Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Exclamation Urgent! Need pet name!

Hey everyone-

Tommorrow I am going to the shelter to pick up my beautiful new Bouvier! Yeah for me! Anyways I have wanted a bouvier forever but I only pictured myself with a boy dog. Therefore I have only thought of boy dog names. Roxie is the name that the shelter gave her but I need some type of name to do with Disneyland. Notice how I said Disneyland not Disney. I need a name that would most likely pay some type of tribute to a ride that is currently in the park or a ride from the past. Some of the names I was thinking about if it was a boy dog would have been Master Gracey and Captain Nemo. Mr. Toad and Tom Morrow were runner ups. I am also open to names from all of WDW and California Adventure (yes I'm one of the few who LOVE that park :-) So far I have come up with a couple of names but I really don't like them that much. They are:

Kungaloosh
    Figment
    Calafia (my fiance said no to this one already due to the ugly factor of that statue... don't tell me you don't agree on that one!)
    Colette,Suzette, Mimi, Fifi, Gigi (one of those)

Please help me. I'm picking her up tomorrow 11/21 !!! Thanks sooo much!

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Re: Urgent! Need pet name!

Flik
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

I suggest Rex. Congrats on your 1,500th post, ALIASd.
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Oh I just love Figment and Kungaloosh!!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• That's Hawt

Snow?

Belle?
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• And, THEN she said...

OHH a Bouvier Des Flanders! I miss grooming those...The breed clip is so fun to do! and they make the dog just POP and get noticed everywhere you go..

As for names..hmm lets see..

I really like Calafia..

the only ones that come to mind for me are strong Irish names..good luck let us know how she does in getting to know her new forever home!

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Quote Originally Posted by DL_CRAZE
    Congrats on your 1,500th post, ALIASd.
    Thanks for noticing, I hadn't!
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Since you originally wanted a HM name...Leota?

• Disney Nazi

Kronk

Hellboy

Merlin

Faust ( the name of my cat)
    "Lies make baby Jesus cry!"

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

Tink
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• Gay Man

I'm trying to think of something Dutch/Flemish but am coming up with nothing.

The only thing I can piece back goegraphically close to her origins is The Little Mermaid - not quite right. But, Ariel would be a cool name.

So that leaves the French origins and there are LOTS of Disney French connections. Walt Disney was of French origin. Belle is nice and classic. Aurora is one of my favorites.

Oh, I don't know. I'm usually better at this.

• CM for 4 years!

A dog name kind of has to be good and solid, for telling them to come and stuff. Either one syllable affirmative or two syllable ending in a "-y" sound I think are best.
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• "Always On The Move..."

The only thing to remember, even with Disney names is that whatever you name your new baby...that personality will defintely come through.

Case in point. My 5-year old black male rescue shorthair cat, Mushu. Yup, named after a certain little dragon in Mulan. AND lives up to his name. Hyper, demanding, sulks when doesn't get his way AND tries to fly without wings by jumping from a sitting position onto my 9-ft high built in plant shelves in my house. Also, "talks" non-stop and complains about everything while demanding the world pay attention to HIM!

My other "child", Stitch is a 1 1/2 year old black longhair male rescue cat, who also lives up to his name. He would prefer to throw himself into a ball and literally roll instead of run. Is into everything. Love to "stomp" on things and destroy them. Sneaks laps of black tea/or coffee and is hyped outta his mind afterwards...Needs a squirt from the water bottle to calm him down. Can't jump worth beans, but can literally climb up a wall. And absolutely must be loved and cuddled at all times...in fact DEMANDS to be held on his back, like a baby. He also makes that weird..."urrrrrrrr" sound that Stitch does in the film. While he can be calm and loving one sec..the next he is off racing around the house destroying everything in sight and I swear, laughing the entire time. At this point in time, he is affectionally known as "the Experiment" or "626" And the strangest part...he started having problems with his front feet (unbelievably long hair hid the pads) and actually had extra paws growing on the bottom of them (which prevented him from walking normally and eventually had to be removed) So, Stitch had 4 front feet and we are still waiting for the antanae to pop up. My little alien boy.

(He was originally supposed to be named Aragorn.. but there is absolutely positively NO dignity in this little ball of fur whatsoever...Stitch fits him perfectly)

So, remember...stop and really think which name you want...cause the little fuzzballs will defintely grow into them.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

We always try for ethnic names, matching with the breed--so when we had a Scottie, he was Tavish, and now a Corgi, we have Penelope. Try to go ethnic, like Not Afraid suggested, I think.

peace and good luck,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

• Dont make me unfriend you

Do you know the names of the Jungle Cruise boats or Story Boat boats? Name her after one of those boats.

How about "Mrs Jumbo" ?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast