Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Who else thinks Constance is AWESOME?

Constance is probably my favorite villainous character native to the parks. She's probably the reason I love the Haunted Mansion so much and why I'm so sad when it's closed or in Burton-mode. Any other Constance fans on these boards?
    The five worst crimes in the world, in no particular order, are genocide, rape, murder, torture, and flash photography on Space Mountain.

•   
    • Support MC - Go GOLD!

Re: Who else thinks Constance is AWESOME?

Quote Originally Posted by Omega View Post
    Constance is probably my favorite villainous character native to the parks. She's probably the reason I love the Haunted Mansion so much and why I'm so sad when it's closed or in Burton-mode. Any other Constance fans on these boards?
    She's not a native to the park. She was a quick, forced storyline created by the current management added in 2005. She didn't exist prior to 05.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

The technology has great promise and I have no issues with the backstory or idea of the character. I think they could make her better still by fixing some of the lingering tech issues (how flat she looks, for one) and making her slightly more ominous and melding the beating heart/more mysterious elements back in.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by DLFreak71 View Post
    She's not a native to the park. She was a quick, forced storyline created by the current management added in 2005. She didn't exist prior to 05.
    She's native in the sense that she's entirely a creation of WDI is what he's getting at, I'm pretty sure.

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

Who else thinks the old heart bride was AWESOME?

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    CaptainEO,ATIS: Have you ever heard that rumor that Elvis is alive, and well, and owns a bakery in Seattle? Yeah, that's total crap. Now if you where to tell me Michael Jackson was alive, and well, and owns a MiceChat account in Las Vegas, that I would believe!

I love constance. I think the fact that you can't see her arms is okay... she's a ghost. I think adding a beating heart in the actual mannequin would make it look much better. I think they did a terrific job on the story line.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Minion

The "I do. I did." and "Till...death...do us part." lines always give me chills.

• formerly very helpful

I t hink she's a pretty neat effect. It does create a real creepy feeling there.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by sbk1234 View Post
    I t hink she's a pretty neat effect. It does create a real creepy feeling there.

YEAH I agree Constance is cool .. but at first I had not picked up that she had off’d each of her husbands. It took me a few times through to figure it out..

• Closed Account

I liked it better when stories weren't shoved down our throats. My own imagination--and the fears I create within it--beats the imaigneers' any day.

• keh!

that skank's aight...

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEO,ATIS View Post
    Who else thinks the old heart bride was AWESOME?
    Got to say i agree I like the beating Heart Model better my self

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

I just find the way Constance says her lines is silly and along with the expessions on her face. I like the old beating heart bride better because she was silent and looked sad. Not evil and "smiley".

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    CaptainEO,ATIS: Have you ever heard that rumor that Elvis is alive, and well, and owns a bakery in Seattle? Yeah, that's total crap. Now if you where to tell me Michael Jackson was alive, and well, and owns a MiceChat account in Las Vegas, that I would believe!

• =)

First and foremost, I appreciate the effort that went into developing and implementing an original character with a neat backstory and everything.

But like RegionsBeyond, I think there's room for improvement with her flat appearance. I also think HBG2 has made a good point in other threads: Constance is sort of at odds with the central idea of the attraction. All the other ghosts are kind of...enjoying death together. The prisoner and his executioner are singing the same song, Julius Caesar is partying with ghosts from all sorts of eras, etc. The joke is on us, because we've been getting creeped out by all the less overt spiritual phenomena in the first part of the attraction, but then the ghosts materialize, and it turns out death is just one big macabre party. Constance is different in that she's not chillin' with her victims...she continues to be vindictive, while their ghosts are nowhere to be seen. It's more sinister. Is that a problem? Meh...not a big one, IMO, but it's interesting to think about. The only big problem is the flatness of her face and especially her arms, which are essentially projected onto a flat surface.

(Oh, also, I do have a thing for the eerie silence of the previous incarnations of the attic bride. But those incarnations were mixed bags, too, mostly because of how stiff and mechanical they were.)

• failure for lunch

When I first saw the effect, I was impressed. It was the first time in a while I felt
    Disney was taking a risk and doing something dark.

...then about a month later I get my hands on the backstory written about the Haunted
    Mansion and hated the effect ever since.
    Bullets for Breakfast
    Join the party. Face the music.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast