Page 14 of 801 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617243964114514 ... LastLast

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker XI

Nice. So they intend to add some feel to that side street leading up to the ToT

• Disney Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by nonob88 View Post
    I can't tell, but is that Hollywood Land on the far left of the picture? we need to see what's on this side of the wall!

picture from Fishbulb's update
    It looks like this is headed towards TOT and the building on the left looks like the model that was pictured from a video a while back:

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.
    -Aristotle

Next Trip in 2012 to see the final product

• Banned User

Why oh why couldnt they had the foresight to make this park like this 10 years ago?? DCA is looking like a REAL Disney park! Think about PP back in 2001: Cheap looking, boring, tacky and dead at night although I would say pretty at night with the lights, but it was NOT the place to be once u did Scremin 4 times in a row and moved on. Basically so much of what was there sucked too much to spend anytime there.

But now? At night, this place is buzzing with WOC of course and TSM. In a few months time add TLM and Paradise Park Gardens to relax with food and drinks to that list and the area all lit up with all the lights buzzing with people walking around, PP will probably be the most exciting place to just hang in the park at night. At least until Carsland . At night this part of the park will come alive. And with whatever dance party happening in Hollywoodland, the neon in Carsland and who knows what they have in store with BVS at that time, dare I say it, but DCA will be rivaling DL for night time entertainment and atmosphere.

Again, they opened this park with just HALF the things they will have by next year, DCA wouldve probably had a very different reception!
    Last edited by WorldDisney; 01-27-2011 at 10:29 PM.

• Dream in wonderful color!

Quote Originally Posted by kibia16 View Post
    It looks like this is headed towards TOT and the building on the left looks like the model that was pictured from a video a while back:

You're right, that does look very close! Is this a hint of thew Hyperion facade? Hopefully we'll have more pictures tomorrow
    - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

• Banned User

Now that we know that TLM facade on the San Fran side is pretty much the final concept, I'm a little bummed. It really is not as detailed as I imagined it would be. Yes it's pretty, but it needs more detail! It's not even on par with PoFA dome! And those arches just ending in the middle just look ODD and don't fit in at all. It's nice, but just not what I expected. It needs the extra oomph. At least the front will turn out gorgeous with the glass work and intricate details.

• film975

Wow! Urusula's going to be 8 feet tall! That's amazing! When Disney said you're gonna see these characters up close, they weren't kidding. It's also nice to know the ride will be 6 and a half minutes long. DCA really needs an attraction like this. I look forward to checking out this new stuff in the BSC during my next visit. Yet I wonder if we will ever see the model for Cars Land in there. I would also love to see a model for Buena Vista Street as well.

• Lion

Quote Originally Posted by FutureImagineer183 View Post
    Now that we know that TLM facade on the San Fran side is pretty much the final concept, I'm a little bummed. It really is not as detailed as I imagined it would be. Yes it's pretty, but it needs more detail! It's not even on par with PoFA dome! And those arches just ending in the middle just look ODD and don't fit in at all. It's nice, but just not what I expected. It needs the extra oomph. At least the front will turn out gorgeous with the glass work and intricate details.
    It does seem strange that it looks so blank. However, I believe they are going to be adding trees there that will soften that wall and block it to some degree. Maybe they decided not to go overboard with that side of the building because there's really no way to see it from a distance - the only time you can really admire it is when you're standing right next to it. I guess they decided to focus mostly on the front which can be viewed from a much greater variety of locations and angles.

The little notches are definitely strange, though.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by FutureImagineer183 View Post
    I think we need to wait for landscaping, most of that wall will likely not be visible once everything is done. There's no point in decorating a wall that will be hidden behind leaves.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by film975 View Post
    Wow! Urusula's going to be 8 feet tall! That's amazing! When Disney said you're gonna see these characters up close, they weren't kidding.
    this reminds me of the Parade of Dreams.

• Banned User

Trees would add to the building, but still, what happened imagineers? The other side of the street is more detailed!

Anyways. SERIOUSLY?!?! No one got close ups of the BVS stuff?!?!? Thats the stuff I wanted to see most! Grrr, guess I have to wait till sunday so I can check it out myself.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

I wonder if the plan for the Hyperon is to make a narrow entrance and hallway across the front of the building (it looks like there is a bit sticking out there on the front) that will then lead around to the current stairs.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    I wonder if the plan for the Hyperon is to make a narrow entrance and hallway across the front of the building (it looks like there is a bit sticking out there on the front) that will then lead around to the current stairs.
    I hope so and that it leads to a lobby and newly decorated stairs.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    I hope so and that it leads to a lobby and newly decorated stairs.
    i hope they at lest add some restrooms. well im just happy they have an escalator to the third floor and Aladdin is still playing instead of Toy Story.

one of the plans was to create a detailed facade that started from the existing picture spot and went all the way down to the beginning of the TOT plaza entrance area. The area behind the facade would have a a covered walkway all the way own to the existing queue entrance area into an open air patio.

(look at the last picture in this thread and notice the arch that looms over the animation building.)

The facade/Archways would also have several access doors that would be used at the end of showtime to allow guests to exit.

The waiting area would remain open air patio but the stair cases would get a covering as well as walls to block the outside views.

Imagine something like the Historic Egyption theater in Hollywood.

The theater has a facade that leads to a garden area.

If you zoom into this sketch you could see what i mean

http://micechat.com/forums/members/m...rt-casttv.html

Quote Originally Posted by thermo648 View Post
    The Egyptian theme was probably said by someone in BSC, though it could possibly have said on that final picture for the show building. And mainly based off of the color scheme, I would definitely agree, though some of the architecture details they went with hint at it too).

http://karenshanley.com/blog/wp-cont...arcophagus.jpg

Reds, browns, and blues are what I'm referring to.
    Quote Originally Posted by BassBone View Post
    Also, during the time period being depicted by the new Paradise Pier, there was an enormous fascination with the exotic. Architects would incorporate whatever style of architecture they learned about from overseas.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalFan View Post
    I was just thinking of that. In the 1920s/30s they were really big on Egyptian style...had a lot to with the discovery of King Tuts tomb, Cleopatra, etc
    Quote Originally Posted by SS77 View Post
    This made me laugh....a lot..for some reason.
    Im sorry guys but i just dont see the egyptian connection at all. The architecture isnt even REMOTELY egyptian. just cuz it has colors that match egyptian architecture doesnt make it look egyptian. I posted pictures of parisian architecture back in the project tracker 10. i think the architecture matches european architecture MUCH more than egyptian.

LinkBacks (?)