View Poll Results: Which DLR Park Would Be Best For A Marvel Super Heroes Universe Land?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Disneyland

0 0%
  • DCA

6 8.57%
  • A Third Theme Park Land

20 28.57%
  • A Fourth Theme Park Land

9 12.86%
  • The super hero theme might be good for one or two attractions, but not an entire park.

10 14.29%
  • Just let me experience the land on Wii in my hotel room.

2 2.86%
  • None. The idea super stinks.

31 44.29%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Re: Which DLR Park Would Be Best For A Marvel Super Heroes Universe Land?

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    DLR needs a third gate with a specific stand-out theme - not another hodgepodge sounding name. We need something huge - such as Disney Sea-West or WestCOT or AnimalCOT (a cross between EPCOT and Animal Kingdom).
    Wait did you just say not another hodgepodge and then offer DisneySeaWest or AnimalCoT or Westcot? WHAAA?

• Parking Lot > DCA

Hong Kong or Tokyo.

Somewhere where I will never visit, preferably.

• Mouse at work

I would think that a variety of Marvel characters could potentially fit in with all the Disney parks, at least in California.

Captain America - He could potentially walk around the park because even though he's maybe 20ish years after the Victorian theme, he could still fit. There could also possibly be a USO show where that street dancing show is in Hollywood Land. The USO show could be based on the USO shows that Captain America does in the new Captain America movie, except maybe a bit more updated.

Iron Man - Iron Man could fit in Tomorrowland over in DL where Innoventions currently is. The attraction would be similar to Innoventions, except it wouldn't have Microsoft as a sponsor because Microsoft fails. Instead, the attraction would be an original Disney attraction based on the Stark Expo we saw in Iron Man 2. The story would be that Tony Stark is hosting the Stark Expo and everyone is invited. There would even be a look-alike Tony Stark introducing the Stark Expo to everyone just like in the movie, with his father, who is just like Walt Disney, in the videos showing the old expos. After the introduction, you will be invited to walk around and look at the "future of innovation." You will be able to see Tony Stark's Iron Man suits, and "future technology" that Disney itself has built, which is all theoretical, of course. It would be just like how Tomorrowland used to be during Walt Disney's time.

X-men - There could also be an X-men attraction/show in Tomorrowland. This attraction would teach you about mutants and their abilities. While in this "class" about mutants and evolution, Magneto and his forces attack the building, causing the building to shake. The X-men are called in to assess the situation but need help. They want the audience to help, but the audience doesn't have any powers. Luckily, the professor has been doing research to turn people into mutants. He gases the audience with this gas that turns the audience into mutants. In front of each guest, a screen lights up and shows you what powers you have. Then, you have to "battle" Magneto and his forces using the controller in front of you. After Magneto and his forces have been destroyed, the attraction/show is over. On your way out, you get a print-out of your mutant card, telling you what your powers are using similar technology that lets you email your pictures to yourself at BLAB. Also, you would get to meet the actual X-men team and talk to them and play around with them.

Anyways, these are just ideas, and it's not like anything like this would ever happen. I know most of you don't exactly like Marvel in the parks, if not anywhere near Disney, but this is just my theory of what Disney could possibly do without angering too many people.
    "Ian, in life, whatever you do, DO NOT give up your dreams and goals of the past, present, and future and only then will you be successful!" - Walter Elias Disney

• Minion

The real problem with putting Marvel in the California parks is that most of them are based in New York City.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

DCA's Hollywoodland, no question.

I would say wherever it would make the best sense in. So I guess I would have to say third DLR park. Although it could be its own area in Disneyland, there's not really any room for something like that.

15 minutes from the park that started it all

Personally, I would want to keep Marvel just out of the Disney parks. I know that this notion will probably not last long, but, just i dont know, just when I think of Marvel, Disney isn't in the top few things that come to mind (at least not yet).
    We'll see what the future holds for the two...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123