Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Lurker No More!

ABOMIBOT's "Valloweentine's Day" Phototastic Trip Report

My partner and I got back from an awesome HalloweenTime trip last fall and before we had a chance to post our trip photos it seemed like Xmas had already taken a steely grip on all the forum thread topics a bit early. Not that I'm complaining. But it seemed prudent to wait to post my tardy report after all the sugar coated festivities had passed. So I guess its Halloween in January! And since Hallowresident's Day doesn't have that great a ring to it I present to you a little trip report in photos I like to call:

--- VALLOWEENTINE'S DAY! ---

Part One of Two

What do you suppose is going through that kid's head right about now? I betcha every synapse is firing on overtime!

We have attempted to minimize the number of photos we've included that we categorize as "documentation." All you guys have taken and shared so many awesome photos the last thing you need is the same dang thing taken with our camera, right? But a Main Street Station photo is an unavoidable inclusion, don't you think? Besides it was so cloudy for most of our trip I couldn't resist a few photos with pretty skies.

That's us. I'm the man in black.

This pictogram always make me crack up. I mean which one looks more fun to you? Amirightoramiright?

Thank you, anonymous conductor guy, for giving me one of the most awesome cast member photos ever! I hope to someday meet you again and thank you.

More "documentation." Sorry. Old habits die hard.

I have to admit I was not always a fan of Jungle Cruise. These days I love it.

A self portrait! This was our first trip since the Rivers of America had been redone. By October it had really grown in and looked lovely. We had such a great trip around the bend we stayed on for a second in a row!

Hello, random family. You look like you're having a blast!

This is my "Mmmm BBQ!" face.

I'm reminding him here to not forget to try the goat trick.

You've heard of the goat trick, right? Try it next time without holding on and with a camera to your face. I call it the ohmygoshimgonnahurlonmycamera trick.

Oh, and the only thing I love more than animatronic animals is animatronic animals with visible access panels! Seriously!! I heart them. It reminds me of the artifice of it all.

Whee!

I am embarrassed to admit I've been going to Disneyland since the 80's and this is the first time I saw this show. Loved it. Laughed and laughed. And this is coming from an eye-roller from way back.

Suddenly we knew what all those lozenges have felt like.

I love Storybookland but sometimes I wish they'd just drive the boat through in silence. I think it might be more magical with just some music.

Layers and layers and layers of speckles.

This is the only iPhone photo in this whole bunch. All the rest were taken with a Nikon d5000.

This was the first time I'd seen Great Moments. Short, sweet and awesome.
    Much prefer it to the Hall of Presidents.

She appears to be in judgment of tarps. I don't blame her.

I love this marquee and I love the photo but can you see the layer of filth on poor old Pinocchio? Or is that an intentional patina... Hmmm... Please don't accuse me of being too picky about this. I actually think the photo is ten times more awesome because of the gunk all over his hat and hands. And without a zoom lens I suppose it might never be noticed.

I took this photo specifically for when people ask me what I love so much about Disney Parks. It's not a complete answer. But its a great start to one.

Rawr. Ima eat u.

Apparently, Jack Skellington is also a decorator.

One thing we always try to do is take a seat and just soak in the atmosphere. Putting on the brakes and enjoying a calm moment in the midst of all the sound and fury is magical. And you notice fabulous details you may otherwise miss.

I was enjoying the parade (cavalcade) so much I took very few usable photos. But I do love my mummy.

Here we are in all our electrified glory. We called our costumes MickeyTron: Legacy and we were walking, celebrity battery packs. We re-made an idea we had in 2008 for a WDW trip (report here). The best part was we doubled the amount of EL Wire we used before. The bad part is that we also doubled the number of batteries we had strapped to our heads and bodies and feet.

We took tons of photos and video both of our two Mickey's HalloweenTime Party nights and the whole making-of process. We'll post a video and photos of how we did it later this spring.

End of a long day. Those candy bags were filled, by the way.

- End of Part One -
    ABOMIBOT
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Personal Site ABOMIBOT.com | Professional Site Playhead.com | Follow My Tweets
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: ABOMIBOT's "Valloweentine's Day" Phototastic Trip Report

AWESOME pics!!! Thanks for posting. Looking forward to part 2!
    Well Gawrsh!

Great pics, can't wait for more! Thanks : )

• Lurker No More!

Part Two of ABOMIBOT's "Valloweentine's Day" Phototastic Trip Report

- Part Two of Two -

"Its a new dawn, its a new day and I'm feelin' good."

Took this from within a Mickey's FunWheel car but the lens is zoomed in so far the cage becomes invisible.

Dang that grasshopper looks PO'd.

This is the definition of a great ride. We are grown men who've ridden this countless times and yet we're whooping and squealing like kids.

Up. Side. Down. Boy you spin me. Inside out. Round and round.

I was so looking forward to ElecTRONica but the one night we had available to go it was raining. Of course we went anyway but it - wait for it - dampened the mood.

It was a Red Dawn.

See how hard it was coming down?

Laserman!

I was so excited I bought $20 worth of Flynn's tokens. And ended up not wanting to spend any of them. Maybe in ten years I'll try and peddle them on eBay but for now I have 80 tokens gathering dust in a Ziplock bag.

And now please excuse the obligatory WoC series. I tried to keep it to a bare minimum.

I know all you SoCal regulars are probably over it by now but I have to say World of Color is AWESOME! It goes on and on and on for crying out loud.

I don't care how much it costs or how long it takes they need to drain Epcot's World Showcase lagoon and put in a 360 degree version of this. Or something. My jaw was sore from staying agape through the whole show.

And we'll leave it here for now... we settle into our seats for the Tron: Legacy preview in 3D. Too bad the movie itself wasn't nine minutes. It looks gorgeous and sounds incredible but in my humble opinion that's about all its got going for it.

Thanks for having a look at our photos and we'll have a full MickeyTron: Legacy report as soon as its ready, promise!
    ABOMIBOT

• Yeah.....

Your camera.
    I want it.

Great trip report, I loved every second of it!

• Lurker No More!

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Didymus View Post
    I want it.
    It's a magic camera. Thanks for the reply SD.

And you, too, Jbean & DisneyGoof!
    ABOMIBOT

• The Study of Wumbo

Great pictures!

Disneyland Paris's "Le Pays de Contes de Fees" canal boats actually have no narrator, just musical cues and large books with text.
    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Really beautiful photos man, great work...thank you for sharing.

• Future Skipper

Oh my gosh... these pictures are amazing... I don't think words can do them justice. Do you have them posted on another website in large sizes so I can use one as my wallpaper?

• Lurker No More!

Sorry JungleCruiseFan this 1280x720 size is the largest I have posted publicly right now. Thank you for the awesome compliment!

Regions Beyond: Thanks so much! I am a quiet admirer of the many amazing photos you share. Maybe next time I won't be so quiet now that we've "met."

Wumbology: DLP is definitely on my to-do list!
    ABOMIBOT

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

Great pictures! Thank you for sharing. I really enjoyed that second one of WOC. Looks so different love it

• Lurker No More!

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalFan View Post
    I really enjoyed that second one of WOC. Looks so different love it
    Thanks SoCalFan! I felt like that was one of only two that didn't look like every other WOC photo. I'm relieved I'm not the only one!
    ABOMIBOT

• Proud owner: 50th Tiki

Wow, your shots are some of the best I have seen posted here! Perhaps you have a couple more to share???

Awesome pics, thanks! Love the CM pic - cutie.

• Lurker No More!

Thanks Bryce! (I think so, too.)

Quote Originally Posted by RPDigger View Post
    Perhaps you have a couple more to share???
    Thanks RPDigger! These are pretty much the ones I want to share from that trip. But just for you I'm posting a couple that didn't make the first cut. Since you ask.

And we also have a ton of photos and video yet to share from our MickeyTron: Legacy costume experience but that's going to take a while to prepare... probably until around first bloom. Or second.
    ABOMIBOT

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast