Page 177 of 801 FirstFirst ... 77127152167174175176177178179180187202227277677 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,655 of 12005

Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker XI

With the talk of the ending scenes in Mermaid, I'm wondering if anyone knows anything about the ascension portion that comes between Ursula and the Kiss the Girl segment. I'm imagining perhaps an illusion of a surge of bubbles (Ariel rising to the surface now that she's got legs) and perhaps a scene of her meeting Eric or perhaps a montage of bits showing their tour of the Kingdom. I don't believe I've seen anything on this segment, but it comprises a fair bit of track (mostly a pretty sharp turn.) Any thoughts?

• film975

Quote Originally Posted by nonob88 View Post
    Hey, look - new trees around the Mermaid building!
    Picture - Yfrog Photo : yfrog.com/h746algj
    tweeted by Tony Sherg (bluesky95) on Twitter
    looks really nice.
    I always thought DCA needed more trees.

Quote Originally Posted by sedati View Post
    With the talk of the ending scenes in Mermaid, I'm wondering if anyone knows anything about the ascension portion that comes between Ursula and the Kiss the Girl segment. I'm imagining perhaps an illusion of a surge of bubbles (Ariel rising to the surface now that she's got legs) and perhaps a scene of her meeting Eric or perhaps a montage of bits showing their tour of the Kingdom. I don't believe I've seen anything on this segment, but it comprises a fair bit of track (mostly a pretty sharp turn.) Any thoughts?
    My advice is to just wait until the ride opens on June 3rd. Then we will know for sure what's going to be in the ride or not. Or how they are going to do certain scenes. Hang in there. Just two more months to go.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by F!an View Post
    Indy fits in Adventureland as does ST(II) in Tomorrowland both in timeline and theme but will a Marvel themed anything fit in 1930s Hollywoodland?
    There are plenty of examples where time travel takes places. How does a hotel closed in late 1939 look so bad by the 1940s, which is the case in Florida and will one day (hopefully) be the case in California as well.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

^The hotel was struck by supernatural lightning. Anything is possible in that case.

It is true though that due to stylistic differences, Marvel will be a tough fit into Disney parks as far as rides and walk around characters are concerned (aside from a few natural fits).

• Armchair Imagineer-er.

.. That was some mindless catching up. O_O
    @Monorailorange

• Disney/WWE/Anime fan

Asked a CM about the Sky school
    got told the date was 6/3 same as Star tours and little mermaid.

Grizzly was down today and was drained except the first portion of the ride

and theres some grand Prix thing in Carsland Area any guesses?
    ( i dont go much to the park so this is new.)
    Unless its a premiere thing ...

Quote Originally Posted by Tragic View Post
    Okay I am going to speak some blasphemy here now for phase 2:

I say use the newly aquired Marvel brands and put an Avengers type experience in the Hollywood Pictures backlot area, maybe the old millionaire building, and it could be changed out each time there is a new Marvel Movie coming to theaters. Why own the brand if you are not going to use it and make some money for the company, plus it makes as much sense as having millionaire or soap opera bistro, or muppets.

If it was done right I think it could work, but I am not calling for a thrill ride or even dark ride as that might not fit well. Heck over in disneyland they have star wars, and indiana jones, and I know that at the time they were being built no one thought they would work in a disney park either, but they are\were considered two of the better disney attractions once they were completed.

"I do not like to repeat successes, I like to go on to other things." Walt Disney
    I have mixed feelings, but it would make sense. I really always hoped that we would see the Incredible in some form, but that train is possible gone all ready.

I would love to see an attraction that maybe has the more classic comic book version then the movie ones that sometime are nothing like the source material.

Maybe handle the attraction like the ElecTRONica and upcoming pirate events where it's just a redressed space that changes over time with different movies. It could have interactive areas, character meet-and-greets and a chance to see samples of the film in 3D.

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFan28 View Post
    and theres some grand Prix thing in Carsland Area any guesses?
    ( i dont go much to the park so this is new.)
    Unless its a premiere thing ...
    It's for Cars 2. The plot involves the World Grand Prix.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Red Face Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker XI

There's a new [Link to unauthorized site removed] DCA update! [Link to unauthorized site removed] - Disney California Adventure
    Last edited by Villains Fan; 03-17-2011 at 11:20 AM. Reason: Link to another site removed.

" I fight for the users"

• Banned User

^nothing really new or worth noting, But the horizontal sign is starting to get installed on Disney theater! It looks really nice! It's amazing what a color change and new marquee can do to a building! Can't wait to see the walls down and I hope they go with the concept art with the ceiling of lights under the signage!

And so begins the weekly realization that we lack a reliable mid-week photo update that can satisfy our thirst for updates, along with Disney's mid-week plot to tease us with construction work that we find difficult to visually track! Oh you Disney people, you!

Quote Originally Posted by Emarc182 View Post
    Some random armchair imagineering thoughts...

...I figure since phase 1 is beginning to enter its final stages (just over a year to go) that its time to rev up thoughts about phase 2.

After looking at google maps, it seems to me that the old Millionaire building and the show building that houses muppets could be combined into what could be a great, large dark ride of some type. Great Movie Ride-esque, perhaps? There also seems to be quite a bit of space between to two buildings to further expand the showbuilding footprint.

Also, that building that used to house hollywood and dine could easily be expanded (there seems to be quite a bit of workable space back there) could be turned into yet another dark ride.

Have we heard any developments since that whole Narnia rumor about potential dark rides / additions to HPB? The facade on the hyperion will be nice, but at the end of the day, that is much more of a place-making endeavor than actually increasing capacity.

Thoughts anyone?
    honestly im waiting for them to put a la noir dark ride, perhaps something along the lines of indiana jones but w/ the la noir theme. i think it works PERFECTLY for the new direction they r taking hollywood pictures backlot (hollywoodland) not only timeline wise but thematically as well. here's to hoping it eventually gets built!

Quote Originally Posted by Tragic View Post
    Okay I am going to speak some blasphemy here now for phase 2:

I say use the newly aquired Marvel brands and put an Avengers type experience in the Hollywood Pictures backlot area, maybe the old millionaire building, and it could be changed out each time there is a new Marvel Movie coming to theaters. Why own the brand if you are not going to use it and make some money for the company, plus it makes as much sense as having millionaire or soap opera bistro, or muppets.

If it was done right I think it could work, but I am not calling for a thrill ride or even dark ride as that might not fit well. Heck over in disneyland they have star wars, and indiana jones, and I know that at the time they were being built no one thought they would work in a disney park either, but they are\were considered two of the better disney attractions once they were completed.

"I do not like to repeat successes, I like to go on to other things." Walt Disney
    honestly i just dont see a use for the marvel characters in hpb let alone DCA in general. i dont see how they fit thematically in with 1930's hollywood. i mean none of the characters really would fit in well. sure ppl will make the argument "well what does toy story have anything to do w/ a victorian 1920's pier". well, it doesnt and thats kind of the point. piers never had cohesive themes really. the "theming" for a pier was that there was no theme, it was just kinda random stuff jumbled together. but i digress.

as someone else stated, indy and star tours make sense thematically in the lands that they r in. marvel characters in 1930's hollywood would not. and although DCA has some timeline/thematic issues w/ in the park, putting in marvel characters would only exacerbate the problem.

• film975

Quote Originally Posted by DlandresortCalifan View Post
    honestly im waiting for them to put a la noir dark ride, perhaps something along the lines of indiana jones but w/ the la noir theme. i think it works PERFECTLY for the new direction they r taking hollywood pictures backlot (hollywoodland) not only timeline wise but thematically as well. here's to hoping it eventually gets built!
    Hmm. Maybe Dick Tracy might be perfect for that? I remember years before DCA was built... maybe around the time Dick Tracy came out there was talk of a doing a stunt show for that. I also remember seeing the stage show they used to have at the Videopolis Stage in Fantasyland as a kid. But a Dick Tracy dark ride would be really cool. Might be a good thing to put in the soundstage where Who Wants to Be A Millionaire used to be.

Here's the trailer for Dick Tracy just in case:

Last edited by film975; 03-16-2011 at 12:20 AM.

• Banned User

So Captain America, leader of the Avengers Started out late 1930's to early 1940's and it is a movie set to release in 4 months and the sets are looking like 1930's. This seems period appropriate to hollywoodland, more so then the other stuff that is there.

Last edited by Tragic; 03-16-2011 at 12:42 AM.

LinkBacks (?)