Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17
  1. #1

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Mission Viejo
    Posts
    1,126

    Harbor Blvd. entrance question

    What is that supposed to look like once the new addition to the California Adventure park is completed? Will it continue to be a big ol' barricaded area with Parking Lot CMs standing there?

  2. #2

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    283

    Re: Harbor Blvd. entrance question

    From an older update from Al, that entrance will be history, most likely covered with shrubs and green mesh fencing.

  3. #3

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    San Bernardino Mountains
    Posts
    1,278

    Re: Harbor Blvd. entrance question

    Those parking CMs that stand there all day have the easiest job in the park or at least it appears that way.

  4. #4

    • Junior Member
    • Online

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    4,843

    Re: Harbor Blvd. entrance question

    Quote Originally Posted by ExJungleSkipper95 View Post
    Those parking CMs that stand there all day have the easiest job in the park or at least it appears that way.
    If being bored is considered easy.

  5. #5

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Too Far From Disney
    Posts
    3,497

    Re: Harbor Blvd. entrance question

    Quote Originally Posted by ExJungleSkipper95 View Post
    Those parking CMs that stand there all day have the easiest job in the park or at least it appears that way.
    The thing about working in the parks (or outside in this case) is that it stinks when it's busy and it really sucks when it's slow. Boredom is almost as bad as being busy. Also, theres much more stupid people than you think. Some people lack common sense.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

  6. #6

    • Senior Monorail Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Anaheim Hills, CA
    Posts
    1,455

    Re: Harbor Blvd. entrance question

    Quote Originally Posted by Disneytwins View Post
    The thing about working in the parks (or outside in this case) is that it stinks when it's busy and it really sucks when it's slow. Boredom is almost as bad as being busy. Also, theres much more stupid people than you think. Some people lack common sense.
    Or the ability to read big flashing "Do Not Enter" signs...

    You can only try right?
    WELCOME ABOARD
    THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!


  7. #7

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    5,601

    Re: Harbor Blvd. entrance question

    they really need to tear out that ugly marquee and close of most of that entrance. if they need to keep an access road one lane should be sufficient.

    imagine how much more room they could have had to build the backstage buildings closer to the farthest point of their property if that had been done early on. Would have left more room for park expansion like hidden showbuildings.

  8. #8

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Anaheim, CA
    Posts
    14

    Re: Harbor Blvd. entrance question

    Who designed the Harbor entrance bus transportation hub thing? I remember reading in an update a while ago that the architect claimed to have never set foot in a Disney Park, am I getting my facts straight?

  9. #9

    •   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    9,021
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Harbor Blvd. entrance question

    I've heard the story that a designer of some sort took pride in never having set foot in a Disney park, but I forget who or what that was about.

  10. #10

    • =)
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    13,290

    Re: Harbor Blvd. entrance question

    I've heard that said in reference to the designer of the shuttle dropoff area next to the esplanade...I think this thread is about the area where the Toy Story Lot buses enter. It's further south. Could be the same designer, though. And in any case, I don't know whether it's true or not.


  11. #11

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    283

    Re: Harbor Blvd. entrance question

    Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    I've heard the story that a designer of some sort took pride in never having set foot in a Disney park, but I forget who or what that was about.
    That would be landscape architect, Martha Schwartz… I like most of her stuff, but there's a reason she's divorced (her attitude).

  12. #12

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Anaheim, CA
    Posts
    14

    Re: Harbor Blvd. entrance question

    Quote Originally Posted by villagecreator View Post
    That would be landscape architect, Martha Schwartz I like most of her stuff, but there's a reason she's divorced (her attitude).

    Ya, I agree, she has done some really cool stuff. What happened at Disneyland!?

  13. #13

    • Junior Member
    • Online

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    4,843

    Re: Harbor Blvd. entrance question

    Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    imagine how much more room they could have had to build the backstage buildings closer to the farthest point of their property if that had been done early on. Would have left more room for park expansion like hidden showbuildings.
    I get where you're coming from on this, but they would still need an access road to get backstage, to and around those new buildings. So if the buildings had been closer to Harbor, there would have been a road in front (west) of them. As it is now, the road is behind them (east).

    So hopefully in the future when they expand, they can build a show building or other theming almost flush up against them on the west side. And that won't have wasted too much space.

  14. #14

    • Nerd
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Posts
    2,364

    Re: Harbor Blvd. entrance question

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueEyedCub View Post
    Who designed the Harbor entrance bus transportation hub thing? I remember reading in an update a while ago that the architect claimed to have never set foot in a Disney Park, am I getting my facts straight?
    Its been evolving over about a 20 year period
    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror



    Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

  15. #15

    • Nerd
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Posts
    2,364

    Re: Harbor Blvd. entrance question

    Quote Originally Posted by ExJungleSkipper95 View Post
    Those parking CMs that stand there all day have the easiest job in the park or at least it appears that way.
    Not so much...nowhere to go for a break or potty, not close enough to the backstage area for lunch, clocking etc...its kind of a pain. plus super boring equals a really long shift. I think they rotate them pretty regular thank goodness.
    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror



    Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Question] Is the Monorail along Harbor on Disney propery or city property?
    By Mojave in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 12-31-2010, 11:30 AM
  2. Question about hotels w/ proximity to Downtown Disney
    By Yoon in forum So. Cal. Hotel Reviews
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-01-2009, 08:17 AM
  3. Parking Lot Question off-Harbor
    By snappy in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-23-2007, 09:11 AM
  4. DL Parking question
    By Radiobarry in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-22-2006, 07:34 AM
  5. Disneyland ParkHopper Will Call Question
    By Circarama in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-03-2005, 05:01 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •