Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• formerly very helpful

In defense of the Princess Fantasy Faire

I know a lot of people have complained/critisized the Princess Fantasy Faire. It's been described as a waste of space, just a meet and greet, and not something for the whole family; just little girls.
    I won't argue this. These are valid points.
    However, as a father of 2 young girls, I do want to call attention to the positives of this attraction. For my daughters, and many other girls, and the adults I've seen there without children, this meet and greet has been done very well. The theming is excellent, and really pulls the guest into the fairytale environment as well as anywhere in Disneyland.
    Also, this has given the kids a place to interact with the princesses in a personal way. Speaking as a parent, I've seen how much happiness the place brings to the girls when they get to meet their favorite princess. I think the environment adds to that.
    Kudos is also given to the young ladies and gentlemen who perform as their attendants. They interact with the children, making a very personal experience.
    I know they've discontinued the show, but when it was on, it included the children in a very interactive way.
    No attraction is sacred. Like any, this will eventually go away. If the land is used in a more creative way for a more "magical" attraction, so much the better.
    But until that day, it's not all bad. For what it is, they've done it well. My daughters and I have some very magical memories of there.

Re: In defense of the Princess Fantasy Faire

It seems like Disney could use the meet and greets a little more creatively. Or at the least more... gender neutral?

I'm in favor of scrapping the Fantasyland Theater for an attraction of some kind or even a condensed version of what WDW is getting in their Fantasyland expansion.

I'm probably just still really jealous that they get a bunch of Beauty and the Beast stuff though.

• Queen Elsa

Well the show didn't really go away it was back for the summer time and Holiday time and I do believe it will be back again for the Summer Nightasmic event this year. As you know I am a big character fan and the Princess are one of my favorite characters to see. Sometime what I do is when I'm in line and a little girl is behind me and I hear the stories how how they never done this or they want to see a Princess they want and if I hear that a character is there I let them go ahead of me cause I know it will make it speaical to them. Like on Dec. 27th when I was in line this little girl and her family where behind me and they wanted to meet Belle the most and that they came all the way from Canada and it was there last day at the park. So when I hear that Belle was in the meet and greet and it was mine turn I told the mother that her daughter can go ahead of me send I have seen them so many times and that Belle would be leaving soon. The little girl was so happy and her mother told me thank you for letting them in. So yes I agree this is a good place for a one on one with the little kids and there Princess.
    Last edited by Capt Hook; 01-07-2011 at 11:41 PM. Reason: fix a mis spell word.

•   
    • Dept. 41 and Club 55

Live entertainment shows are expensive to produce. Money TDA doesn't want to spend.

Meet-and-greets with princesses cost next to nothing to produce, and sell makeovers. Money in TDA's pocket.

The show is running every Saturday and Sunday.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

It's not the worst thing that could happen at the same time....just use Villains Space nar Small World for a Princess Meet and Greet or the Motor Boat Cruise area as soon as we can get more live entertainment at DL then everyone wins.

I agree with a lot of the positives listed. It was almost a 'walk-on' at the end of the Halloween parties.

• Knight that says Nee!!

I am personally glad my daughter got out of her Princess phase before they started the PFF. When she was in that phase we could simply check with a CM and find out when the various Princesses (and where) would be out for M & G and make sure we got there close to that time. We racked up a lot of great pictures with the various royal ladies and (quite often) their accompanying princes/partners.

PFF means (often) a long wait in line to see 3 princesses and you just have to hope they are the 3 your child is interested in.

I prefered it the old way and also it would free up that area to do something else.

• Quiet As A Mouse!

It's a Secret........... Sssssssshhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy Daddy View Post
    I prefered it the old way and also it would free up that area to do something else.
    The way it is done is easier and much safer for the Princess with better control of the line.
    I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Faint of Hearts View Post
    I'm in favor of scrapping the Fantasyland Theater for an attraction of some kind or even a condensed version of what WDW is getting in their Fantasyland expansion.
    Absolutely NOT! Live theatre is an important and integral part of Disneyland entertainment. Having a Princess meet and greet is fine, but it does NOT need to take up all that room. People need to stop accepting that TDA is being so shamefully cheap, and demand that we get more live entertainment in the park. Money is NO excuse for Disney. They're stinking rich and will get no sympathy from me in that dept. I really just wish they would move this somewhere else, and mix up the princesses more. Scrap Mulan (since she's not one by any means!) and feature Pocahontas more. Would also be cool if they incorporated the princes as well. Boys would enjoy meeting Beast and Aladdin, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
    Would also be cool if they incorporated the princes as well. Boys would enjoy meeting Beast and Aladdin, etc.
    I like this idea. Aladdin is a regular but,the other princes kinda got shafted.

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
    Absolutely NOT! Live theatre is an important and integral part of Disneyland entertainment. Having a Princess meet and greet is fine, but it does NOT need to take up all that room. People need to stop accepting that TDA is being so shamefully cheap, and demand that we get more live entertainment in the park. Money is NO excuse for Disney. They're stinking rich and will get no sympathy from me in that dept. I really just wish they would move this somewhere else, and mix up the princesses more.
    ^THIS.

I also have no problem with PFF except I feel it's in the wrong venue. I don't want it to go away, just moved to utilize the grand space for something else. Every time I ride the train and we pull up to the Toontown station, I'm always taken back by the sheer amount of empty space and empty seats in the theater while the princess stuff is happening on the ground level. Surely there is somewhere else the princess faire can be moved to so the theater/arena could be used for a people eating attraction/show.

• Quiet As A Mouse!

It's a Secret........... Sssssssshhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Raindown View Post
    I like this idea. Aladdin is a regular but,the other princes kinda got shafted.
    I saw Beast out on Christmas Eve and Prince Phillip is out on many occasions.
    I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"

Quote Originally Posted by The Disney Ninja View Post
    I saw Beast out on Christmas Eve and Prince Phillip is out on many occasions.
    I've seen Beast and Phillip randomly, but nothing regular like Aladdin.

• keh!

Quote Originally Posted by sbk1234 View Post
    The theming is excellent

it is? well i've never been fully into the area, i've only seen the entrance areas and parts of of the stage from... well backstage. and i've only gotten the impression that it looks cheap. maybe i need to go through the entire thing, but uhh.... no. that will never happen.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast