use of the area to have a large scale musical on the stage. DCA has the Aladdin musical...Disneyland should have some live sit down musical theater too (besides Billy Hill and the Hillbillies - they are great!) Why are they using a theatrical venue for meet and greets? Its ridiculous! Put them along that awkward Small World walkway nearby or by the castle and leave the theater for actual shows. That's my two cents.

  9. #54

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    477

    Re: In defense of the Princess Fantasy Faire

    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyContinent View Post
    Why are they using a theatrical venue for meet and greets? Its ridiculous! Put them along that awkward Small World walkway nearby or by the castle and leave the theater for actual shows. That's my two cents.
    The Coronation and Storytelling also take place at PFF, both popular and well done.

  10. #55

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Rialto, CA
    Posts
    8

    Re: In defense of the Princess Fantasy Faire

    I can honestly say I have never visited PFF - since I have 2 young boys who couldn't care less about girls (ok - there big sister and Mom are probably the ONLY exceptions!!).

    However, I do remember when my 19 year old daughter was younger and we saw the Pochantas show there, I was moved to tears. Holding my daughter on my lap so she could see and listen to her see her favorite (still is) movie come to life before her eyes. Singing along with ALL the songs. That is a memory I will NEVER forget.

    Bring back the theater and the shows. That way ALL the kids can enjoy it.

  11. #56

    • Disney is home
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    1,081

    Re: In defense of the Princess Fantasy Faire

    Quote Originally Posted by LuvsErstad View Post
    I can honestly say I have never visited PFF - since I have 2 young boys who couldn't care less about girls (ok - there big sister and Mom are probably the ONLY exceptions!!).

    However, I do remember when my 19 year old daughter was younger and we saw the Pochantas show there, I was moved to tears. Holding my daughter on my lap so she could see and listen to her see her favorite (still is) movie come to life before her eyes. Singing along with ALL the songs. That is a memory I will NEVER forget.

    Bring back the theater and the shows. That way ALL the kids can enjoy it.
    No matter what happens or takes that place, not everyone will like it. Not all kids will enjoy it, it's basically a matter of which audience does Disney want to entertain. Right now, the big hit is Princesses and both the Royal Coronation and Storytelling make it a great place.

    I again will repeat that I do want a show to return to the stage, but wanting that doesn't mean PFF isn't wonderful or something that should be stopped. If they could find a new home for PFF, then I would be more than ok with that.

  12. #57

    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Splash Mountain
    Posts
    7,959
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: In defense of the Princess Fantasy Faire

    Quote Originally Posted by Donald1980 View Post
    No matter what happens or takes that place, not everyone will like it. Not all kids will enjoy it, it's basically a matter of which audience does Disney want to entertain. Right now, the big hit is Princesses and both the Royal Coronation and Storytelling make it a great place.

    I again will repeat that I do want a show to return to the stage, but wanting that doesn't mean PFF isn't wonderful or something that should be stopped. If they could find a new home for PFF, then I would be more than ok with that.
    Of course but this is more about we know they could move the meet and greets somewhere else but they choose not to because its cheaper than putting on a show......also a show is made for everyone....meeting princesses is AIMED at young girls

  13. #58

    • Disney is home
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    1,081

    Re: In defense of the Princess Fantasy Faire

    Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    Of course but this is more about we know they could move the meet and greets somewhere else but they choose not to because its cheaper than putting on a show......also a show is made for everyone....meeting princesses is AIMED at young girls
    I recommend rereading my comment. I said that I want a show to return to the stage, that they should find a new place to move PFF (which does include Storytelling and the Royal Coronation), that Disney aims at a specific audience on purpose, and that PFF is a great idea and that it does make magical memories.

    I may be defending the idea of PFF, but I'm also with people saying a show needs to return. So why the need to counter my comment?

  14. #59

    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Splash Mountain
    Posts
    7,959
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: In defense of the Princess Fantasy Faire

    ^you said it is wonderful and should not be stopped that made me think you wanted a new show but can live with the meet and greet right now....I am just saying most of the people on the site want it moved as soon as possible and put a show in....we rather don't care if it is moved or not since the princesses can meet any where in the land.

  15. #60

    • Disney is home
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    1,081

    Re: In defense of the Princess Fantasy Faire

    Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    ^you said it is wonderful and should not be stopped that made me think you wanted a new show but can live with the meet and greet right now....I am just saying most of the people on the site want it moved as soon as possible and put a show in....we rather don't care if it is moved or not since the princesses can meet any where in the land.
    I realize that, I just think sometimes people should think of the majority, what non-mice chatters would think and is there a way to preserve the magic that is being made with PFF.

    I'm not one-sided when I argue or comment about something. I look at both sides, I attempt to think of what the overall guest would want and what the majority of Disneyland guests (which includes: tourists, APs, non-APs, micechatters, non-micechatters, cast members, etc.). Just because someone defends something, doesn't automatically mean they are against your argument.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Chat] Ariel at the Princess Fantasy Faire
    By Luke Manning in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 105
    Last Post: 08-29-2008, 06:18 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •