Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• =)

WOC extended opening musical sequence!

Don't get your hopes up - to my knowledge, WOC hasn't changed. But I wanted to pass along this link. Apparently, when Disney recorded the opening sequence for the show, it was almost two minutes longer than what we got.

The sound quality gets pretty bad in a couple of parts, but there's still some really great music in there, especially toward the end.

So, aside from simply pointing out this video to some folks who'd be likely to enjoy it, I was curious what everyone thought about it. How do you like the unused music? Do you think Disney made the right call in removing it, seeing as how the show is already pretty long? Is this old news? Are there any videos or animatics of the choreography for the unused music? What do you think would have come immediately after this - the original version of the Little Mermaid sequence? Discuss!

Re: WOC extended opening musical sequence!

pretty sure a lot of the deleted stuff was when little squirt would have been the main focus

maybe its the sound quality - but i don't really care for it. seems too quiet and doesn't flow very well. I think i'd need to hear a better quality to make a more informed decision. but based on this.....meh

• Closed Account

The scene was originally between Tinkerbell and Little Squirt, with Little Squirt then 'dancing' with the blue fountains.

It was cut because it simply wasn't working - brought the show to a screeching halt. Won't be coming back ever.

The instrumental part sounds like it would have gone with Alice in Wonderland. I also say this because at the end of World of Color, it shows characters and scenes previously shown in the show in order of appearance, and before Little Mermaid, it shows Alice falling.

15 minutes from the park that started it all

Eh, its different..
    Like it how it is though, and a 30 minute show is about the right lenght

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by Beatledude64 View Post
    The instrumental part sounds like it would have gone with Alice in Wonderland. I also say this because at the end of World of Color, it shows characters and scenes previously shown in the show in order of appearance, and before Little Mermaid, it shows Alice falling.
    Nope. 'Alice' came after "April Showers" (the segment that is now in front of 'Pirates').

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

Quote Originally Posted by Ummmmm, No View Post
    The scene was originally between Tinkerbell and Little Squirt, with Little Squirt then 'dancing' with the blue fountains.
    It was cut because it simply wasn't working - brought the show to a screeching halt. Won't be coming back ever.
    That's too bad. The music piece sounds very good. I wish they would've kept it and fixed the problem rather than drop it all together.

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    CaptainEO,ATIS: Have you ever heard that rumor that Elvis is alive, and well, and owns a bakery in Seattle? Yeah, that's total crap. Now if you where to tell me Michael Jackson was alive, and well, and owns a MiceChat account in Las Vegas, that I would believe!

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEO,ATIS View Post
    That's too bad. The music piece sounds very good. I wish they would've kept it and fixed the problem rather than drop it.
    It wasn't really a 'fixable' problem. It just wasn't great. The entire creative team made the decision (before Iger even saw the show) to cut it. Little Squirt died very early on in the programming process.

• LOL!!!!!!! (MC teen joke)

I really like it, too bad it was cut. Oh well. lol
    The Original Teen Scene of MiceChat:
    fangalicious44 padgerfan monorailorange33 SS77 A113 animekiti4christ DapperJoshua Performerinwaiting MainStreetJake dmtnt55 MikeSkellington
    JungleCruiseFan Ckelef1 Incrediboy The Disneylander GummiBearsRock iskategoofy *disneyprincess* stevo505 Dragonfire Colorized DisneyLove littleactressann Kritter

• =)

I can imagine how it would have really slowed down the show, and based on how I imagine Little Squirt's contributions, I definitely support the removal of those segments. Still, once the music gets to the 12/8 segment marked Flowing, it's just glorious all the way to the end. It's a pity it had to end up on the cutting room floor, so to speak.

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Quote Originally Posted by Beatledude64 View Post
    Lilo & Stitch are also shown in that medley of characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Ummmmm, No View Post
    Nope. 'Alice' came after "April Showers" (the segment that is now in front of 'Pirates').
    Then why is she first in the medley of characters finale when all the characters from the show are placed in order of their appearance? I'm just genuinely curious.

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by Quacky4Donald View Post
    Then why is she first in the medley of characters finale when all the characters from the show are placed in order of their appearance? I'm just genuinely curious.
    Because of the Cheshire Cat.

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Regarding the topic at hand, I think "those in charge" made the absolute RIGHT decision in cutting this instrumental piece down to a shorter length. Towards the end I felt it stretching for way too long and found my attention "wandering".

• Please pull the yellowtab

A shame they couldn't work out the programming and thereby include this original opening music sequence.

I do believe in fairies. I do. I do.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast