Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Metro-Retro Historian

Re: Haunted Mansion with Lights on!

Quote Originally Posted by Donald_Duck View Post
    Very cool. Stinks if it was someone's first time on the ride though.
    Meh, their experience was likely already ruined by everyone quoting the stretching room monologue.
    It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Too cool....i wish i was there

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Very good photos and video, thank you for sharing MrHatboxGhost! The portraits in the corridor of doors are my special favorite, so good to see them represented.
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

Quote Originally Posted by MrHatboxGhost View Post
    Here is my gallery for you all to view ;D My good camera died (the one that shows the place actually bright), and was doing this weird blurring thing that caused the pictures to..uh, blur lol. Sorry about that. I cant remember any site on the net thats had these many lights on pictures of the mansion, if so please link.

These photos are of the passageway that leads from the showroom under the DLRR tracks back to and emergency exit near the queue? Where's Data when you need him?

• Forgotten Spirit

Quote Originally Posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
    Very good photos and video, thank you for sharing MrHatboxGhost! The portraits in the corridor of doors are my special favorite, so good to see them represented.
    Hehe thanks, have you ever been evacuated out of the mansion? I was quite pleased that the CMs were very nice in the sense that they didn't really care I was taking pictures (i was terrified my camera would get taken away or something at first lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    These photos are of the passageway that leads from the showroom under the DLRR tracks back to and emergency exit near the queue? Where's Data when you need him?
    Yes, that is the "crypt" door exit into the overflow queue. The exit is located in the Portrait Gallery when you exit the Stretching Room. The first picture shows where you actually exit out into Disneyland itself, the 2nd is showcasing a window shutter "outside" from the inside of the portrait hallway, and the 3rd is another hallway we didnt go down, it was facing forward to us while we exited out to the left of that hall.

• =)

Looks like my services won't be required here, Mojave.

Thanks for sharing, MrHatboxGhost! You don't hear too often about evacs at HM...er, I don't, at least. Very interesting stuff.

• Shifting cargo

That's pretty darn cool! I bet the knocking got old after awhile, eh?

I've always wondered what it would be like with the lights on. When I was a kid my dad videotaped it in night vision and you could see everything behind the scenes. There were even bats tied to a fan going around and around. I'd love to get a behind-the-scenes tour of HM, specifically the Graveyard scene.

"Well I don't know about you folks, but it's way past my bedtime."

• Forgotten Spirit

I was somewhat sad to not be in the graveyard, but then again the corridor of doors was the second best place.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Hehe thanks, have you ever been evacuated out of the mansion? I was quite pleased that the CMs were very nice in the sense that they didn't really care I was taking pictures (i was terrified my camera would get taken away or something at first lol)
    Sadly, I have not..it is at the top of my list though for ones I would enjoy being evac'ed from. Ride count so far I have had to walk off includes Alice, Indy, Jungle Cruise (having to transfer to another boat from one dead in the water) and almost the Matterhorn..it got going again to move the vehicles.
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

• Forgotten Spirit

Quote Originally Posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
    Sadly, I have not..it is at the top of my list though for ones I would enjoy being evac'ed from. Ride count so far I have had to walk off includes Alice, Indy, Jungle Cruise (having to transfer to another boat from one dead in the water) and almost the Matterhorn..it got going again to move the vehicles.
    Sadness! It was very cool, and yeah. The Matterhorn was cool too, how funny I got evac'ed back to back.

Yes, that is the "crypt" door exit into the overflow queue. The exit is located in the Portrait Gallery when you exit the Stretching Room. The first picture shows where you actually exit out into Disneyland itself, the 2nd is showcasing a window shutter "outside" from the inside of the portrait hallway, and the 3rd is another hallway we didnt go down, it was facing forward to us while we exited out to the left of that hall.
    Thanks! Can you elaborate on which direction we are looking in these photos? I know the HM and DLRR interface pretty well, but I'm not sure what specific things we are looking at. In the first photo, are we looking south with the Mansion and stretching rooms on the left and the show building on the right? This is about halfway up the stairs, so we are inside the berm at this point, right?

And which direction are we looking in the third photo (the hallway you didn't go down)? N S E W?

• formerly very helpful

That's the same spot I was evacuated from once. I couldn't get any pictures, though since I was carrying my sleeping daughter at the time. I also don't think it occured to me to take pictures at the time. When it happened, I looked upon it as a new way of experiencing an attraction I'd been on probably 100s of times before.

• Metal Head loves Disney

I want to go to there.
    Most recent Disney trip - 06/25/11

Marketing Manger of InCinderated Enterprises
    Last Man Standing in the M&F Parking Lot of the RCMC

• =)

Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    Thanks! Can you elaborate on which direction we are looking in these photos? I know the HM and DLRR interface pretty well, but I'm not sure what specific things we are looking at. In the first photo, are we looking south with the Mansion and stretching rooms on the left and the show building on the right? This is about halfway up the stairs, so we are inside the berm at this point, right?

And which direction are we looking in the third photo (the hallway you didn't go down)? N S E W?
    In the first of those three photos, we're looking southwest. The wall on the right is the backside of the portrait hall's first storm scene, and the dark space where the people are coming from is the second storm scene (as seen in the second photo). So we're underneath the extended queue at this point. We're still facing the same direction in the third photo...just further up the ramp on the left. See that exit sign on the left side of the first photo? That's where the stairs up to that crypt door are. So you go underneath the berm just before you get to that exit sign. If you don't turn left at the exit sign, that ramp in the third photo eventually takes you to a wheelchair-accessible emergency exit backstage...I think. Obviously, I haven't done that myself.

Apologies if I got any of this wrong, or if I stepped on your toes, MrHatboxGhost!

• Forgotten Spirit

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    In the first of those three photos, we're looking southwest. The wall on the right is the backside of the portrait hall's first storm scene, and the dark space where the people are coming from is the second storm scene (as seen in the second photo). So we're underneath the extended queue at this point. We're still facing the same direction in the third photo...just further up the ramp on the left. See that exit sign on the left side of the first photo? That's where the stairs up to that crypt door are. So you go underneath the berm just before you get to that exit sign. If you don't turn left at the exit sign, that ramp in the third photo eventually takes you to a wheelchair-accessible emergency exit backstage...I think. Obviously, I haven't done that myself.

Apologies if I got any of this wrong, or if I stepped on your toes, MrHatboxGhost!
    No problems, you explained it better than I could!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast