Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Re: Good News for Tomorrowland?

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    Yeah but it was not the best reboot either...the whole Father/son Daughter/Mother thing has been done at Disney tooooooo many times for it to be used again (Lion King 2, Little Mermaid 2, Peter Pan 2, Lady and the Tramp 2, and 101 Dalmatians 2)
    We get it everyone has kids and they usually do the same type of journey again, can we get some guys out there to write scripts that aren't just....he had a kid.
    But hey I'm all for a sequel if it does new things and has cool action scenes, good dialog and a story to match,
    Like I said, it wasn't the greatest movie of all time, but it also wasn't bad enough to end the franchise.

• Super Genius

Quote Originally Posted by noleafclover1980 View Post
    Between that and the Black Hole remake in the works...
    They're re-making that bomb? Why?!?
    Last edited by MikeChat; 01-23-2011 at 02:46 PM.
    When I go to Disneyland, I tune my FRS Radio to channel 2, without a quiet code. They're faster than a cell phone and you can talk to a whole group at a time, and you don't have to get everyone's cell phone number in advance.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^cause Hollywood hates making anything new...even Pixar is relying on sequels more....no that I mind too much but it would be nice not to have 3 Pixar sequels in a row no new movies will come out of Pixar until maybe late 2012.
    Even stuff like Captain America and Pooh which might be good are completly based on things that have been around for years now. Stuff like District 9, Up and the original Tron all are cool since they arn't really based on anything but imagination, and cant be limited like sequels.

• All-American

Sounds like VERY good news for Tomorrowland.

Sequels = confidence in Tron as a franchise. And from franchises come attractions.

• Blew By You

Well...I'm not a young kid anymore, so the Tron stuff doesn't quite impress me. Disney still divides the family in sterile marketing folders. I'm sure that's where the profits lie, so it makes sense. Maybe Tron will be a very good Tomorrowland addition, and that in the long run will finally make Tomorrowland better. That I can look forward to.

• formerly very helpful

Quote Originally Posted by PinkElephant View Post
    I have yet to see any of the movies lol, but I do like ElecTRONica! That being said, I would welcome any new ride into Tomorrowland haha.
    Careful, now. That's what someone said before we were given Innoventions, Rocket Rods...

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

^cause Hollywood hates making anything new...
    Ding ding.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

Tron has so much potential. Im excited if they do a third one given a new director and writers.

Re: Good News for Tomorrowland? [Tron Sequel]

I still think they would have trouble making a new Tron ride, at least on the old PeopleMover/Rocket Rod track, mainly because of OSHA, look what they did to Alice in Wonderland. Today's regulations are much more strict and the fact that they would have to sacrifice magic and quality of rides for perfect work safety makes me feel there won't be a ride there for a while. Again, this is only if they wanted to build it on that track.

Quote Originally Posted by Beatledude64 View Post
    I still think they would have trouble making a new Tron ride, at least on the old PeopleMover/Rocket Rod track, mainly because of OSHA, look what they did to Alice in Wonderland. Today's regulations are much more strict and the fact that they would have to sacrifice magic and quality of rides for perfect work safety makes me feel there won't be a ride there for a while. Again, this is only if they wanted to build it on that track.
    The proposed Tron ride would not be using the PM track.

• keh!

if only they showed the same confidence in their 2D animation as they do in Tron. 1 under performing movie kills The Snow Queen. well hopefully the new rumored Clements and Musker project takes off. oh sorry, off topic rambling. carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by aurorahermione View Post
    I hope this means that elecTRONica will stay around, it's become one of my favorite things to do in the park
    I haven't been down to experience elecTRONica but it looks pretty cool. The only issue seems to be the eyesore that it is during the day. It would be cool if they moved it indoors and made it a more of a permanent attraction, like inside the old "Millionaire" building or if it was moved over to Tomorrowland in a slightly scaled down version where the arcade currently is and also utilizing the top floor as well. I don't know how much room that is, but would be cool. What would be really neat? If they could find a way to do it on the flat roof space right above the Captain Eo theatre, one can dream!

• Dive ..... Dive.....

The theme of tron wasn't what made the movie a dud, it was the poor directing and acting. If this movie were done properly they would have had a much better turn out. I think Disney realizes this and will properly execute Tron 2.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^I just found it hard to want anyone to win....I was like Flynn is different now, Tron is gone, and Sam is ok......no one I was like yeah he is a Bada** Even the Star Wars Prequels had Maul, Qui Gon, and Yoda and the Plapatine they were fun to watch, even if the story was very light.

• Super Genius

^cause Hollywood hates making anything new...
    They still could have made a better choice than The Black Hole. They could have picked something halfway decent. I mean the Black Hole isn't even decent!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast