View Poll Results: Which DLR Park Would Be Best For A Marvel Super Heroes Universe Land?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Disneyland

0 0%
  • DCA

6 8.57%
  • A Third Theme Park Land

20 28.57%
  • A Fourth Theme Park Land

9 12.86%
  • The super hero theme might be good for one or two attractions, but not an entire park.

10 14.29%
  • Just let me experience the land on Wii in my hotel room.

2 2.86%
  • None. The idea super stinks.

31 44.29%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Re: Which DLR Park Would Be Best For A Marvel Super Heroes Universe Land?

third gate.

X-men themed land

Avengers themed land

Villians themed land

New York City themed land

That's all I got. haha

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by nish221 View Post
    None. Put it in WDW.
    I could'nt have said it better myself.

• Minion

bulid a third a park to marvel park
    I have a problem with dyslexia, but if you will please bear with me, I would love to participate in the conversations here at MiceChat. Thanks for your understanding! - Matthttp://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo[URL=http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDisneylandfan4ever?feature=mhumfeature=mhum#p/u"]http://www.youtube.com/user/matt4mickey123?feature=mhum#p/u[/U- Mattșoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șo[disneyland repctive of the wedsday show dca eathen brithday 282 by mickeyfan4ever1234, on Flickr

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Kritter View Post
    third gate.

X-men themed land

Avengers themed land

Villians themed land

New York City themed land

That's all I got. haha
    You're the first that's offered a breakdown of the possible lands for a Marvel superheroes park. Your design looks great to me - if an entire park were to be built, Kritter. Hope you don't mind my suggesting a Stan Lee Street and hub for a way that guests can branch off to the lands of their choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark544 View Post
    I could'nt have said it better myself.
    WDW can use all the help it can get in terms of new theme park venues. Universal is becoming a viable force for Disney to reckon with.

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan4ever View Post
    bulid a third a park to marvel park
    Check out Kritter's idea above (along with my added augmentation). i think this would be totally cool - should a full-fledged Marvel park be built, as opposed to simply a land. Mind you that I still prefer limiting a superhero theme to a land...and as a part of a fourth gate.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Nutty about Disney parks

Due to DCA's retheming, incorporating any Marvel into that park would no longer work.

If Disney were to build a Marvel park I really would not want them to put the Disney name on it. That is just my opinion not to be taken harshly. But I could see potential for a full thrill park devoted to the Marvel brand. It would just be too weird to see Disney's name all over the inside of it but they could still gain all the profit and still provide transportation to this park by Disney and still be part of the AP admission etc. The employees can still be considered CMs too. Heh.

• Once upon a dream

I voted none. Marvel does not have the Disney feel nor will it ever. Merch is enough as it is.

Let's actually have an original 3rd gate instead of an ugly, unmagical land based towards boys......

Thank you Solitary!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    Due to DCA's retheming, incorporating any Marvel into that park would no longer work.

If Disney were to build a Marvel park I really would not want them to put the Disney name on it. That is just my opinion not to be taken harshly. But I could see potential for a full thrill park devoted to the Marvel brand. It would just be too weird to see Disney's name all over the inside of it but they could still gain all the profit and still provide transportation to this park by Disney and still be part of the AP admission etc. The employees can still be considered CMs too. Heh.
    I hear you, toonaspie. Disney's Marvel Superheroes Adventure sucks toe nails.

Quote Originally Posted by Babs09 View Post
    I voted none. Marvel does not have the Disney feel nor will it ever. Merch is enough as it is.

Let's actually have an original 3rd gate instead of an ugly, unmagical land based towards boys...... That is just a recipe for disaster.
    This is why I suggested to make it a land at the most (such as that of Universal's IOA)...definitely not an entire themepark.

I'd say its probably best to just build a stand alone Marvel themed park vs trying to incorporate them into any of the Disney parks.

Disney owns marvel and there is no reason why Disney as a company can't build and operate theme parks not based on Disney characters and themes, however if they built such a park, I think it would be best to leave the Disney name off it and call it something else.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

The Avengers Compound was located in Southern California. There would have to be a timeline jump, but it has happened before at Disney parks. Put it as a "secret base" and keep it all out of external view, hidden away in a show building.

[cheesy, cliche idea alert] Or keep to a 1940s theme and have an Army Recruiting facade and we could all "volunteer" to become temporary super soldiers alongside Captain America.

With so many not wanting to see Marvel int he parks, maybe Disney could revive an idea from the mid-1990s. Marvel was planning a chain of stores known as The Marvel Action Universe.
    "The Marvel Action Universe will consist, inter alia, of the sale of comic books, trading cards, software, licensed or Marvel produced merchandise, the use of electronic games and/or pinballs or other coin operated games, and may include one or more virtual reality and/or simulator ride using Marvel characters or other themes."
    Source: MARVEL AGREEMENT BETWEEN MCA INC. AND MARVEL ENTERTAINMENT GROUP

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    The Avengers Compound was located in Southern California. There would have to be a timeline jump, but it has happened before at Disney parks. Put it as a "secret base" and keep it all out of external view, hidden away in a show building.

[cheesy, cliche idea alert] Or keep to a 1940s theme and have an Army Recruiting facade and we could all "volunteer" to become temporary super soldiers alongside Captain America.

With so many not wanting to see Marvel int he parks, maybe Disney could revive an idea from the mid-1990s. Marvel was planning a chain of stores known as The Marvel Action Universe.
    "The Marvel Action Universe will consist, inter alia, of the sale of comic books, trading cards, software, licensed or Marvel produced merchandise, the use of electronic games and/or pinballs or other coin operated games, and may include one or more virtual reality and/or simulator ride using Marvel characters or other themes."
    Source: MARVEL AGREEMENT BETWEEN MCA INC. AND MARVEL ENTERTAINMENT GROUP
    The future Captain America movie should help build a larger following for him. you have a fantastic Captain America attraction concept here, lazyboy.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by jsmith11618 View Post
    I'd say its probably best to just build a stand alone Marvel themed park vs trying to incorporate them into any of the Disney parks.

Disney owns marvel and there is no reason why Disney as a company can't build and operate theme parks not based on Disney characters and themes, however if they built such a park, I think it would be best to leave the Disney name off it and call it something else.
    I don't know. A park that you have to hide doesn't sound like it would stand much of a chance for success.

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    I don't know. A park that you have to hide doesn't sound like it would stand much of a chance for success.
    Wouldn't be hiding it, it would be a Marvel park that happens to be owned and operated by Disney, and would simply have a Marvel theme and name.

• Sock Puppet

Blog Entries

I voted none.
    I do not want Marvel in the Disney parks.
    Make a Marvel park, but not attached to Disneyland please. Thats just my opinion.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jsmith11618 View Post
    Wouldn't be hiding it, it would be a Marvel park that happens to be owned and operated by Disney, and would simply have a Marvel theme and name.
    Starting with The Avengers and Iron Man 3, Marvel Studios' films will begin to start opening with a castle. Slowly but surely, the associate is going to be known.

• Banned User

I'd definitely like a full on Marvel park... as long as it's actually well themed and immersive,as opposed to a bunch of roller coasters with names attached to it. Granted,I'm a tota lcomic book geek, but that was my first thought when Disney purchased Marvel.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast