Ticket Taker Interview?

Hey guys, I've been trying to find something like this for a few weeks, but nothing. Anyway, I want to apply at Disneyland when I'm 17 (still a Junior, but will be a Senior in a few months) and I want to apply as a Ticket Taker. I heard that you might have to do a group interview, but I was told Ticket Takers don't really need a group interview (more for the characters). If it was a one-on-one I would be fine, but a group as a first interview in my life would be nerve-racking. Does anyone know what the chances are? Also any other information regarding this job would greatly be appreciated.

P.S. - I want to apply in early March to beat the summer rush, is that good?

• Nerd

Re: Ticket Taker Interview?

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Nerd View Post
    Hey guys, I've been trying to find something like this for a few weeks, but nothing. Anyway, I want to apply at Disneyland when I'm 17 (still a Junior, but will be a Senior in a few months) and I want to apply as a Ticket Taker. I heard that you might have to do a group interview, but I was told Ticket Takers don't really need a group interview (more for the characters). If it was a one-on-one I would be fine, but a group as a first interview in my life would be nerve-racking. Does anyone know what the chances are? Also any other information regarding this job would greatly be appreciated.

P.S. - I want to apply in early March to beat the summer rush, is that good?
    Apply NOW to beat the summer rush. It sometimes takes them months to get back to you. I understand the group interview is very basic tell me about yourself type of thing. Not really an "interview" but more of a way for them to size you up and see if you should be moved on.

As far as selecting your specific job, it doesn't seem to go quite like that. Its like the army...you tell them your top 3 and if you get lucky you'll get hired to do something close. Maybe.
    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

• Fastest Man Alive

In all honesty, 'group interviews' are actually the least stressful type of interview. Instead of the heat being solely directed on you for 100% of the interview, it's spread amongst others and creates a more relaxed environment. It's no big deal, as cmhusband noted, it's the first phase- just to get rid of the obvious 'no ways' rather than an indepth interview. Good luck. Hope you get what you want, but keep an open mind. You may not get your 1st choice, but you may get something better. It happened to me.
    "If we cut the budget are you going to be the one standing at the exit explaining to guests why the ride they just rode is a piece of crap?" - - John Lasseter

• Knight that says Nee!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    In all honesty, 'group interviews' are actually the least stressful type of interview. Instead of the heat being solely directed on you for 100% of the interview, it's spread amongst others and creates a more relaxed environment. It's no big deal, as cmhusband noted, it's the first phase- just to get rid of the obvious 'no ways' rather than an indepth interview. Good luck. Hope you get what you want, but keep an open mind. You may not get your 1st choice, but you may get something better. It happened to me.
    I think by "group interview" the OP seems to be indicating it is an interview panel...as in 3-4 interviewers and then just you, the interviewee. Is it different? Is group interview to Disney you and several other applicants all interviewed at once? If so, I agree, it would be much less intense as a one on one or multiple on one interview.

Thanks guys for your help. And to Goofy Daddy I meant as in several other applicants

I will have my mind open for other things, but I'm not sure what age you have to be for the other jobs so I thought a Ticket Taker would be 17. I really want to get a job there because I think it's perfect and I don't want to mess anything up.

To CMHusband - I decided I will try out for a job mid-February (about two weeks after I turn 17). Hopefully, I will beat the rush and have a better chance.

But, for anyone that has been in a group interview... what was it like? For example, were you all seated in a circle, or the interviewer facing the interviewees?

•   

Ive never heard anything about group interviews at Disney. Mine was one on one and not stressful at all. Definitely apply early because your application is active for six months and they can take a while to get back to you. But yeah, dont worry about the interview. Just go in there and be yourself. A professional but enthusiastic and well-dressed version of yourself with lots and lots of availability!!

• Knight that says Nee!!

Cool, got it DN. I have actually never heard of that. Any job interview I have ever done has either been a one on one or an "oral board" style where the applicant faces a panel of interviewers. I've never heard of the multiple applicant interview...let us know how it goes and good luck!! I hope to see you out there on my next trip in April!

Hmm. Well I've heard of group interviews by them, but I'll hope for the best. Thanks for your guys help.

To Goofy Daddy - Maybe I will take your ticket. I'll be sure to let you guys know, I'll probably make a new thread for advice, etc.

• Banned User

Hi there,

Group interviews is a thing of the past. You need to apply first. The after that you will take a online personality test and answer some basic EEO questions. Upon completing that you will get a email to schedule a interview located at TDA. When you schedule your interview the day of you will proceed to the Casting Center there you will check in at the front desk, and then you will sit with other like minded individuals like yourself waiting for a recruiter to pull you into their office and discuss Disney and why you applied and where you want to work. I can tell you it is fun but they are looking for smiles so please smile a lot!! They will go over your resume, ask you why you want to work for Disney then they will go over the jobs you picked. (When you apply online it asks you for 3 places your interested in) The recruiter will talk to you more, now don't get discouraged if the position you applied for isn't available it happens but they will say you can transfer into another role after 4 to 6 months.
    If the role you wanted is there then great, they will set it up in the computer the recruiter will look at you and say Welcome to Disneyland! Then he/she will print out a paper for you that tells you when you come back to do paperwork which is generally 1 to 2 weeks later depends on how long it takes to get your background check back. When you return to do paperwork it is simple you show up get your picture taken for your Disney I.D after that you get your folder filled with all things Disney and your role and handbooks etc. You will then be contacted usually by phone to attend Traditions which is our orientation (traditions is a blast) you will attend that which is lots of fun, and I won't ruin the surprise but a special something happens at the end.
    Then you will have another class which is Welcome To Park Ops its boring I am not going to lie its the part where for 8 hours you go over safety, Osha, hazards etc, but the CM's who conduct warn you it's very boring but they try to make it as fun as possible so not too bad.

Anyways I wish you luck and I hope you have a great time, I have been with the Walt Disney Co going on 6 years now and I love it. So apply and let me know how it goes would love to be able to say Welcome to the Team.

Quote Originally Posted by PoisonAppleDear View Post
    Hi there,

Group interviews is a thing of the past. You need to apply first. The after that you will take a online personality test and answer some basic EEO questions. Upon completing that you will get a email to schedule a interview located at TDA. When you schedule your interview the day of you will proceed to the Casting Center there you will check in at the front desk, and then you will sit with other like minded individuals like yourself waiting for a recruiter to pull you into their office and discuss Disney and why you applied and where you want to work. I can tell you it is fun but they are looking for smiles so please smile a lot!! They will go over your resume, ask you why you want to work for Disney then they will go over the jobs you picked. (When you apply online it asks you for 3 places your interested in) The recruiter will talk to you more, now don't get discouraged if the position you applied for isn't available it happens but they will say you can transfer into another role after 4 to 6 months.
    If the role you wanted is there then great, they will set it up in the computer the recruiter will look at you and say Welcome to Disneyland! Then he/she will print out a paper for you that tells you when you come back to do paperwork which is generally 1 to 2 weeks later depends on how long it takes to get your background check back. When you return to do paperwork it is simple you show up get your picture taken for your Disney I.D after that you get your folder filled with all things Disney and your role and handbooks etc. You will then be contacted usually by phone to attend Traditions which is our orientation (traditions is a blast) you will attend that which is lots of fun, and I won't ruin the surprise but a special something happens at the end.
    Then you will have another class which is Welcome To Park Ops its boring I am not going to lie its the part where for 8 hours you go over safety, Osha, hazards etc, but the CM's who conduct warn you it's very boring but they try to make it as fun as possible so not too bad.

Anyways I wish you luck and I hope you have a great time, I have been with the Walt Disney Co going on 6 years now and I love it. So apply and let me know how it goes would love to be able to say Welcome to the Team.
    Thanks a lot. That really has helped. Do you need a resume, though? Because I'm only 17 and I don't really have anything to say. It seems like Disneyland would be the best place to have a first job and I want to know what that "surprise" is so I better apply fast

• Banned User

No they will just go over your application. And it is a great first time job, my cousin started there at 17 and shes still with the company she is 26 and is now at TDA doing things. So it can be a great first and ONLY job. =)

Quote Originally Posted by PoisonAppleDear View Post
    No they will just go over your application. And it is a great first time job, my cousin started there at 17 and shes still with the company she is 26 and is now at TDA doing things. So it can be a great first and ONLY job. =)
    Thanks a lot. You've helped so much. Was your cousin a Junior at the time? Because on the site it says "Most jobs require you to be at least 17 of age and a Senior." and I will be 17, but not a Senior. Yeah, when I'm older I want to be a Graphic Designer and help build Disney games, so I thought working for them now would help a lot when I apply for my career when I'm older

• Banned User

No she was a senior. And thats awesome just keep the dream alive

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Nerd View Post
    Thanks a lot. You've helped so much. Was your cousin a Junior at the time? Because on the site it says "Most jobs require you to be at least 17 of age and a Senior." and I will be 17, but not a Senior. Yeah, when I'm older I want to be a Graphic Designer and help build Disney games, so I thought working for them now would help a lot when I apply for my career when I'm older
    You will need to be a Senior. If you are applying for the summer, they might interview you for the position before you are a Senior, but from what I remember of my niece's position, she had to be a Senior when she applied. (She has been with Disney for over 10 years now and is part of the marketing department.)
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.