Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Disney fans for life!

The membership levels have changed twice since we have been on the waiting list. Corporate members pay the big bucks while they still have a personal membership less than 10K.

You get free entry into the Park for you and your guests as long as you plan on dining at the Club that day.

We can make our final decision when/if they contact us and give us the going terms at that time. We're still waiting...

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by WDI
    Cell,

A Great point As a DVC member myself I have longily waited for a DVC property at DL. As a matter of fact I am holding off on purchasing more points for my Florida club in hopes of a California club coming into existence. However the Hilton Head and Vero Beach Properties taught Disney a valuable lesson on why people purchase timeshares from them in first place. It becuase there proximity is near or attached to the parks we want to visit. The attraction is not the "timeshare" itself but the Parks!

And it took managers building two of these resorts elsewhere to learn there lesson :confused: .

Well we can at least hope they add on another wing to the Grand California Hotel or Purchase another hotel outright ?? but in reality I don't think we will see a DVC club until plans are in place for a 3rd gate??

I am betting not until 2010 or so before expansion is talked about again for anaheim. So right now my hopes and dreams reside in a field of strawberries

WDI
    Well you know, I do think they are beginning to look at the idea...

The brought their cruze liner over to do California based cruzes...

They are looking to expand vacation packages to the western attractions out side of DL...

VC's in California have worked... particularly in the Lake Tahoe area...

It has nothing really to do with a 3rd gate, really... which I think would be a water park... But I think it would actually improve the 2nd gate...

The VC with a spa like what they are trying to do with their Sarasota Springs Resort, would be an attraction in and of itself... and if you build it along side what would be a Water park/cabana for a 3rd gate... I think it would work...

I personally almost bought into the DVC, but I didn't think it had enough of a California Benifit to be worth my leasure dollar... I felt it would be better to invest in a AP and use the discount to build my own DVC... I did notice on the website they are offering discount Vacation packages to AP members now... Could this be a test of a DL DVC? It is possable...

And to be honest I don't picture myself heading out to Florida every year... California is a huge vacation market... I don't see why they wouldn't want to, other than the fact that land here is a heavier premium for the "singles and doubles" profit model of Eisner to work with a VC... So the risk is higher...

But I really do believe that the market is there...
    Check out my other blog:

• Minion

I also had a question floating around the crags of my subconsious...

If as a Club 33 member... Where do you park?
    Check out my other blog:

• Disney fans for life!

Valet at the DL Hotel...

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DznyVan
    Valet at the DL Hotel...
    Ahhh.... Of course....
    Check out my other blog:

• Hiding from the Sheeple

Quote Originally Posted by AP2CM
    Actually, Disneynut, two memberships were cancelled last year because they were SOLD ON EBAY, which is against the club's bi-laws. Check your facts before you post, please.

My facts are actually very straight, and it makes me wonder what position you had in those cancellations in order to make such a statement. Does the club have evidence that the members were selling such or was it related to other issues and the club is using that as an excuse? Are you sure that those were the only memberships that were cancelled?

Seems as though you are being mighty defensive for some reason. I am more than happy to back up my allegations with facts. As a matter of fact, I have pending litigation against certain people associated with Club 33 and would welcome the chance to subpoena you if you have additional information to provide.

I would welcome the opportunity to discuss at length (and with documentary proof) all of my allegations. Please feel free to let me know if you would like to have an intelligent, informed discussion of the true facts.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Disneynut
    My facts are actually very straight, and it makes me wonder what position you had in those cancellations in order to make such a statement. Does the club have evidence that the members were selling such or was it related to other issues and the club is using that as an excuse? Are you sure that those were the only memberships that were cancelled?

Seems as though you are being mighty defensive for some reason. I am more than happy to back up my allegations with facts. As a matter of fact, I have pending litigation against certain people associated with Club 33 and would welcome the chance to subpoena you if you have additional information to provide.

I would welcome the opportunity to discuss at length (and with documentary proof) all of my allegations. Please feel free to let me know if you would like to have an intelligent, informed discussion of the true facts.
    Hey now, calm down... I don't understand why you would want to discuss the facts of your case here if you have one... You might want to talk to legal consult first... You may jeapordise your case...
    Check out my other blog:

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Legs
    Hello I got this in my email I thought I would share this.It has info on History of Club 33, how to join, and also some recipies.

Club 33

Club 33 membership is within the reach of anyone who is willing to pay the annual dues, and wait and wait and wait for a coveted spot to open up. Members tend to stay for the long haul some as long as 38 years so new openings are few and far between! However, that patience and investment are richly rewarded by a Disneyland experience truly unlike any other. If you'd like to learn more, you can write and request an information packet and application at:

1313 Harbor Blvd.
    Anaheim, CA 92802
    Attention: Club 33

Also To get a taste of Club 33, try Chef Marcel's magnificent dessert treat.
    Oh yeah Treats Yummy

I have just been schooled... nice... I never knew that!

• Know More Than You Should

Ah, yes, Club 33. I hope to go there this year. You can go so long as a member makes a reservation for you; they don't actually need to be there.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Helping build Tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Club 33
    I hope to go there this year.
    Your not the only one-zero.
    -Monorail Man

• Know More Than You Should

Quote Originally Posted by Monorail Man
    Your not the only one.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

Interesting thread. I have recently decided that I might go ahead and apply for membership in Club 33. Frankly, it's a little beyond my means at the present... but given the waiting time, I view it as an incentive to "make it."
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• CM for 4 years!

Tom, once you get membership, will you invite me for a day? I'll save up money and treat you to a meal!

• For old time sake

Ahhh, Club 33. When I hit lotto, I'm applying. I miss knowing a member!!!!
    Katie
    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!

Lunch actually costs $50 and not $30. The food is a bit improved recently (or so I am told).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast