Page 184 of 801 FirstFirst ... 84134159174181182183184185186187194209234284684 ... LastLast
Results 2,746 to 2,760 of 12005

• I'm not really here

Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker XI

Quote Originally Posted by kibia16 View Post
    Al said back in January that the new turnstile will be completed in october:

Perennial Passholders - MiceAge.com 1/4/2011

Once the new turnstiles are finished, the old ones will be closed and that is when all the major construction on the entry will start.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kritter View Post
    No offense to Al, but he says a lot of things, that doesn't mean they are all true.

I am playing everything by ear.
    Agreed Kritter... things on these projects are very dynamic. They change often.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Banned User

Yea, tHats old. The official completion date is 8/29 but by the looks of it we may see them open sooner! Remember how fast it took for TLM facade to be completed(for the
    Most part) from the time metal framing went up to today? It was only a few months! We'll see!

• film975

It is amazing how fast the new entrance is going up. But it does make sense to get that done first before completing the rest of Buena Vista Street. The Carthay Circle Theater seems to be going at a much slower pace though.

• Banned User

Walls down around Disney Theater! Looks so GEORGEOUS! Sorry no pics. Glad they sticked to the concept art and added the popcorn lights on the ceiling!

• Hall Of Promise

I really like the new Disney Theater marquee. However, not sure I like the display inside the marquee. I think they could have met somewhere between retro/classic and child appeal.

that is exactly how i feel MagicWDI.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by FutureImagineer183 View Post
    Walls down around Disney Theater! Looks so GEORGEOUS! Sorry no pics. Glad they sticked to the concept art and added the popcorn lights on the ceiling!
    Cant wait to seeeee!

• LOL!!!!!!! (MC teen joke)

OMG I never noticed the popcorn lights in the concept art! Well this is a surprise. lol Thanks for the update.
    The Original Teen Scene of MiceChat:
    fangalicious44 padgerfan monorailorange33 SS77 A113 animekiti4christ DapperJoshua Performerinwaiting MainStreetJake dmtnt55 MikeSkellington
    JungleCruiseFan Ckelef1 Incrediboy The Disneylander GummiBearsRock iskategoofy *disneyprincess* stevo505 Dragonfire Colorized DisneyLove littleactressann Kritter

• Disneyman

You're a tease! You need to start carrying a camera with you at ALL TIMES!
    "It's fun to do the impossible." ~Walt Disney

• Banned User

I do! My phone! I just don't wanna pull it out while I'm onstage in costume! Lol it's bad show! Ok I'll promise I'll try and get to the parks earlier to take pics before my shifts. How's that sound?

• Disneyman

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    Yeah, there is a lot to do beyond just building the new turnstile. The old turnstile has to be removed, have to block off the sides of the new entrance to the walls of the park, have to repave where the old turnstiles were. Remove infrastructure from old entrance. As fast as they are going, there is a lot to get done still. August still seems pretty reasonable. Maybe July. How many shifts are they working on it? Is it 3 shifts going 24 hours a day? If so I bet they could hit early July.
    At this pace, I'll bet they can be done much sooner than that - even before Mermaid officially opens. If they finish the entrance, including paving that gap between the old turnstiles (in the center), then they should be able to open the new entrance right away. All they have to do is place workwalls around the old turnstiles (the one's they're using now), and wall it off all the way across so that there is no way in but through the new entrance. Then the crowds are funneled through that gap between the old turnstiles while they work on tearing them down and widening up the entire entrance. Granted, they might not have time to tear down the old turnstiles and rebuild those sections before June 3rd, but I think it's certainly reasonable that they could have the new entrance ready to go by then, and be funneling crowds through that central gap.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Reeder View Post
    At this pace, I'll bet they can be done much sooner than that - even before Mermaid officially opens. If they finish the entrance, including paving that gap between the old turnstiles (in the center), then they should be able to open the new entrance right away. All they have to do is place workwalls around the old turnstiles (the one's they're using now), and wall it off all the way across so that there is no way in but through the new entrance. Then the crowds are funneled through that gap between the old turnstiles while they work on tearing them down and widening up the entire entrance. Granted, they might not have time to tear down the old turnstiles and rebuild those sections before June 3rd, but I think it's certainly reasonable that they could have the new entrance ready to go by then, and be funneling crowds through that central gap.
    Haha you pretty much described what I said earlier. Only that they would use one side of the old gates as an exit. But I wouldn't be surprised if that's what they do and the 8/29 date is that date the whole entrance area(including old turnstile removal). Now that I think about it. In cast publications it says "main entrance work" being done on 8/29 so maybe that is what is happening!

• Disneyman

I do! My phone! I just don't wanna pull it out while I'm onstage in costume! Lol it's bad show! Ok I'll promise I'll try and get to the parks earlier to take pics before my shifts. How's that sound?
    Sweet deal! Good things come to those who......ask.

• is too darn hot.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyFan1 View Post
    so how is that disney jr. marquee supposed to be more thematically appropriate then what was there before? they made it very clear that they wanted to have a strong 30's-40's Hollywood vibe coming from the theater so as to help it fit aesthetically to their future version of the land. Last I checked, 30's theater marquees, looked absolutely nothing like what they just constructed. it wouldn't have cost them any more to do it right, they just didn't do the proper research it would seem. i would think it would be pretty easy for imagineers to google image "1930's theater" to figure out how to construct thematically appropriate signage for a theater.
    What is thematically inappropriate?
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

Quote Originally Posted by MagicWDI View Post
    I really like the new Disney Theater marquee. However, not sure I like the display inside the marquee. I think they could have met somewhere between retro/classic and child appeal.
    I think they should go for more traditional marque lettering like the Steamboat Wille sign like in DL. Why do they need to use the logo twice if it is already on the radio tower?

LinkBacks (?)