Page 172 of 801 FirstFirst ... 72122162169170171172173174175182222272672 ... LastLast
Results 2,566 to 2,580 of 12005
  1. #2566

    • is too darn hot.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    It's all about the LBC, yo!
    Posts
    14,849

    Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker XI

    Quote Originally Posted by MistaDee View Post
    Any theories on that blank space below the arch?
    It's where the loop goes.
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

    On Track for Weight Loss!


  2. #2567

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    588

    Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker XI

    I thought they were putting a green beam there.

    Maybe we can call it the AOM, I really miss the POM discussion.

  3. #2568

    • Keeper of the fruit rolls
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Monrovia, California, and Glendora, CA
    Posts
    8,405

    Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker XI

    Quote Originally Posted by Tragic View Post
    I thought they were putting a green beam there.

    Maybe we can call it the AOM, I really miss the POM discussion.
    whatare AOM and POM?
    -Jennelle AKA Blue AKA Dory




    Quote Originally Posted by drphibes View Post
    SBF's lasso of truth makes grown men want to go pee pee.
    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendGonzo View Post
    Have you considered buying a bed?...as far as I can tell you live in an apartment with a computer, a coupon for hungry howies, and there may or may not be a llama there...
    DLR trips in 2011: Jan 12,29,30, Feb 10, March 29, April 3, 22, May 14, 18, 25, June 9, August 8, 21...hopefully soooooooooon


    FB, Twitter

  4. #2569

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,709

    Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker XI

    Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    The line nearly matches up with the triton on the top. If you shifted this perspective to the right about 8 inches to be perfectly in line with the railings, it would be pretty darn near perfectly aligned.
    Are we REALLY analyzing this? The mermaid attraction is going to be spectacular. We have all been asking for this for years and now that we are getting it, let's enjoy it and stop over-analyzing things...like if Triton is lined up with the fountain or not...???

  5. #2570

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    3,722

    Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker XI

    Arch of Mystery and Pillar of Mystery. When Paradise Park was being built, everyone was wondering what would end up on top of the Pillar that is in the "hub". We had no idea what was being built because it was nothing like the model! I would say it somewhat still is a POM. CMs usually refer to it as the Obelisk, but it's not really, or a lighted structure, but it's more than just a structure, so it's just a POM! A mystery that will never be solved!!

  6. #2571

    • Can Only Wish For More!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    739

    Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker XI

    Quote Originally Posted by FutureImagineer183 View Post
    Arch of Mystery and Pillar of Mystery. When Paradise Park was being built, everyone was wondering what would end up on top of the Pillar that is in the "hub". We had no idea what was being built because it was nothing like the model! I would say it somewhat still is a POM. CMs usually refer to it as the Obelisk, but it's not really, or a lighted structure, but it's more than just a structure, so it's just a POM! A mystery that will never be solved!!
    Don't forget the wrap-around boardwalk for the Fun Wheel!!!!
    Took mom to Disneyland for the first time in over 20 years this week! Woo!
    - March 1, 2006

    She screamed, cried, and laughed...
    - me too!

  7. #2572

    • film975
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Fullerton, CA
    Posts
    1,320

    Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker XI

    When all some people on here can only complain about is whether or not the King Triton statue lines up with the fountain or not... and/or debate whether or not the Little Mermaid is an E-Ticket ride... it just goes to show that Disney did a fantastic job designing and constructing this show building.

  8. #2573

    • Pilot EdForceOne
    • Online

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    15,619

    Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker XI

    or some people can't comprehend the difference between a discussion and complaining.

    But hey.. let's go back to the 'slow news day?' posts. They were much more engaging.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid


    Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

    Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

  9. #2574

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Buena Vista St.
    Posts
    1,887

    Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker XI

    Quote Originally Posted by film975 View Post
    When all some people on here can only complain about is whether or not the King Triton statue lines up with the fountain or not... and/or debate whether or not the Little Mermaid is an E-Ticket ride... it just goes to show that Disney did a fantastic job designing and constructing this show building.
    Amen to that!

  10. #2575

    • Nope! No grown-ups here!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Lake Forest, CA
    Posts
    1,087

    Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker XI

    Wow. Slow news day, eh?
    Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

  11. #2576

    • Disneyman
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    932

    Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker XI

    Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    or some people can't comprehend the difference between a discussion and complaining.
    Some discussions are worth complaining about.
    "It's fun to do the impossible." ~Walt Disney

  12. #2577

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    8,008

    Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker XI

    So..debating on whether or not the building is lined up with the fountains in the park. It really must be a slow news day. Wait, no it's not. Tokyo is being flooded, burned, and nuclear radiated to a crisp. And yet people still sit here mindlessly arguing over something so incredibly minute that is NEVER going to matter.


    Oh hey look! New park update. Let's chew on that one, shall we?

    http://micechat.com/forums/blogs/dat...sney-more.html

    Mermaid building looks nice, and the whole Paradise Garden/GSS area is going to look pretty rad when it's all said and done.
    Last edited by Villains Fan; 03-14-2011 at 08:15 PM. Reason: Insulting members is not allowed on MiceChat

  13. #2578

    • Nope! No grown-ups here!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Lake Forest, CA
    Posts
    1,087

    Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker XI

    Hey... I bet most (if not all) of us posting here have spent plenty of time, lately, watching and listening to news of the current crisis in Japan. However, the 'breaking news' has mostly been repeats of the same information and images since Saturday. Besides, this place is supposed to be a bit of an escape from 'real life', and people could probably use a bit more escapism, lately, with all the good news in the world.
    Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

  14. #2579

    • Nope! No grown-ups here!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Lake Forest, CA
    Posts
    1,087

    Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker XI

    Quote Originally Posted by Reeder View Post
    Some discussions are worth complaining about.
    Then, conversely, some complaints are worth discussing. (?)
    Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

  15. #2580

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Buena Vista St.
    Posts
    1,887

    Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker XI

    Quote Originally Posted by BiggestDisneyFan View Post
    Hey... I bet most (if not all) of us posting here have spent plenty of time, lately, watching and listening to news of the current crisis in Japan. However, the 'breaking news' has mostly been repeats of the same information and images since Saturday. Besides, this place is supposed to be a bit of an escape from 'real life', and people could probably use a bit more escapism, lately, with all the good news in the world.
    That may be true, but to analyze if the building is off-centered by 8 inches is really crazy in my opinion. Its barely noticeable, it almost seems as if some people NEED to find something and anything wrong with DCA, regardless of how beautiful and great the addition may be. I just do not see this type of ridiculous nitpicking on anything that goes into Disneyland park, yet DCA gets put under a microscope.

    DCA is getting better and better each day, and there are less and less areas of the park that look cheap and un-themed. I think thats driving many of the Anti-DCA complainers a bit crazy as they are running out of things to hate DCA for

LinkBacks (?)


Similar Threads

  1. [News] Disney California Adventure Project Tracker X
    By MasterGracey in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 9944
    Last Post: 01-26-2011, 06:12 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •