Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Minion

Harbor Blvd. entrance question

What is that supposed to look like once the new addition to the California Adventure park is completed? Will it continue to be a big ol' barricaded area with Parking Lot CMs standing there?

Re: Harbor Blvd. entrance question

From an older update from Al, that entrance will be history, most likely covered with shrubs and green mesh fencing.

• Minion

Those parking CMs that stand there all day have the easiest job in the park or at least it appears that way.

Quote Originally Posted by ExJungleSkipper95 View Post
    Those parking CMs that stand there all day have the easiest job in the park or at least it appears that way.
    If being bored is considered easy.

The thing about working in the parks (or outside in this case) is that it stinks when it's busy and it really sucks when it's slow. Boredom is almost as bad as being busy. Also, theres much more stupid people than you think. Some people lack common sense.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Senior Monorail Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Disneytwins View Post
    The thing about working in the parks (or outside in this case) is that it stinks when it's busy and it really sucks when it's slow. Boredom is almost as bad as being busy. Also, theres much more stupid people than you think. Some people lack common sense.
    Or the ability to read big flashing "Do Not Enter" signs...

You can only try right?
    WELCOME ABOARD
    THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

they really need to tear out that ugly marquee and close of most of that entrance. if they need to keep an access road one lane should be sufficient.

imagine how much more room they could have had to build the backstage buildings closer to the farthest point of their property if that had been done early on. Would have left more room for park expansion like hidden showbuildings.

Who designed the Harbor entrance bus transportation hub thing? I remember reading in an update a while ago that the architect claimed to have never set foot in a Disney Park, am I getting my facts straight?

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

I've heard the story that a designer of some sort took pride in never having set foot in a Disney park, but I forget who or what that was about.

• =)

I've heard that said in reference to the designer of the shuttle dropoff area next to the esplanade...I think this thread is about the area where the Toy Story Lot buses enter. It's further south. Could be the same designer, though. And in any case, I don't know whether it's true or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    I've heard the story that a designer of some sort took pride in never having set foot in a Disney park, but I forget who or what that was about.
    That would be landscape architect, Martha Schwartz… I like most of her stuff, but there's a reason she's divorced (her attitude).

Quote Originally Posted by villagecreator View Post
    That would be landscape architect, Martha Schwartz I like most of her stuff, but there's a reason she's divorced (her attitude).

Ya, I agree, she has done some really cool stuff. What happened at Disneyland!?

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    imagine how much more room they could have had to build the backstage buildings closer to the farthest point of their property if that had been done early on. Would have left more room for park expansion like hidden showbuildings.
    I get where you're coming from on this, but they would still need an access road to get backstage, to and around those new buildings. So if the buildings had been closer to Harbor, there would have been a road in front (west) of them. As it is now, the road is behind them (east).

So hopefully in the future when they expand, they can build a show building or other theming almost flush up against them on the west side. And that won't have wasted too much space.

• Nerd

Quote Originally Posted by BlueEyedCub View Post
    Who designed the Harbor entrance bus transportation hub thing? I remember reading in an update a while ago that the architect claimed to have never set foot in a Disney Park, am I getting my facts straight?
    Its been evolving over about a 20 year period
    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

• Nerd

Not so much...nowhere to go for a break or potty, not close enough to the backstage area for lunch, clocking etc...its kind of a pain. plus super boring equals a really long shift. I think they rotate them pretty regular thank goodness.
    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast