Page 111 of 801 FirstFirst ... 116186101108109110111112113114121136161211611 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 12005

Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker XI

The post also has a photo the Ursula animatronic and it looks great.

• Banned User

I am so excited for all these things! Can't wait to hear some audio of Soundsational.

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicBear View Post
    Wait till you see her in action. The facial movements are unbelievable
    ....she's got oodles of tiny actuators for her facial movements....and the picture does not really show how large she is.....she''s a biggums

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicBear View Post

Is that a DACS board he's sitting at? Or the modern equivalent?

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    Is that a DACS board he's sitting at? Or the modern equivalent?
    guessing.....modern equivalent. But I really have no idea.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Tragic View Post
    This does make me wonder what other parts from the parks past are sitting in a warehouse somewhere waiting to make another appearance in the future. Can you imagine a whole room filled with old attraction parts and vehicles waiting to be installed into future DCA rides.
    There's a reason Disney has a Vault.

• film975

Yeah. That picture doesn't really show how tall she actually is. But Ursula's animatronic is supposed to be eight feet tall. I wonder if she will have some of the same facial technology that they used in the new Lincoln animatronic. I can't wait to see those tentacles in motion.

She's a whole lotta octopus.

• Disneyland History Lover

Very cool video of Triton being placed atop Mermaid. I'm also happy they got the opening dates organized and released. The park is going to be hella busy on June 3rd, and I happen to be off from work that day. The burning question... what first; Mermaid, or Star Tours?

Quote Originally Posted by nonob88 View Post
    Anyone else notice this comment on the blog? He's the original sculptor of the figure, Patrick Romandy-Simmons Pretty cool!

Patrick on February 25th, 2011 at 1:54 pm

I am the artist who created the original clay sculpture of this King Triton piece back in the mid 90s and I am really proud to see itís triumphant return. The piece was 6 feet tall from his waist to the top of his head and I used a little more then a pallet of Roma Plastilina clay which made itís weight well over 200 lbs. It was a great piece to work on and one of my favorite projects with Walt Disney Imagineering.
    Also - I'm glad they used an appropriate song for the Triton video, normally they use generic stock music. Anyone know if this is going to be part of the ride soundtrack? The song is "Tour of the Kingdom" from the movie, but it doesn't sound like the original version. Could this be a preview of what's coming to the ride?
    I noticed that too! How cool is that? Good for him getting his creation back out for the public to enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by insider67 View Post
    Well i'm glad Disney blog finally let the Triton video out of the bag. I was watching the filming the other day and knew that they were reusing Triton but I did not want to take away the Disney blogs thunder and let you all in on it....you understand right? It was really killing me to keep my mouth shut after watching all the debate on these boards.
    Nice, and very good for you. Many a person would not take this same approach, but I'm glad that you did.

I'm sorry if I sound lame for asking this, but is soundsational going in DCA or DL? If DL, is DCA getting a new parade sometime?

• Future Imagineer

Quote Originally Posted by Theflyingtire View Post
    I'm sorry if I sound lame for asking this, but is soundsational going in DCA or DL? If DL, is DCA getting a new parade sometime?
    Soundsational is going into Disneyland. And I believe that Pixar Play Parade is coming back to DCA in November but I sure would like a new parade at DCA.

• Banned User

Rumors say a simlar soundsational-esque parade is in the works for DCA as well for possibly 2012. But yea, PPP is coming back in novemeber.

• Future Imagineer

Quote Originally Posted by FutureImagineer183 View Post
    Rumors say a simlar soundsational-esque parade is in the works for DCA as well for possibly 2012. But yea, PPP is coming back in novemeber.
    Well I hope that rumor is true. Not that I don't like PPP but I don't think it would like that great going through BVS.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by FutureImagineer183 View Post
    Im so glad DCA is finally getting alot of love, I remember back in the Matt Ouimet days when DCA was thrown scraps and bones to barely stay alive, now its really getting the attention it deserves. Hats off to the new president and managment team!

A prominent MiceChatter who shall remain nameless pointed out that Bing Maps has updated their mid-zoom satellite images of DCA. Don't go in too far or the old image of the parking lot comes back. I know the BSC has a later image but this is still cool.

Bing Maps

LinkBacks (?)