Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

• Disney is home

Re: In defense of the Princess Fantasy Faire

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    So if they have room to make the magic for the little girls and then let the adults (and every one else at the parks) get real entertainment it's a theme Park we pay to be entertained not go to by Princess Products.
    The line "get real entertainment" is a matter of one's opinion. In my mind, both the Story Telling and Royal Coroation are real entertainment and they are pretty special both to the boys and girls that go to it. It's a big deal to kids to have their favorite princess tell them a story and it's also an even bigger deal to them when they get to dance with the princesses themselves. This is very real and very special to them.

Maybe to Disney PFF is about making money on Princess Products, but that's not what it's about to those kids. To those kids, they feel their dreams are coming true.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^I have said not take it away but move it to a much SMALLER location that is not being used. It's like saying keep the Big Thunder Ranch over putting the Western Expansion in yeah we can think of 1,000,000 reasons why it should not be taken down but if it can be relocated and something better be put in then everyone wins, kids do not care where the heck they meet the princesses as long as they can they will be happy. As for adults we miss good old fashion plays that used to be a this location.
    Disneyland is about getting to do things and enjoying them with your family and the Princess meet in Greets have an audience to many of us it's just for fun and does not need a whole theater to tell story's or meet someone.....you just need a couple of feet.

• Disney is home

^^My comment was based off of what you said. You said, "get real entertainment" and I am replying back on that PFF is real entertainment. I'm not against the move, I'm against the idea of people saying PFF is not real or great entertainment. It's very real to those kids. It's also very real to me and I'm an adult. It's real to me, because it helps remind me of what Disney is about, putting smiles on faces and making dreams come true.

I also think people forget PFF is made up of "meet and greets" and the Royal Coronation/Princess Story Time events. A meet and greet can simply go any where, but it's the Royal Coronation and Princess Story Time that do take up a certain amount of space and to me those two items are the heart of PFF.

Donald1980, While I understand what you are saying about the Storytime and Royal Coronation, those are barely real entertainment. I think what people are looking for is something that has more than 5 people, lasts more than 10 minutes, has a story, lots of singing, dancing, elaborate sets, basically like a full fledged 30 minute musical. A lot of people do enjoy the Royal Coronation Ceremony but it's a major entertainment show, it's not like Snow White, Animazement, or any of the other shows that used to be there. Royal Coronation is something that for the most part while enjoyable is easily replaced and not worthy of gracing the Fantasyland Theatre stage as the only real show in Disneyland.

• I'm not really here

Agreed... the Royal Coronation and such, in my book, is akin to streetmosphere.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Disney is home

Quote Originally Posted by mm522 View Post
    Donald1980, While I understand what you are saying about the Storytime and Royal Coronation, those are barely real entertainment. I think what people are looking for is something that has more than 5 people, lasts more than 10 minutes, has a story, lots of singing, dancing, elaborate sets, basically like a full fledged 30 minute musical. A lot of people do enjoy the Royal Coronation Ceremony but it's a major entertainment show, it's not like Snow White, Animazement, or any of the other shows that used to be there. Royal Coronation is something that for the most part while enjoyable is easily replaced and not worthy of gracing the Fantasyland Theatre stage as the only real show in Disneyland.
    Have you read all or any of my comments? I am ALL for a new show to be at the theatre and I actually WANT a new show at the theatre and I've been saying this the whole time. I'm not comparing the two, only simply saying that PFF is great and it's great for the kids. You can't deny that there isn't magic being made or dreams coming true currently at PFF.

• Queen Elsa

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    • Sing'in' Dance'in' Heigh Ho (1987)
    • Circus Fantasy (1988)
    • Show Biz Is (1989)
    • One Man's Dream (December 16, 1989 - April 29, 1990)
    • Dick Tracy starring in Diamond Double Cross (June 15, 1990 - December 31, 1990)
    • Plane Crazy (March 15, 1991 - September 1991)
    • Mickey's Nutcracker (Christmas Seasons 1991 & 1992)
    • Beauty and the Beast Live on Stage (April 12, 1992 - APril 30, 1995)
    • The Spirit of Pocahontas (June 23, 1995 - September 4, 1997)
    • Disney's Animazment - The Musical (June 18, 1998 - October 21, 2001)
    • Mickey's Detective School (2002–2003)
    • Minnie's Christmas Party (Christmas Seasons 2001 & 2002)
    • Snow White: An Enchanting Musical (February 2004 - September 2006)
    • Disney Princess Fantasy Faire (October 2006–present)

Courtesy: Videopolis (Disneyland) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I don't remember any of these other show at all never hear of them. Like I said the only ones I know are Videopolis,Snow White Musical and Princess Fantasy Faire.

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Hook View Post
    I don't remember any of these other show at all never hear of them. Like I said the only ones I know are Videopolis,Snow White Musical and Princess Fantasy Faire.
    Yeah, I only remembered Videopolis, Snow White, Animazement and PFF... but your post got me wondering what else had played there. Quite a number of thing apparently.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Queen Elsa

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    Yeah, I only remembered Videopolis, Snow White, Animazement and PFF... but your post got me wondering what else had played there. Quite a number of thing apparently.
    Yeah I see that. All that is missing is the Many adventurs [ms] Winnie The Pooh the Musical.

HEEHEE Just joking.

• "I Break Things"

while it didn't play there... I still firmly believe the best production Disney has ever put on at Disneyland was Festival of Fools...
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^^^^....over Fantasmic or the 50th Fireworks????

• Disney is home

^^I think he is referring to the type of stage show where performers do the actual talking and singing. While Fantasmic does have actors and performs on a stage, none of the actual peformers do any of the talking or singing.

Talking Re: In defense of the Princess Fantasy Faire

To me it seems that PFF is there more so because of weather, good or bad. This allows for more opportunities to see the princesses, however I would love to see them back at the Castle on a more permanent basis, perhaps they could add some stylish coverings around the walkways or such, and PLEASE give us back the theater. I was amazed at all the shows that have been there before I started paying attention while I was visiting the park. I'm dying for Snow White to come back or an equally great show or I may even settle if they brought back the stage/theatre (behind Big Thunder Ranch) where they had the Hunchback of Notre Dame show in at least the winter of 97.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456