Page 164 of 801 FirstFirst ... 64114139154161162163164165166167174189214264664 ... LastLast
Results 2,446 to 2,460 of 12005

Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker XI

Just because something is not an E-Ticket it does not make it a bad attraction. Little Mermaid could end up being one of my favorite attractions on Paradise Pier, but I wouldn't consider them E-Tickets.

People all too often associate a ride not being an E-Ticket as a bad thing. This is far from true.

• Banned User

Is haunted mansion or pirates considered e tickets? If so..how is mermaid any different? All 3 attractions are packed full AAs,immersive and grand in scale.
    Last edited by BuenaVista28; 03-12-2011 at 11:24 AM.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

If Mermaid is a E Ticket then what is Radators Springs Racers? Also on the subject of "tickets" what is California Screamin???

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    If Mermaid is a E Ticket then what is Radators Springs Racers? Also on the subject of "tickets" what is California Screamin???
    Radiator Springs Racers is also an E ticket, CA Screamin is a D ticket, while its a great ride, it lacks the story that would push it over the edge into the E ticket spot.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

haha so DCA opened with one E ticket ride...sad

We'll have to see how amazing Mermaid is since....we'll Soarin is an E ticket yet the Q and outside are not more themed than Mermaid but really it comes down to the ride....was there enough space to make you truly feel like your in the ocean and part of her world? Only time will tell.

• Banned User

I wonder how many of you were alive when we used to use tickets, because if you were we would not be having this convo. Think about it this way, if rides were based on price would you pay as much for the thrill off pirates, space mountain, indy, and screaming the same as you would TLM? if your answer and the answer of the majority of the public is yes then you have your answer. If you would pay more for the other rides then you would make it a D. I know that some people have a niche of riding certain types of rides and value them more then others, but for the most part the entertainment value of the ride is directly in accordance with the ride ticket designation

It does not matter the scale, length or size, if it does not entertain at the value you would pay to ride that ride then the ticket is changed accordingly. This is not rocket science, and since none of us have ridden the ride we have to take the designers word for what they think it will be until that is changed by public perception.

I actually wouldn't consider any of DCA's rides to be E-Tickets at the moment. Radiator Springs Racers will probably be the first. CS is a great roller coaster... and nothing more. Soarin' leaves some to be desired. Besides an IMax screen with some great music and footage, there really is not much else to the ride. No pre-show, elaborate line theming, in-ride effects, and interesting exterior really differentiate it from, say, Stormrider at TDS. TOT is a border-line E-Ticket, until you realize how short it comes in comparison to other versions.

DCA has alot of rides that come close to being E Tickets and feel like they should be, but they all fall short in one way or another.

LM, on the other hand, has no problem with its identity. It knows what it will be doing, and goes above and beyond for everything, and will be, without a doubt, the parks best attraction when it opens.

I consider ToT an E-ticket. Other versions are longer but I'm judging soley on the park as a whole.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

A few shots from yesterday... Full gallery at the Dateline Disneyland Smugmug: 03-11-11 - Dateline Disneyland on Smugmug

The new Disney Theatre signage looks fantastic! A really great improvement here.

First signs of vertical construction going up in the back on Sunshine Plaza -- back where the fountain used to be.

A side/back view of the new wall

I had voiced some concerns about Mermaid seeming a bit "unfinished" on here along with a lot of others... but when you see it in person it's easy to realize that photos simply do not do it justice. It really looks great, and from what I can see the only part really "missing" anything is the bottom arch, and the hooks installed on the arch suggest something else is coming to that space...

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• LOL!!!!!!! (MC teen joke)

I think the building looks great! Thanks for the pictures.
    The Original Teen Scene of MiceChat:
    fangalicious44 padgerfan monorailorange33 SS77 A113 animekiti4christ DapperJoshua Performerinwaiting MainStreetJake dmtnt55 MikeSkellington
    JungleCruiseFan Ckelef1 Incrediboy The Disneylander GummiBearsRock iskategoofy *disneyprincess* stevo505 Dragonfire Colorized DisneyLove littleactressann Kritter

Wow the Building looks really good I havent seen a picture of the entire building until now.

• Banned User

It looks stunning. Can't wait to see it in person. Thanks, MG.

• MC Blogger

Blog Entries

I fully agree with Imag1neer- TLM:AUA is 100% E ticket when compared to the Mansion and Pirates.
    Mark

Disney parks and art, movies, music, more... Over 1, 000 Posts!
    www.InsightsandSounds.blogspot.com

• Hall Of Promise

My goodness people. Ticket classes were determined by simply measuring the scale, budget (developing cost + operation + maintenance), and popularity of the attraction. Nothing really more or less. It doesn't have to be a state-of-the-art new invention or does it have to be packed full of AA's. If it is an expensive attraction to develop, most likely it will be considered an e-ticket. Popularity is also a big factor. In other words, the bigger the attraction = the more is costs to ride.

The operating costs for both Haunted Mansion and It's A Small World are far lower than that of Indy, but because Haunted Mansion and Small World are still super popular they too can be considered an e-ticket attractions. If an attraction became less popular over time it was more likely the ticket class would be reduced.

The Matterhorn is still considered an e-ticket, and so is CA Screamin. A major roller coaster is a maintenance nightmare and if we had ticket classes today there is no doubt in my mind CA Screamin would be an e-ticket. On the same subject of roller coasters, I believe Goofy's Sky School and Gadget's Go Coaster would both be d-ticket attractions. Smaller attraction, less popularity, lower ticket class. (Personally, if we still had the ticket books I believe both Goofy's Sky School and Gadget's Go Coaster would have bit the dust a long time ago since the operation costs may be too much to justify a higher ticket class for these less than popular attractions.)

Tower or Terror, Soarin over CA, Space Mountain, even Star Tours. All of these attractions cost a lot to operate and are still popular. I believe these too would be considered e-tickets today.

Now I don't believe we can rate these attractions based on a curve. Just because we have larger attractions doesn't mean we start changing all the other attractions in comparison. If we still had the ticket book today what would most likely happen is Disney would have introduced a new ticket class for these mega attractions, such as Indy or Radiator Springs Racers. Think of it like an e-ticket PLUS. Now I believe this due to the simple belief Disney wouldn't reduce the ticket income from all other attractions while they need to pay off a new attraction just built. They would need to continue bringing in the income to cover the other attraction's cost while making profit as well as pay off the debt of a new attraction.

This whole ticket book rating has gone from the cost to ride an attraction to a level of status. Now-a-days it is more of an opinion than anything else. If someone loves an attraction they are more inclined to label it a higher ticket class. If they don't care for the attraction as much, most likely a lower ticket class. It's all subjective and based on opinion. Disney only uses it for promotional purposes now. They will mention when something is an e-ticket, but never anything lower.

My opinion on this Little Mermaid attraction. To me it's simple. If the attraction costs north of $100 million and is expecting to be extremely popular, it is no doubt an e-ticket.

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

Weren't the pack mules an e-ticket?

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

LinkBacks (?)