Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Cunning infiltrator

When does the 2fer ticket come out this year?

I am planning to go to Disneyland Resort yet again for this year, 2011. I already went to Disneyland back in summer 2010, when the Summer Nightastic was active. I bought the 3-day summer pass. Now, I am going again and this time with a 2fer ticket.

So, when does the 2fer ticket start being sold this year?

Edit: Scratch that. Now I know, this year's 2fer is no longer being called a 2fer. Instead it is the Southern California Resident 2-day 1 Park per day ticket. The price has increased from last year. It is $99. It costs more than the single day theme park ticket. Worth it for this year, since Disneyland Resort is a premium theme park resort.
    Last edited by LangenFox; 01-21-2011 at 09:15 PM.

For all your Furry/Anthro needs!
    http://www.second-ed.com/

Highly recommended Furry/Anthro list:
    http://belfrycomics.net/
    http://furaffinity.net/

• Closed Account

Re: When does the 2fer ticket come out this year?

Yea your edit is how they're doing it now. They're still using the old 2fer signage too.

• Bring back the Keelboats!

Have you seen the commerical with the Jungle Cruise animals talking about the deal? It is priceless! I hope someone posts it so I can save it...

Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

• DLR Cast Member

Although I'm a CM, from a guest perspective, I personally like the current $99 two-park pass more than the previous 2-fer. The 2-fer had a short fuse on it, plus, you could only visit the other park (you couldn't visit the same park twice). The current $99 pass is much mroe flexible. It allows you to visit the same park twice, plus, you have up to the beginning of the summer to use it. And if you're thinking about upgrading to an AP but are uncommitted, I suggest the $99 pass. Say you use the first day today, and then visit again for the second time in May. Then, on your second visit, you upgrade yoru pass to an AP. The AP will expire in May 2011, which means that you basically got 3 more months out of the cost of the AP.

I've purchased two of them as birthday gifts already. And no, CM's don't get a discount on them.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by RiversOfAmerica View Post
    Then, on your second visit, you upgrade yoru pass to an AP. The AP will expire in May 2011, which means that you basically got 3 more months out of the cost of the AP.
    what? you can upgrade your tickets into passes?
    lets say I want to buy the 3 day summer pass then on the 3rd day I want to upgrade. they let me? and do I still get the monthly payments?

• Fantasmic! Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by DannyLand View Post
    lets say I want to buy the 3 day summer pass then on the 3rd day I want to upgrade. they let me? and do I still get the monthly payments?
    Yes you can! You should be able to get monthly payments but don't quote me on that.

But as far as I remember the first day you use the ticket is when your AP will expire...Pretty sure thats what they did for me last time. But if you upgrade to say a Premium or get the parking pass then if you still have the parking stubs you get a reimbursement.

• DLR Cast Member

Heck yes! You just pay the difference. People who have gotten one day tickets as gifts do it all the time.
    and do I still get the monthly payments?
    On upgrades, I'm honestly not sure, but my guess is yes, since the original ticket is a paid-for ticket. (Slightly off-topic, but monthly payments are available to SoCal residents only.)

• Minion

I dont like hopper tix so if dca doesn't have an ap center, I upgrade my ticket at the ticket booth??

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasmanatic View Post
    get the parking pass then if you still have the parking stubs you get a reimbursement.
    this this apply for all the days i parked with the multi day ticket or just the day of buying parking pass?

heres the video btw
    http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyPa...39/AHHGh9zaaL4
    Last edited by DannyLand; 01-22-2011 at 03:32 PM.

• DLR Cast Member

I dont like hopper tix so if dca doesn't have an ap center, I upgrade my ticket at the ticket booth??
    DCA has an AP center in the Greetings gift shop near the front entrance. However, if you're in the Esplanade, I suggest going to the Guest Services concierge to the left of the DL turnstyles, rather than the Ticket Booths. It's been my experience that they have greater flexibility regarding AP renewals, but that's just my own experience.
    [does] this apply for all the days i parked with the multi day ticket or just the day of buying parking pass?
    Just the day you're there. They won't apply previous day's parking.

So do you have to have California ID to use this deal? What if one person has a California drivers license, but the other doesn't?

• DLR Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by greenalfonzo View Post
    So do you have to have California ID to use this deal? What if one person has a California drivers license, but the other doesn't?
    The $99 two park pass is for Southern California residents only (not central or northern) within the ZIP range of 90000-93599.

However, there's also a 3 day park hopper special for $169, which is not limited to SoCal residents. The tickets can be used through April 14.

does anyone know when this promo is over what will be the next one?

Quote Originally Posted by RiversOfAmerica View Post
    The $99 two park pass is for Southern California residents only (not central or northern) within the ZIP range of 90000-93599.

However, there's also a 3 day park hopper special for $169, which is not limited to SoCal residents. The tickets can be used through April 14.
    Thanks for the info. I'm curious how they manage this. I can see they wouldn't sell tix to an out of area Zip, but do they actually card you when you enter the park to make sure you didn't get the tix from a local?

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

The ticket page on disney's website talks about who's eligible for what tickets (& payment plans)
    Tickets & Packages | Tickets & Reservations | Disneyland Resort

As far as applying tickets to AP passes, its talked about weekly.
    Last edited by DLFreak71; 01-29-2011 at 02:02 PM.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• DLR Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by greenalfonzo View Post
    Thanks for the info. I'm curious how they manage this. I can see they wouldn't sell tix to an out of area Zip, but do they actually card you when you enter the park to make sure you didn't get the tix from a local?
    No, you must show proof of residency when you purchase the tickets. It's perfectly acceptible for a local resident to buy tickets for out of town visitors. As long as it's a local resident who buys the tix, then all is well.
    Quote Originally Posted by disneyloco View Post
    does anyone know when this promo is over what will be the next one?
    The $99 tickets can be purchased until April 14, and must be used by May 14. As for the next promo, there might be a 3 day summer pass, depending on attendance. My guess is that Star Tours 2.0 and Mermaid will keep summer crowds high enough so that there will be no other promos until fall or possibly next Spring, with the exception of discounted tickets through local Costcos and the like.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast