Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Tom Chaney R.I. P.

stupid things people say and do in DL

I spent 2 days last week at DL, and listining to and watching people say and do really stupid things. the two things that stick out this time are.

the stupid people behind us on the train talking about how they were going to go over to "California town" they used thois about 5 times, when my wife asked them if they have been on TOT over at California Adventure, they said where is california adventure at.

The Stupid people on Small world in front of us. The father of a two year old was so busy with his camera he did not say a thing when his son was jumping up and down on the seat, when the boat comes out of the building the boy jumpes out of the boat, and runs along side of it. The CM working the ride yells at the dad get your kid and the father just sits there doing nothing.

How do people like this even manage to make it from day to day??

• no flash photography...

Re: stupid things people say and do in DL

idk....I get weird looks everytime I got to DL...I must be saying or doing stupid stuff all the time...my most recent non thinking comment. I bought a quicksilver jacket, because I was cold...LOL..I put it on in the store after I purchased it and said, "OMG it's so warm and it doesn't ave anything disney on it!"....yeah that got a few looks...I'm not sure why...not everyone wants to wear all disney stuff...right?

• A Pirate's life for me!

While waiting for Mickey's autograph on Main St one day, we had an asian lady come up to us and ask us if we knew where SNOOPY was, so she could get his autograph too!!! It took her a couple of tries, but we finally realized that she was indeed, saying Snoopy!

We looked at her (kind of funny like) and said, "sorry, wrong park, Snoopy doesn't live here!".

At least we held back our laughter until she was out of ear-shot!

• Give Peace a Chance

Oh, I did one of the all time dumbs one year. This does not involve Disney. In a hurry I went into a Carlton Card Shop (not paying attention, I just knew I was walking into a card store) I was trying to find a particular Hallmark ornament for a girlfriend. I looked & looked and couldn't find any Hallmark ornaments at all.
    Finally I stopped a sales girl and asked "Do you sell any Hallmark ornaments here?
    She paused for a moment and said "I don't know, let me ask."
    She then called out to her manager, "Do we sell Hallmark ornaments?
    Her manager then looked at her strangely and and said; "No! This is a Carlton Card Shop!"
    Well at least I had my answer.
    ~ MickeysGirl șoș
    ~ Gotta Love the Mouse! șoș

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

"Why doesn't Pirates of the Caribbean have any of the characters from the movie". Well, it looks like all the people who asked this question are finally getting what they want, BLAST!!! @$*#.
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

• All? NO, ALL!

I think they should rename Autopia as "Autotopia" and Star Tours to "Star Wars" simply because a majority of Disneyland's visitors are illiterate or are sydlexic. And yes, I hate it when people assume Pirates is based on the movie instead of vice versa. You can't tell it's old?!
    Last edited by Evan; 11-21-2005 at 08:40 PM.

• that's right!

Wow, it's almost Disneyland attracts some casual guests, not all of whom are fanatics who post on a message board constantly!

Post Re: stupid things people say and do in DL

Quote Originally Posted by squinky
    Wow, it's almost Disneyland attracts some casual guests, not all of whom are fanatics who post on a message board constantly!
    Great reply! I agree... not everyone knows EVERYTHING about Disney, and Disney parks. Yes, certain things are because of some people being lazy (which I agree with, is very annoying and dumb), but in general guests just come to have fun and might get some names/locations/characters/whatever wrong once in a while.

Not that big of deal...
    -Wes

• Disney Nazi

Well being from Australia i get for the other American tourists all sorts of great questions whilst in line ... like do we ride kangeroos, do we use eculyptus leaves as toilet paper etc etc etc.... then there are those that just ask questions about Austria .... you know Australia, Austria they sound similar so they must be the same right ?
    "Lies make baby Jesus cry!"

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

"They put in a loop!" - waiting in line for Space Mountain after it's lengthy refurb, on it's first soft opening day.

And I guess I should consider this a compliment (which I do appreciate), but...as I was speeding through the fastpass line of Splash Mountain, a mother and her little girl were standing in the stand-by line, and the mother points me out to her daughter and says, "Look, isn't that Sleeping Beauty?!" Rather sweet of mother, but I really wasn't dressed remotely like Aurora, excluding the fact that I was wearing one of those plastic gold DL crowns and a pink boho skirt. *shrugs*

*edit*

I've also seen people standing by the moat of the castle, some trying to convince or ask others if the swans are animatronic. Gives me a good laugh, it's fun to watch. hehe
    Last edited by pineapplewhipaddict; 11-21-2005 at 09:21 PM.

• Playtester

Today we were waiting in the stroller line at the back of the tram, when a family with a double stroller and a single stroller come and stand at the yellow line next to the tram. The CM tells them they either need to get in the stroller line (about 3 strollers) or to fold up their strollers. The girl looked at the guy and said "That will take so long we might as well walk, except I don't know where to go". So, I told them. As we were on the tram and the next tram (which they probably would have been on), they were walking twards the parks. We got our laugh.
    It's Just me, Jenn.
    "Crowded classrooms and half-day sessions are a tragic waste of our greatest national resource - the minds of our children." ~Walt Disney

• All? NO, ALL!

I even made a bet with my friend because his (what everyone thought was his) girlfriend (also my friend) is the granddaughter of Jack Lindquist. They insisted Space Mountain would open with a loop and would not take "No it's not for an answer." I was right, and now he refuses to give me $10. I think it was all in fun anyways, though.

While in line for "Space" earlier this year, a guest in front of me said, to his group: "Now in Florida, "Space Mountain" is in the "EPCOT" place, only there its inside the giant globe!".

• Where's Push?

Quote Originally Posted by Evan
    I think they should rename Autopia as "Autotopia" and Star Tours to "Star Wars" simply because a majority of Disneyland's visitors are illiterate or are sydlexic. And yes, I hate it when people assume Pirates is based on the movie instead of vice versa. You can't tell it's old?!
    I actually mistakenly called Star Tours, Star Wars this past weekend, while I was talking to the lead singer of 80'z All Stars. DOH! I felt stupid. It took me a few to realize what I said.
    Take Care,

Brenda

• Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Rissa_thehost
    Well being from Australia i get for the other American tourists all sorts of great questions whilst in line ... like do we ride kangeroos, do we use eculyptus leaves as toilet paper etc etc etc.... then there are those that just ask questions about Austria .... you know Australia, Austria they sound similar so they must be the same right ?
    Don't feel too bad... most Americans don't even realize that New Mexico is one of our states. Besides, most of what Americans know about Australia comes from Crocodile Dundee and Steve Irwin. Oh, and also Fosters and Outback Steakhouse.

One time, I was at a nearby Steak 'n' Shake and this family from New Zealand had just came from Portsmouth, OH (about an hour away) to Columbus. They were in a conversation with the waitress, she said that they didn't do something here... the father said, "But they do it down in Portsmouth." Her reply: "Well, this is Ohio, not Portsmouth!"

Portsmouth is only one of the most commonly known cities among Ohioans, after all...
    -Tim

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast