Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Hooterville, USA

You know, I'm a little miffed that we can't dine there. DL isn't about corporations or the affluent, so to say that I as an individual can not dine there because I don't have $10,000's, is ludicrous. Especially when you think about the other choices of restaurants, you would think that DL could let the average guest in to dine. Make it $100.00 a plate, but let us in! I don't think Walt would have gone to this venue if he was still here. Just my opinion.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Fastpass Hater

Quote Originally Posted by WDI
    Not everything at Disney is slated to make a profit

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas
    You know, I'm a little miffed that we can't dine there. DL isn't about corporations or the affluent, so to say that I as an individual can not dine there because I don't have $10,000's, is ludicrous. Especially when you think about the other choices of restaurants, you would think that DL could let the average guest in to dine. Make it $100.00 a plate, but let us in! I don't think Walt would have gone to this venue if he was still here. Just my opinion.
    Well, the whole point of Club 33 is to keep it as an elite experience, otherwise it is just another room with food (which is ironically what many of my friends complain that Club 33 is). Although Walt was a daddy who wanted a place to take his little girls, he likely also fancied having a place where he could escape from them and most other people for a truly "grown up" experience. I have been to Club 33 and will tell you it is a very nice experience, but it is only truly special because it is hard to get into. Food wise, Napa Rose and Catal are probably even better in many respects. I think Club 33 is great, but it is not the be all and end all (nor is it as bad as some people make it out - they are usually those who wouldn't care in the first place).

• Hooterville, USA

Quote Originally Posted by whippedcream
    Well, the whole point of Club 33 is to keep it as an elite experience, otherwise it is just another room with food (which is ironically what many of my friends complain that Club 33 is). Although Walt was a daddy who wanted a place to take his little girls, he likely also fancied having a place where he could escape from them and most other people for a truly "grown up" experience. I have been to Club 33 and will tell you it is a very nice experience, but it is only truly special because it is hard to get into. Food wise, Napa Rose and Catal are probably even better in many respects. I think Club 33 is great, but it is not the be all and end all (nor is it as bad as some people make it out - they are usually those who wouldn't care in the first place).
    I think someone should invite me so that I will change my opinion. Anyone?

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

I went about 9 years ago, was interesting.

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    well, I am thinking of putting my name on the waiting list- if it makes anyone feel better, the dues are billed as monthly installments. It also gives you an account to charge things too and you never have to pay for admission again, as long as you eat at the club while you are there.

Maybe in 5 years when my name comes around I will be independently wealthy enough to justify the expense
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

Left the church, but not the parishioners.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Chaney
    I have recently decided that I might go ahead and apply for membership in Club 33. Frankly, it's a little beyond my means at the present... but given the waiting time, I view it as an incentive to "make it."
    I've been thinking about this too. I'd love to celebrate my 33rd birthday at Club 33 on my own membership. However, that's just 1.5 years away. Even if I made it through the waiting list in that time, the money might not be there by then..... hmmmm. But, it'd be good incentive to save!

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyphile
    I've been thinking about this too. I'd love to celebrate my 33rd birthday at Club 33 on my own membership. However, that's just 1.5 years away. Even if I made it through the waiting list in that time, the money might not be there by then..... hmmmm. But, it'd be good incentive to save!
    Didn't anyone tell you that you have to celibrate your 33rd birthday 4 months late, so you can be 33 1/3?

I just got an informal invitation to go to a private party at Club 33... I don't know if it going to happen... All I can say is that it would be cool if it happened...
    Check out my other blog:

Left the church, but not the parishioners.
    Quote Originally Posted by cellarhound
    Didn't anyone tell you that you have to celibrate your 33rd birthday 4 months late, so you can be 33 1/3?
    Oooh!! Hey, that'll buy me a few extra months. Ah, who the heck knows?? I'll write for an info packet and see what happens.

I just got an informal invitation to go to a private party at Club 33... I don't know if it going to happen... All I can say is that it would be cool if it happened...
    Ooooh!! Very cool! Hope it happens for you!

• Metal Head

Quote Originally Posted by Disneynut
    Despite what everyone is told, Club 33 is not doing well financially. Mary Niven (Chief loser of food and beverage) and her minions Jeff Plumb (the absentee manager) and Russel Trahan (My wife got me my job / Guest Services Manager) are having a tough time keeping the place booked. It does not matter how many members you have if they do not make reservations for guests. This is a very cleverly worded "AD" designed to look like a story. They seem to have lots of space open now that they are in the habit of taking members money and cancelling memberships without cause. God forbid if a "member" complains that he does not like the current buffet set-up or was overcharged for a party. As stated previously, this is the one area of the park that Matt has not fixed. Mary Niven needs to be promoted to some far away island and I am here to lead the campaign!
    You consider it an area of the park? I always considered it a place for celebs to hide out from the fanatics.
    How much longer will it take
    For the world to see.
    We should learn to live
    And simply let it be.
    Bloodstone, bloodstone.

• Metal Head

- Membership wait time is approxiamately 7 years right now. Disney recently increade the number of memberships from 400 to 470 which drastically reduced the queue time for the wait list.

All it takes to get on the list is an application and 500 bucks to hold your place on the wait list. the 500 dollars is non refundable of course and is applied to your first years membership dues upon acceptance.

1st years dues are 10K plus some minor sub costs.

What you get is free entry into the park 365 days a year for you and your guests!!! sounds good right!!!

Waht you also get is the cost of feeding yourself and all your guests at 30 dollars plus per plate for a Lunch Buffet. Even more for dinner.

But Club 33 is'nt really about Value so much as Cachet, it is really cool place to entertain guests at the park and the ambience, drinks, food and all are really quite fun, not to mention the special events they hold as mentioned in the article.

It is really an extrodinary place.
    WDI
    its like buying a box at angel stadium. HMmm still kinda wierd :devil:
    How much longer will it take
    For the world to see.
    We should learn to live
    And simply let it be.
    Bloodstone, bloodstone.

• Padawan

L.A.-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain
    the operations cost for Club 33 are very small and based on the # of Members and the 10K per year they spend on membership dues (470 X 10K = 4.7 Million per year)
    I was under the impression that the initial "buy in" membership dues are $10K, but the annual dues are much less... is this not true; i.e. is it really $10K per year, every year?? I'm seriously thinking about getting on the list. You only live once!!

:confused:
    --Jonathan

• Hiding from the Sheeple

Quote Originally Posted by DOOM BGI
    I was under the impression that the initial "buy in" membership dues are $10K, but the annual dues are much less... is this not true; i.e. is it really $10K per year, every year?? I'm seriously thinking about getting on the list. You only live once!!

:confused:

Dues last year were $3,250.00 for the individual gold membership. The initiation fee was somewhere around $7,500.00.

• a kiss for a thimball

Escondido CA (1hr 15min from door to parked!)
    hmmm... I may also decide that I want to do this... does anyone know that if when your name comes up can you stay not now and still have the option of picking it up again in like 2 years??
    -Miss Wendy Lynn

The second star to the right
    Shines in the night for you
    To tell you that the dreams you plan
    Really can come true

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123