Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Disney Clothing for the Big, Tall and Plus Sizes - Where?

Where can one find something in a Disney character tee, for example, that's more than a 2X? Is there some place in the parks, or stores, or online you've found that sells any kind of character or park logo stuff in maybe a 4XT for the men like me, or plus sizes for the lovely ladies?

If Disney is missing our market, they're missing out on a good chunk of coin I'd think.

Any thoughts or help, greatly appreciated!

-- Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Re: Disney Clothing for the Big, Tall and Plus Sizes - Where?

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    Where can one find something in a Disney character tee, for example, that's more than a 2X? Is there some place in the parks, or stores, or online you've found that sells any kind of character or park logo stuff in maybe a 4XT for the men like me, or plus sizes for the lovely ladies?

If Disney is missing our market, they're missing out on a good chunk of coin I'd think.

Any thoughts or help, greatly appreciated!

-- Barry
    I believe disneyshopping.com (if that's still the website...they've changed the name a few times)

http://www.disneystore.com/28-ringer...79315/1000228/
    The shirt link is in XL, XXL, 3 XL and day 4 XL
    (I guess Disney charges extra for 3 XL and 4 XL)
    Last edited by DLFreak71; 01-20-2011 at 10:50 PM.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Banned User

The largest sizes we carry is 3X, and it can sometimes be hard to find and sometimes just doesn't come in that size. And yes, 2X and up is usually $2 more.

• Resident Fantasmic Guru

I was able to find a 3X WoC hoodie at World of Disney, and it had the old DCA logo too. Must have been there fir a bit as all the smaller sizes had the new name/logo.
    "A Journey Beyond Your Wildest Imagination..."

I haven't checked recently, but last year we were able to find a few shirts that were 4x. We had to ask a bunch of CMs, but they finally found two styles at WoD in Downtown Disney, a DCA 4x shirt at their main gift shop near the entrance (blanking on the name) and another shirt in one of the connected shops next to the lockers at DL.

...Or it might have been 3x. :-/

• Minion

Last time I was at the park (It has been a few years) I found a 3x Starwars shirt (Stormtrooper Helmet w/Crossbones) and a "Bowling" shirt that features Mickey, Goofy and, Donald Playing Pool. I belive The Starwars one was in the Star Trader and the bowling shirt was on main street. I did have to ask a CM for some help, But you get used to it when your 6'8.

•   
    • Minion

I really wish Disney would get real about this...

The larger sizes are for athletic builds... And there is no where in the park for extended sizes... Is it because they don't want bigger people wearing their shirts?
    Check out my other blog:

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DLFreak71 View Post
    I believe disneyshopping.com (if that's still the website...they've changed the name a few times)

28 Ringer Mickey Mouse Tee | Tees | ProductDetailPage | Disney Store
    The shirt link is in XL, XXL, 3 XL and day 4 XL
    (I guess Disney charges extra for 3 XL and 4 XL)
    Thanks for the link. To be sure, the selection is very limited. And for those of us who are tall as well as big, XL"T" would be favorable, but I guess we'll take what we can get.

None of the park-specific shirts I saw on the site came in anything more than 2X, sadly.

I can lose the weight, yes (400 plus pounds) but I'll always be tall, 6'5". And at least one other person here is taller than me!

Have they done studies and just determined that there's not enough of a market? You would think, with people getting "bigger" on average, that they again are missing out on an untapped market.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cellarhound View Post
    I really wish Disney would get real about this...

The larger sizes are for athletic builds...
    Well, to be honest that's not true in my case, but... one day I will have a more athletic build...

My family is big and tall and familiar with the frustration of finding clothes in the right size at the DLR. It seems 3X is the largest size carried. However, all 3X's do not fit the same. Some fit like a 2X, some like a 4X. Recently I picked up a 3X sweatshirt in a clothing store half way down Main Street that fit like a 5X. So be sure you to try it on before dismissing it as being too small. The sports jersey type shirts seem to consistently run larger than the label and are a bit longer.

We have found 3X's in nearly all the shops and kiosks carrying clothing in DL and DCA. The trick is to shop early in the day and buy it when you see it because it won't be there when you go back later, they sell out pretty fast. Too many times we have thought too long on a purchase only to find the item gone when we went back to the store.

You have to be a little dedicated in looking and not give up in frustration. We have yet to come home from a trip to the DLR without a good fitting piece of clothing.

As for the on-line store, I have found a few 4X's in new clothing. Trouble is they sell out really fast.

Good luck. I hope you can find something that pleases you.

• Resident Fantasmic Guru

I couldn't find any 4X's on the website, and it's set up so that you have to look at each item individually to see what sizes they come on. You know of any shirts or jackets or hoodies in particular that come in 4X?

thanks!

FF
    "A Journey Beyond Your Wildest Imagination..."

• Fastest Man Alive

It's not too hard to find women's clothes in 3X. For men, it's a different story. Other than button shirts, there is also nothing. Of note, however, if the unisex grey 2011 t-shirt that is available at most locations in the park, is carried in a 4X and 5X.
    "If we cut the budget are you going to be the one standing at the exit explaining to guests why the ride they just rode is a piece of crap?" - - John Lasseter

• Disney Fan & Musician

I do wish they would cater to the tall people sometimes. :x
    Follow me on --> Twitter (@soda)

• Minion

I've used Zazzle.com to purchase Disney related clothing before. All of the images are licensed so they are "Disney" but not "Disneyland" if you get what I mean.

If you find an image you like, it can be put on anything you like (shirt, sweatshirt, hoodie, etc) in many colors, in many sizes (mens up to 6x, womens up to 2x), in many styles (ringer tee, basic tee, long sleeve tee, etc, and for the whole family (baby, toddler, kids, men, women).

Shipping is quick unless you have a custom order and prices are not crazy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast