Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Forgotten Spirit

Re: Who else thinks Constance is AWESOME?

How is Constance's story shoved down our throat? Its pretty much an updated and more prominent/reimagined version of the "inside"/"cast member" story of the Haunted Mansion. I do agree that she could be fixed and look more updated akin to WDW's version, but overall she only changed the attic scene. People are so nitpicky.

• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

What Datameister mentioned has bothered me, too...the incongruity of the 999 happy haunts, and Constance who is clearly intended to frighten you. The story never seems quite right, either.

Personally, I prefer the old beating heart bride. It wasn't a mind-blowing special effect, and it wasn't part of a 'story', but it sent chills down your spine yet still blended in with the rest of the ghosts.

• Forgotten Spirit

People forget that The Haunted Mansion is a big hodgepodge of ideas, I don't think Constance ruins the ride, enfact it adds to the atmosphere of the ride, the whole idea just hasn't been perfected yet. I could go out of my way and say that the conservatory shouldn't be in the ride because the outside doesn't have a big glass area, or that the house in the graveyard scene is completely out of proportion.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    I also think HBG2 has made a good point in other threads: Constance is sort of at odds with the central idea of the attraction. All the other ghosts are kind of...enjoying death together.
    Well, yes,this is true of the banquet hall and graveyard scenes, but not all of the rest are happy haunts...for example, the corridor of doors spirits seem slightly agresive and menacing, and the old pop up heads were deliberately more in the frightening vein. As for the Bride, she has been solitary in all her incarnations...merely in the old days, she either had a group of other random ghost there to startle guests, or mocking her (I dooooooo) while the wedding march played. Whether she was viewed as sad and lost or eerie and menacing, she pretty much always has been a character removed from contact with the other ghosts...the problem with Constance lies not with her backstory or being "evil" I think, but the execution of the effect plus some silly expressions and writing of the dialogue. A good marriage would be plussing the projection effect, her face, and axe but truncating the dialogue or making her entirely silent and leaving the husband portraits intact.
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

• =)

Quote Originally Posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
    Well, yes,this is true of the banquet hall and graveyard scenes, but not all of the rest are happy haunts...for example, the corridor of doors spirits seem slightly agresive and menacing...
    This is true, but again, that's the first part of the attraction, when the tone is intentionally creepier. Lots of spirits that you can't quite see, and they all seem rather frightening...but then you get to the ballroom and graveyard (with the attic in between), and things become much more lighthearted.

...and the old pop up heads were deliberately more in the frightening vein. As for the Bride, she has been solitary in all her incarnations...merely in the old days, she either had a group of other random ghost there to startle guests, or mocking her (I dooooooo) while the wedding march played. Whether she was viewed as sad and lost or eerie and menacing, she pretty much always has been a character removed from contact with the other ghosts...
    A good point. I suppose it's just...more overt than before. I also think the original attic was rather imperfect. It's always been my least favorite scene, though I still enjoy it. There's something about it that just doesn't quite do it for me. (The exception being another relative newcomer: the shadow pianist. Love that guy. )

A good marriage would be plussing the projection effect, her face, and axe but truncating the dialogue or making her entirely silent and leaving the husband portraits intact.
    I think that'd work wonderfully.

• Banned User

I like her. Never thought too much about it until I read this thread lol, but she's cool and add another element to the ride! I actually knew nothing about adding her until I saw her in person in 2006. It was a nice suprise!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Disney "Colorful"

Our Kitty is named contance

Web-hosting: 3dxhosting.com | Blog: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr | Facebook: Cakvala

• Disney/WWE/Anime fan

Quote Originally Posted by DLFreak71 View Post
    She's not a native to the park. She was a quick, forced storyline created by the current management added in 2005. She didn't exist prior to 05.
    which now leaves me wondering now who was in the escalator/exit space before constance O.o

• =)

Quote Originally Posted by MrHatboxGhost View Post
    I could go out of my way and say that the conservatory shouldn't be in the ride because the outside doesn't have a big glass area, or that the house in the graveyard scene is completely out of proportion.
    I'd say those are concerns about the imaginary layout of the house and grounds - interesting* trifles, but trifles nonetheless. The potential issues that I stole from HBG2's far more eloquent posts are about tone, message, and story structure - far more relevant to enjoyment of the attraction. Again, though, I'm not sure it's really a problem, or that it's unique to this incarnation of the bride character. Just something interesting to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFan28 View Post
    which now leaves me wondering now who was in the escalator/exit space before constance O.o
    Are you referring to the so-called Little Leota in the wedding dress in the exit crypt? She's always been there. Constance is the more or less life-sized bride in the attic, and she replaced a silent bride that used to stand on the opposite side of the track.

* When I say interesting, I mean interesting. A few years back, I tried on several occasions to construct theoretical layouts of the "real" haunted mansion, as if the attraction just depicted an actual house with some artistic license in the layout so a dark ride could fit inside. It didn't work, but it was a fun project!

Does anyone else, after she says "I do... I did", Say "I do baby!"

I think constance is sexy... I almost lose my head thinking of her.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

Actually, that Spaceship Disneyland thread I made a long time ago-I altered the story at the suggestion of someone else in the thread, to turn it into a video game instead, and Constance became very important to the story, actually being the last villain the hero faces before Chernabog.
    The five worst crimes in the world, in no particular order, are genocide, rape, murder, torture, and flash photography on Space Mountain.

• Minion

...I'm more of the RedHead fan...

• ---------------

Quote Originally Posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post
    I liked it better when stories weren't shoved down our throats. My own imagination--and the fears I create within it--beats the imaigneers' any day.
    Totally agree!
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Batman with a Gun

Bel Air, California, United States, United States

She stands out ridiculously compared to everyone else, doesn't thematically fit the attic and just looks fake. You can tell it's just a flat projection on a lifeless mannequin.

• ---------------

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFan28 View Post
    She's been tagged as mini leota.
    Constance was never part of the ride.
    The only names mentioned in the ride are leota and ghost host
    All other characters were name less (she was just called the bride)
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast