Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

•   
    • Minion

Private Party from thursday 01-13-2011

Hello,

I had the opportunity to go to the park after hours so I decided to post a trip report. I wanted to go on everything that was open but I fell short as I made re-visists to my favorite rides of course I will psot some pictures i tokk. usually I take a lot of pictures when i go but since we had the park to our self I didn't want to just take pictures for a change and left my "real camera" at home.

Ticket and wristband for the event

We got to the park about 6:30 PM and decided to hit Great moments with Mr Lincoln. I actually haven't done this ever so it was a first which is amazing for the amount of times I go to the park After that took a quick trip into the main street cinema and watch some of the shorts for a couple mins.

After that we booked it to toontown as it would be closed for the party and rode Roger rabbit, the gadget coaster and Met Mickey!

After that we hit Iasm it is still in holiday mode.

Then we headed to TL and hit Autopia and Space mountain 3 times in a row it was at 10 mins for the wait so it was a walk on pretty much

After Space mountain we made our way to Buzz and rode it twice and i get a new high score of 713k!!!

As we crossed over mainstreet to hit Adventureland I took pictures of how empty mainstreet looked at 10PM !!

We went into adventureland and the Tiki room was closed for the event so we went on the jungle cruise and thhen hit Indy 3 times which barely had a wait.

After that we walked onto pirates and then headed over to Critter county to knock out Splash mountain and Pooh

Then we made our way to BTMRR and I snapped a shot of the Riverboat sitting there peacefully

Went on Thunder mountain once as we saw we were eating up time with ride repeats!

After that we winded our way to Fantasyland and hit Casey Jr, Dumbo, Peter Pan, Snow White, Pinocchio, Mr Toad, King Arthur, Alice, and the tea Cups.

My roommate on the teacups

Roommate on Dumbo

Me on King Arthur First time I remember ever being on it

After that we realized we had only 40 mins left and decided to hit our favorites again rather than finish off our list. The Matterhorn was down all night which stunk that's one of my favorites. We went over to space mountain for another spin the to the Jungle Cruise where we were the only two on the boat. I even got to do a couple of scenes i was horrible! I did the part with the Bengal Tiger and the African bull elephant it was priceless lol. And here you see a 10,000 Lb Bengal tiger they have been know to jump over 35 feet, but don't worry skipper we are 10 feet away and it will jump way over us Below is the picture of our empty boat lol He kept saying I would tell you to watch out for your children but it looks like you lost them already.

and we ended the night with INDY again. Overall a awesome trip never had the park that empty. Below is som photos i took as we were leaving. hope you enjoyed!

Last edited by biggsworth; 01-15-2011 at 02:01 PM.

• DLR Cast Member

Re: Private Party from thursday 01-13-2011

Great report. BTW, it's "Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln", not "Great Times...". The latter sounds like a sitcom starring Jimmie Walker as JJ.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by RiversOfAmerica View Post
    Great report. BTW, it's "Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln", not "Great Times...". The latter sounds like a sitcom starring Jimmie Walker as JJ.
    My Bad!!! edited it!

• Minion of Chernabog

Those pictures are creepy. Main Street without throngs of screaming children, yelling parents, and somehow still sheer happiness all around.
    The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing - Walt Disney

Shut up and get to work - Me

My Flickr:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/130606029@N05/

• Quiet As A Mouse!

It's a Secret........... Sssssssshhhhhhhh!!!!!!

I heard about this private party?? What was it for?
    I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"

• A Weather Eye Open

the grocery stores private party, right?
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

•   
    • Minion

Was for Safeway/Vons

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Thanks for sharing these great pics! How fun to be in the park and have it almost all to yourselves!

• wishing upon a star :)

Thanks for posting! That's so cool that the park was that empty! And the Jungle Cruise thing was hilarious! That's awesome that you were able to be a co-skipper

• Banned User

You were there too, I got there with my family right when they allowed us in at 4 and we stayed till 1230, we hit everything, sence my parents sister and brother in law go to disneyland for the party once a year I was basically the tour guide lol, we started in adventureland and worked our way around, everyone had a blast, I work for Pavillions, I didn't see anyone I knew

• True Disney Freak

We made the error of jumping on Indy early in the evening, the wait was almost 60 minutes. Which we didn't realize until we were already committed to the line . Other than that had a great time, rode everything we wanted, the kids danced on Main Street and we enjoying Fantasmic with seats right up against the ROA.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by mickeygirl66 View Post
    We made the error of jumping on Indy early in the evening, the wait was almost 60 minutes. Which we didn't realize until we were already committed to the line . Other than that had a great time, rode everything we wanted, the kids danced on Main Street and we enjoying Fantasmic with seats right up against the ROA.
    Yeah i wasn't sure how the lines were going to pan out but now I know for next year!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • The Future is in RED?

Moving, somewhere in time...but mostly stuck in SoCal in the County of Orange

That was awesome! Great Trip Report!

Timekeeper
    Now the Tower of Sauron has fallen
    Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.

wow, loved the photos of a nearly empty disneyland!

• scared of the sun

great report, those photos of the partners statue are great. thank you for sharing them

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast